Any success with iPhone LCD screen

2 posts
by goocreations » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 pm
I've now googled for 2 days and I get a lot of post on this topic, but it seems no one has a clear answer to this.

Will an iPhone LCD (eg: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-New-LCD-Glass-Screen-Display-for-Iphone-4G-/180672789152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a10effaa0) display work on a Raspberry Pi? Will it be possible to plug in the DSI and the dislpay will work, or do I have to do some soldering or write custom drivers?
by ghans » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm
The answers in order of the questions.
Yes.
No.
Yes , yes.
Note that there is NO documentation available for DSI , CSI or the GPU (the code will HAVE to run on the GPU).
It's a trade secret , but the foundation members (Broadcom employees) have access to it (and will release a display - maybe).
Reverse engineering is deemed impossible , especially because the GPU has an unknown architecture and instruction set.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org