Help making a Arcade Jukebox

4 posts
by Buzzy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:45 pm
Hello,

I don't know much about linux systems. Still learning!
I can't get zytouch driver on my raspberry pi B with Raspbian Wheezy. http://www.mega-nerd.com/Zytouch/Readme.txt
after:
# make && sudo make install

if get this error:
ocamlopt -warn-error A -c -I +lablgtk2 -I +cairo -I +extlib -I calibrate calibrate/util.ml -o calibrate/util.cmx
File "calibrate/util.ml", line 19, characters 0-14:
Error: Unbound module ExtString
make: *** [calibrate/util.cmx] Error 2

Can someone help me?

I also want to put SKGJukebox on it. http://skgsoft.net/downloads
I think I have to compile the source code but I can't get Qt on my Pi...

Please help!
by Buzzy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm
Still stuck here, can someone help? Or please tell me how to make my own driver?

Thanks
by socialdefect » Fri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm
It's not very common these days to compile your own drivers on Linux. Most drivers are compiled inside the kernel itself so there is no need to install anything for most devices. Did you try the device or did you go straight to compiling the driver??

Some non-free drivers are distributed separately. you can find those by searching the package repositories by entering the following command in a terminal:
Code: Select all
apt-cache search zytronic

In this case the search turns up empty so if the device is not working without a driver you should compile it. When compiling a driver you will need the basic compiling tools plus the libraries required by the driver itself. Make sure you've executed the following commands before starting the make process:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install build-essential libusb-dev libxtst-dev
sudo apt-get install ocaml-native-compilers ocaml-nox libextlib-ocaml-dev libcairo-ocaml-dev liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev

If any of these commands return an error you won't have all requirements to proceed.

A problem when compiling drivers on the Pi is that most drivers are built for 32bit (i386, x86) or 64bit (amd64, x86_64) architectures and the Pi runs on a ARM processor. Most of the time code will compile without any hacking but sometimes you might need to hack the source code to get it to compile. This can be as simple as just adding armhf somewhere in the code but can also be more technical.
Also most drivers are developed on x86 or x86_64 architectures so the manual might not list all dependencies required on Raspbian. If this is the case you most likely end up with an error about a missing program or library. These can be installed by searching for them by using the apt-cache command and then install using apt-get. The library files have the -dev extension.

Installing QT can also be done by using the apt commands. If you search for qt4 or qt5 you'll find all available qt packages. I believe installing qt4-default will install most of what you need. The libqt4-dev package will install the core libraries and the libqt4-* packages install extra header files for specific programs.

Hope this will be of help to you...

If a jukebox is what you want you might like RaspBMC or OpenElec, both are media center OS for the Pi and are just as easy to install as Raspbian. check this review for more info
== If it's not broke... I'm not done fixing it! ==
by BMS Doug » Sat May 10, 2014 8:11 am
socialdefect wrote:
If a jukebox is what you want you might like RaspBMC or OpenElec, both are media center OS for the Pi and are just as easy to install as Raspbian. check this review for more info

I'm not able to offer any advice on the driver issue, and it looks like socialdefect has covered that quite thoroughly.

Buzzy: for a games jukebox have you looked at retropie? The games sub-forum will have a lot of useful info for your project.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.