Rename this forum ?

6 posts
by domesday » Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 am
May I suggest Instead of having a forum for gertboard, Piface, Pi-Wire etc, perhaps re-name the 'Gertboard' forum 'GPIO Boards' then discussions about all the GPIO boards can be discussed here. If it gets really busy in here then sub-forums could be made for the popular boards.
by AndrewS » Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 am
I think as the Gertboard is "semi-official" ( :?: ) it'll probably be more popular than the other addon boards, so IMHO it makes sense to leave a separate forum for Gertboard and discuss the other GPIO boards in "Addons" ?
by domesday » Sat May 19, 2012 12:09 pm
As you say the Gertboard is likely to be more popular than most, but separating it out it is spreading things to thin as most of the discussion relating to the Gertboard will be general GPIO topics that will apply to all the boards. Seems to make sense to me to keep them all together.
by jamesh » Sat May 19, 2012 12:29 pm
We are going to run like this for a while, and if necessary we will combine/separate at a later date.
Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at Picademy September and October 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by domesday » Sat May 19, 2012 12:37 pm
Come to think of it having

"Gertboard", Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.), and 'Add-Ons' seems quite confusing and somewhat duplicates the same things.

For example I have a question that is " If there a permanent pull-up resistor on Expansion Header GPIO 0, would it be best to use pull-up rather than pull-down designs for GPIO ?'. I'm not sure where I would post this as I am thinking of using a Gertboard, on the other hand you could say my question is Interfacing related or an Add On question.

Seems most logical to me to have just a general 'Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, GPIO etc.)' forum.
by mahjongg » Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 pm
well, IMHO there is no confusion, if the question is about an actual gertboard it goes here, if its about other boards using I2C, SPI, UART or GPIO (or DSI, CSI, PWM, I2S) it goes in the other forum.

Well have to see how many actual gertboard questions well see here.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator