by jaclag » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 pm
Hello,

I have created a symbol and footprint EAGLE PCB library for the Raspberry Pi

board.

dimension taken from :

Raspberrypi.org/forum mechanical-profile-3d-models

and io connector from:

RPi_Low-level_peripherals

It is a first beta version and it should be validate with a real board !!!....

If you are interested, you can download the lbr (eagle version >=5.1) file at:

RaspberryPi.lbr

best regards

jacques
by TonyD » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am
Thanks for sharing Jacques
Tony
by michydk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 pm
Thanks a lot for sharing !
by matib12 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 am
I've found your library very useful. I need also layout of Raspberry Rev 2 so I added it to your file. This is modified version of your file where I put a new connector P5 available in the new revision of Raspberry Pi.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/QSRBQF1o/RaspberryPi.html
I had no opportunity to check if the design is correct. If anyone can check it, please post it here.
by Fieldy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 am
matib12 wrote:I've found your library very useful. I need also layout of Raspberry Rev 2 so I added it to your file. This is modified version of your file where I put a new connector P5 available in the new revision of Raspberry Pi.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/QSRBQF1o/RaspberryPi.html
I had no opportunity to check if the design is correct. If anyone can check it, please post it here.

Could you upload your version of the library at some host where one can download without having an account, please?!
I don't want to register for just downloading one file and then use this site never again....
by matib12 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 pm
I upload the library here. To the uploaded version I added mounting holes in Rev2.
RaspberryPi_0.2.zip
PCB library in Eagle5 format.
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 2426 times
by daveshorts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:56 am
matib12 wrote:I upload the library here. To the uploaded version I added mounting holes in Rev2.
RaspberryPi_0.2.zip

That is really useful, I want to take the reset switch across from connector p6 is there information on its exact position so I can I work out where to put it?
by asantanna » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 pm
Wow ! Great !

This saves me a LOT of time. Thanks for sharing !

:D :D :D
by stv0g » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 pm
Hi,
here's another Update on the library:

added P6 header for reset
    added shield dimensions
    added shield for model A
    updated physical board dimensions
    added CSI and DSI headers

Both revision 1 and 2 are now available in one package with consolidated Symbols.
I've added the library to the Cadsoft upload section as well to my Github repository

ciao :-)
by Debiano » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am
Hi.

Anybode can help me how to start making a shield?

I only want to put 3 chips 74HC14AN and route them. Should be easy but i dont know how to place the chips on the boad. I want to order on seedstudio and ive read i need to apply his rules.

Anybody can give a little clue how to continue?

Thanks.
Attachments
eagle.png
eagle.png (39.01 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
by FLYFISH TECHNOLOGIES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:48 pm
Hi,
Debiano wrote:Should be easy but i dont know how to place the chips on the boad.

You should put elements (and connect them together) on schematics. Your screenshot is showing a board editor.
Switching between board and schematics can be done by clicking on the 4th icon on the horizontal toolbar (just below top most menus). The icons in this toolbar are (from left to right): open, save, print, CAM processor and then this mentioned switching icon (you can switch back from schematics editor by clicking on this same icon).

The idea is to have for each design a schematics+board pairs. The application takes care about syncing them automatically. So, when you apply a change in one of them, it appears also in another immediately. For example, when you add a component in schematics editor, this component appears also on the board.
Keep in mind basic facts:
- schematics editor is the right place to perform the components and connection manipulation,
- board editor is the right place to move components on the board and route traces (according to existing un-routed connections synced from schematics).

Debiano wrote: I want to order on seedstudio and ive read i need to apply his rules.

An icon for loading/checking the board rules is placed on vertical toolbar located on the left side. This icon is last in right column, its tooltip text is DRC (Design Rules Check). Click on it, a new dialog opens where you can load rules, edit them and also perform the check.

(Icons are not the only way to get these functionalities... Currently, it's enough that you know at least one. ;-) )

Best wishes, Ivan Zilic.
Running out of GPIO pins and/or need to read analog values?
Solution: http://www.flyfish-tech.com/FF32
by Debiano » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 am
Hi Thanks for your help.

After 3 hours trying to find a library im asking again for help (sorry).

I need D-sub 44 connector. Where can i find that library so i can add to the schematic? Also where can i find any library for a specific chip?

Thanks in advance.
by FLYFISH TECHNOLOGIES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 am
Hi, :-)
Debiano wrote:I need D-sub 44 connector. Where can i find that library so i can add to the schematic?

If it is not available in provided libraries (I haven't checked, but you probably have in mentioned 3-hours search), then you could take a look to CadSoft's web page. They have a download page where users contributed libraries they created on their own for various elements. (Although it seems like a good source of components, I downloaded just one pattern so far... too many elements are present on the market. 8-) )

Debiano wrote:Also where can i find any library for a specific chip?

If the element is not in present in libraries provided with the application and not available on the mentioned download page, then you could try your luck also with Google search... if you cannot locate it, then you have to create one (with Library editor).

Best wishes, Ivan Zilic.
by edbrunelle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 am
A question for you people running Eagle 'free' CAD; How the $%#&*# did you get to install? I'm running Raspbian Wheezy 3.12.20+ and whether I run it as the 'pi' user or 'sudo' I get the following messages:

sudo ./Downloads/eagle-lin-6.6.0.run
Ensure the following 32 bit libraries are available:
not a dynamic executable

./Downloads/eagle-lin-6.6.0.run: line 117: /tmp/eagle-setup.6595/eagle-6.6.0/bin/eagle: cannot execute binary file

How do I resolve this????

Thanks for any help
Ed
by FLYFISH TECHNOLOGIES » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:57 am
Hi Ed,
edbrunelle wrote:A question for you people running Eagle 'free' CAD; How the $%#&*# did you get to install?

I don't think that Eagle version for RasPi (ARM) exists...

Best wishes, Ivan Zilic.