Pi instead of Gertboard

12 posts
by ChadP » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:17 pm
Today i recieved my gertboard but was shocked to find that when i opened it up it was a raspberry pi. The invoice said Gertboard kit but it was wrong. I called element 14 and they told me that it was a error and people have called in all day with the same problem. Anyone waiting for the gert to come in the mail may be getting a pi instead.
by jsharper » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm
Happened to me too.. got it last night. I haven't had time to try to contact them yet. I'm curious what resolution did they come up with for you? I'm worried they will say sorry too bad we don't do the kits anymore and try to just refund.

Edit: I did the web chat with newark.com customer service and got only this:
We are aware of this issue and have a special team working on a solution, I do apologize this happened and once a solution is in place you will be contacted by a member of that team.

Here's hoping for the best... I really hope they will still offer us a kit version as building it with my 11yo daughter was a big part of the appeal. Failing that, I may still be interested in a pre-assembled version if the cost is lower... In the meantime, the extra 256meg of ram is nice :)
by tomuo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm
Same here, mine arrived yesterday. Packing slip says GERTBOM, the antistatic bag says GERTBOM.
Contents was a new Pi in its white box.

Reply from newark was :

Sorry for the confusion Tom but the Gert Board has been discontinued and we are working on a solution for this. I am sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.

---
by ChadP » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 pm
I called them twice, they told me the same thing i looked online at my order and it says order complete soi told the guy on phone about it he said they know and we will get the gertboard but they dont know when they will be back in stock and the kit may be assembled already. Im gonna keep calling untill i get an answer that i think is good. I think they are making changes to the board or something. The guy on the phone didnt even know if they were gonna want the pi back or not.
by stuartcullen730 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 pm
That happened to me as well. I posted a similar responce on the Element14 forum.
To make a long story short.
Customer service told me to keep the new Rev2 512 MB Raspberry Pi.
and a new order was generated for the Gertboard (Est ship Nov 29) with a charge of $0.00!
Wow.
by ChadP » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Today i checked my account on element 14 and it shows a new order for gertboard that ships nov 29 to. And it shows 0 dollars for the price. i guess i get a free raspi pi plus the gertboard. I hope it is unassembled when it finally gets to my door.
by ChadP » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 pm
My gertboard shipped today. Cant wait to get it!
by jsharper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:08 am
I also had a new $0 order show up in my account for a(nother) gertboard kit and it also shipped today. I still have received zero communication from Newark about what happened and what they are doing about it... I wonder if the new shipment will come with a note or something.
by ChadP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:20 pm
Mine is out for delivery ill let you know what i get today.
by rew » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 am
And????
Check out our raspberry pi addons: http://www.bitwizard.nl/catalog/
by jsharper » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm
Yay! Got my gertboard kit today from newark, along with the note apologizing for the mixup and saying keep the Pi. All parts are accounted for.

Thanks for coming through, Newark, and for the free 512mb Pi ;)
by cupcake » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 pm
Same here. First got a new 512MB RPi instead of the Gertboard. Then got the Gertboard. All for the price of just the Gertboard.

Well done, Newark.