ModMyPi Raspberry Pi Cases

97 posts   Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4
by Lorian » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 pm
Got mine, it's pretty good, worth the money.

It's just a tiny bit loose inside the case (maybe .5mm) guess that allows for some variation in board size.
by PaulCheffus » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm
Lorian wrote:Got mine, it's pretty good, worth the money.

It's just a tiny bit loose inside the case (maybe .5mm) guess that allows for some variation in board size.

Hi

I found it also moves up and down by a couple of mm but I sorted that by attaching using double sided tape a couple of pieces of plastic inside the lid of the case so that it holds down two opposite corners of the PCB.

I also felt the plastic is a bit transucent and bleeds a lot of light so you get a very bright corner where the LEDs are.

Overall a very good case and I will certainly be buying another when my second Pi arrives.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.
by nidO » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 pm
My cases have just arrived as well, they look nice and do the job but my pis also move and rattle slightly within their cases (I have 2 pis and 2 cases, and all combinations have a slight movement of the pi within its case, as the case is both fractionally too long and wide) which is a bit disappointing - I'd be curious to know whether this is an intentional gap left to allow for potential variations in pcb sizes, or just bad measuring?
by modmypi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm
It is a tolerance gap left for slight variations in PCB sizes. Some of the boards we measured varied as much as 2mm from one end to the other. We thought it better to leave a .5mm edge clearance rather than risking people's boards not fitting in.

Feedback's been really positive so far, so thanks to everyone for supporting us! I think the main criticism highlighted is excessive tolerance in the vertical direction, hence some maraca like qualities on some boards.

We've listened (as we want people to be happy with their cases), and are currently working through this with the addition of a small bump on the internal side of the USB hood. This acts to hold the board in place via a slight pressure on the top of the USB port when the two halves are clipped together.

Feedback is always much appreciated, as it helps us to improve.

Other changes soon to be in effect include GPIO ribbon access via a side window and camera module access.

Cheers,

ModMyPi
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!
by keenan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 am
Just recieved mine.. I think it's awesome.. Lots of work and fits like a glove!!

Thanks for all your hard work..

by piglet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am
https://www.modmypi.com/shop/

Fatal error: Class 'Registry' not found in /home/content/94/9098194/html/shop/index.php on line 31
by Montala » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 am
piglet wrote:https://www.modmypi.com/shop/

Fatal error: Class 'Registry' not found in /home/content/94/9098194/html/shop/index.php on line 31

Works OK for me... perhaps it just got 'fixed' quickly!
by nadnerb » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm
modmypi, I'd like to order a GPIO header extender for 96p but £2 shipping seems a bit steep, is that flat rate for all products on the site? If so, any plans to have the shipping price reflect the product?
by modmypi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:44 pm
Most people order the GPIO extenders alongside a case, hence the price. We'll look into dropping it now we're integrating product based shipping rather than flat rate. Give it a week or so and I'll have someone take a look.

ModMyPi
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!
by nadnerb » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 pm
Thanks.
I'll probably buy a modmipi case when I get my 2nd pi, but I'm building my own case at the moment and integrating a few things via GPIO.
by jogge » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:42 pm
modmypi wrote:It is a tolerance gap left for slight variations in PCB sizes. Some of the boards we measured varied as much as 2mm from one end to the other. We thought it better to leave a .5mm edge clearance rather than risking people's boards not fitting in.

Feedback's been really positive so far, so thanks to everyone for supporting us! I think the main criticism highlighted is excessive tolerance in the vertical direction, hence some maraca like qualities on some boards.

We've listened (as we want people to be happy with their cases), and are currently working through this with the addition of a small bump on the internal side of the USB hood. This acts to hold the board in place via a slight pressure on the top of the USB port when the two halves are clipped together.

Feedback is always much appreciated, as it helps us to improve.

Other changes soon to be in effect include GPIO ribbon access via a side window and camera module access.

Cheers,

ModMyPi

When will these updated cases be available?
I wil get my Pi in about a month and i want my case, when it arrives. I would really like a transparent case.. And it will have to be shipped to Denmark.
I really like your case and i think it's great that you support people through this forum.

How long should i wait before ordering? When will updated and transparent case be available?

It would suck to order it and then read that the new ones will be released the day after :P

Thank you in advance :)

Regards
Joachim
by jogge » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am
Apparently, there is no way to edit my earlier post..
I'm suddently getting my Pi this week so that may change things. I might just buy the black one.
My question is still standing though :)
by modmypi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm
Updated production cases will be available mid August at the earliest, whenever we get a chance to get it on a bench and make the desired changes really! Need to finish off the rest of June's and July pre-orders first and get a load of stock in before however so maybe 4 weeks.

Transparent case will not be available until September at the earliest.

We're also working on a case with integrated electronics - USB Hub, wifi dongle, power switch etc. And that should be getting towards prototyping in August.
by W. H. Heydt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm
modmypi wrote:We're also working on a case with integrated electronics - USB Hub, wifi dongle, power switch etc. And that should be getting towards prototyping in August.

Sounds good, but I hope the WiFi dongle can be removed or disabled. (And, of course, the USB Hub will have proper power isolation from the Pi itself...)
by BenWiley4000 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 pm
Ok so I have to admit when I saw the pibow, I was somewhat wary of whether I'd made the right decision on my case.. but it (finally) arrived today and the modmypi case is fantastic! I've experienced no discernable movement inside the case-- which is great. It does wiggle some when I add and remove components, but that's fine, it's so much better than trying to hold it without breaking something.

Great work! I might outfit it with some stickers

Ben
by rmwebs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:33 pm
My ModMyPi case arrived today - was an unexpected surprise as I only ordered it a week or 2 ago!

I have to say at this point that I was a little shocked how poorly packaged it was. It (obviously) came as two pieces, however they were just inside a minimally padded envelope with a number of holes in it where the plastic edges had pierced through. Thankfully it wasn't damaged in any way, however I wouldnt be at all surprised if a large number end up arriving broken if this is the way they are all packaged.

That aside, the case fits nicely. There's a little wiggle room on all sides, however nothing that would cause concern. The case is pretty much what I'd expect to be an 'official' case, in that it's not trying to be some sort of funky design, its functional and serves its purpose at a decent cost.

I've got a few other Pi's coming and wouldn't hesitate to order this again if I was looking for a case (Already got 1x RS case and 1x PiBow on order for 2 other RPis).
by daveg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm
got mine today aswell.

Well worth the money; impressive finish and build quality.
by norp » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm
got mine today as well. Great!
as reported already the board rattles slightly inside the case; nothing that a little bit of tape can't take care of.
As for the rest, A+

cheers
by Mistabeen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 pm
any chances we'll be seeing other colors in the future?
The two tone design would really fit NES colors :p
by thradtke » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:51 pm
Found my shiny white case in the mail today. Fits perfectly :-). Thanks, Jacob - well done!
Full-time noob forever.
by castalla » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am
My case arrived today. White - now if only I could find a white SD card!

Excellent value.
by guidol » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:32 pm
castalla wrote:My case arrived today. White - now if only I could find a white SD card!

How about a Toshiba Card (works fine in my Pi):
by castalla » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm
Oh Yes!

Now, where can I buy that? (preferably Amazon ...)
by castalla » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 pm
Found one! But it's Class 10 - is that appropriate?
by PaulCheffus » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm
castalla wrote:Found one! But it's Class 10 - is that appropriate?

Hi

Its a class 10 shown in the picture so yes.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.