OpenGL and CSharp - OpenTK

Drop in for a chat and a cup of tea

3 posts
by andywe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 pm
One of this years challenges has been to develop a fast paced C# programming course for computer game programming that also covers OpenGL within a .Net context.

In the course of doing this I came across OpenTK - which is, essentially, a wrapper around OpenGL, OpenGL ES ....

OpenTK works not only on Windows platforms, but, also, via the Mono project, on Linux platforms ...

Also, it can be programmed using .Net Visual Basic ...

Might be an interesting project RaspberryPi wise ...

Develop your games on a raspberryPi and then, if you want to, and have the necessary toolkits and IDEs get them to run on a Windows platform ?
by hippy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 pm
andywe said:

Also, it can be programmed using .Net Visual Basic ...

Develop your games on a raspberryPi and then, if you want to, and have the necessary toolkits and IDEs get them to run on a Windows platform ?

Or develop on Windows and run on an R-Pi. That won't suit everyone but will suit some. I hadn't realised mono had moved on so far with .Net VB so that's good news to me and thanks for bringing that to my attention. More info on that here -

http://www.mono-project.com/Vi.....ET_support

Whether native R-Pi development or cross-platform development, it's something I'm interested in so if it does work that would be great.
by ChrisSwan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 am
Has anyone had any luck with running OpenTK on Pi yet?

I've been logging my progress on the MonoGames and Pi thread, and although that last stable OpenTk compiles ok I'm failing to get it running at the moment due to graphic initialisation errors.