Mouse Problems!

6 posts
by Porchy12 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 pm
Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with getting the right mouse for my RasPi!

I have an Asda USB powered mouse, and it just won't work at all. I have plugged it directly to the RasPi, and also through a powered hub, but it doesn't work.

Also, I have bought a Tesco branded wireless mouse with a nano dongle, and that won't work either, through the powered hub, or direct!

I borrowed a mini USB retractable cabled mouse from my girlfriend, and that works! (I can't keep it though, it's hers, and I can't seem to find another one anywhere!)

Is there anyone out there who can help me either get the wireless mouse to work, or to help me find a decent (cheap) mouse that will work?

Thanks in advance!

Porchy
by Porchy12 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm
Does no one have any advice?
by jamesh » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm
I use a Dell wired mouse that was being thrown out at work, and that works fine.
Soon to be employed engineer - Hurrah! Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at PiAcademy September 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by grumpyoldgit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:56 pm
These incompatibilities are very odd.
All my equipment is old. I have piles of it in boxes thrown out from work years ago. All of it is PS/2 and it all works.
Completely indestructible so I have never needed to buy replacements.
I just had to get a PS2/USB Y converter so I could plug everything into the Pi.
by pygmy_giant » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 pm
I had mouse probs after updating boot files but forgetting to update the modules in debian - nothing like that no?
Ostendo ignarus addo scientia.
by Porchy12 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 am
It's very strange, sometimes the retractable mini mouse works, then sometimes, when I reboot, an error shows up on the boot screen saying cannot restart USB 1? Or something like that, I'll try and get a picture for it.

also, I have tried booting it with deviant 'squeeze', fedora arm and arch linux, all with differing outcomes!

I'm starting to think I may have a faulty pi! Is there any way for me to test it?

thanks,
dan