Cases for the Raspberry Pi

867 posts   Page 29 of 35   1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35
by Sergi 10 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 am
The pink color that made ??for ABS is very ugly, I prefer the purple, is very chic
http://www.lanzanos.com/proyectos/rpi-box/eng/
by UncleDave » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am
How about a cut-out to reach the internal headers? If I use R-Pi in a development setting I'd still like to try to protect the unit while having access to the headers.

Maybe some way to hold the R-Pi in the bottom case without having to have the lid to hold it in place?

UD.
by Sergi 10 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 am
The design allows to separate the upper housing part in order to use the connectors GPIO, and the remaining connectors.
http://www.lanzanos.com/proyectos/rpi-box/eng/
by RaspberryPiBox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm
Hi all, I want to show you our case for the rpi named "RaspberryPi BOx" made in acrylic plastic and available in several themes and colors. The price will be about 10 dollars without shipping taxes.
All topics will be in a few days on our website that will be online soon, where we will also inform you of the latest developments.

The picture is taken of the actual product, not render. I hope you like it

:D

RaspberryPi Box Blue
by J Sanderson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm
modmypi said:

@mrlinux2u

I was waiting for someone to ask for pink :D I'll look into it, although not that many ABS suppliers seem to stock it, and when they do, its at a horrific price.

ModMyPi

What about clear? I hear some 3D Printers will produce clear!
by modmypi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:56 pm
J Sanderson said:

modmypi said:

Our cases will be produced using ABS, and unfortunately, as far as I am aware, you cannot actually source translucent ABS filament.

PLA filament on the other hand, which is a slightly different plastic but is also used in 3D printing, does have the ability to be clear to some extent. Whether it will be the type of clear that you would want I am not sure. A case made from translucent PLA is much more likely to have a 'misty' effect rather than be fully translucent.

Cases which are made from acrylic will have the ability to be clear. The problem with acrylic however, is that is is generally a much more brittle material and much less workable than ABS.

This was the thinking behind creating a translucent slide in roof to our next generation of cases. You get the strength and durability of ABS for the structure of the case, but you have the ability to see all the working of the Raspberry Pi with a laser cut acrylic roof.

ModMyPi
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!
by arm2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 pm
modmypi said:

J Sanderson said:

modmypi said:

Our cases will be produced using ABS, and unfortunately, as far as I am aware, you cannot actually source translucent ABS filament.

PLA filament on the other hand, which is a slightly different plastic but is also used in 3D printing, does have the ability to be clear to some extent. Whether it will be the type of clear that you would want I am not sure. A case made from translucent PLA is much more likely to have a 'misty' effect rather than be fully translucent.

Cases which are made from acrylic will have the ability to be clear. The problem with acrylic however, is that is is generally a much more brittle material and much less workable than ABS.

This was the thinking behind creating a translucent slide in roof to our next generation of cases. You get the strength and durability of ABS for the structure of the case, but you have the ability to see all the working of the Raspberry Pi with a laser cut acrylic roof.

ModMyPi

I did a bit of research into 3D printing and found out that the transluscent PLA can be made clear but needs significant polishing and it doesn't sound a quick job, therefore expensive :-(
by Lolo34140 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am
I also created a design case for the Raspberry Pi.

I hope you like it!

Raspberry Pi case

Raspberry Pi case

Raspberry Pi case

Raspberry pi case

Raspberry pi case

Raspberry Pi case
http://freakyshape.com/
cases for the Raspberry Pi available here : http://www.shapeways.com/shops/FreakyShape
by walney » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 am
Nice case... any chance of shutting the pie hole?

;)
by Lolo34140 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 am
walney said:

Nice case... any chance of shutting the pie hole?

;)

I can remove the Pi hole but, the case needs some holes on the top in order to dissipate the heat generated by the Raspberry Pi when it's in operation.
http://freakyshape.com/
cases for the Raspberry Pi available here : http://www.shapeways.com/shops/FreakyShape
by jacklang » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am
The heat - maybe 1 watt will dissapate by conduction.
by ace417 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:48 pm
Has anyone thought about making cases that attach to VESA mounts? This seems like a smart idea to me, particulary in the education sector, where out of sight means that the kids wont mess with it ;)
by abishur » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51 pm
ace417 said:

Has anyone thought about making cases that attach to VESA mounts? This seems like a smart idea to me, particulary in the education sector, where out of sight means that the kids wont mess with it ;)

Lol, when I was kid out of sight meant it was definitely something I would find then mess with (after all if it was something boring they wouldn't have hidden it!) :-P

There has been some VESA talk, but I don't think anyone has actually worked on making a VESA case yet.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by tzj » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:44 pm
i"ll have a go...

something like 2 or 4 side brackets holding the board, bolted to a plate that allows for adjustment, then that plate is screwed/bolted to a case.

... unless someone else wants to do the design? :)
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)
by Midnight Caller » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 pm
What is a VESA case?   huh?
Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
by RaTTuS » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F....._Interface

but basically a way of connecting TV's etc to wall or things to TV's
1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX - Prosliver FTW
"That's not right, the badgers have moved the goalposts."
by Midnight Caller » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:04 pm
Thanks you learn something everyday
Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
by mintra » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm
Hi

My case design should, accommodates all different vesa formats.  I also want it to allow for expnasion, this means one expansion card.

The problem I have is to decide what height above the circuit board I should allow for this one card.

What height should it be?
by ace417 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Abishur said:

ace417 said:

Lol, when I was kid out of sight meant it was definitely something I would find then mess with (after all if it was something boring they wouldn't have hidden it!) :-P

There has been some VESA talk, but I don't think anyone has actually worked on making a VESA case yet.

They dont seem to mess with our nComputing devices at all. They just hop on and go.
by mintra » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm
First guess is 2.4

cm
by arm2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:15 pm
Abishur said:

ace417 said:

We have four case designs awaiting a Pi to finalise, two or three will have VESA mounting options! We may not put all four into production but I'm sure at least two will.
by DNVDK » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am
I have been working on a opensource case for a few days now and I had the first test laser cut yesterday. I love how the Rasbperry Pi was advertized as a computer you can mould and shape to do what you like. I took this concept and hope to make a case that kids can make themselves or at least customize and built themselves.
The goal is to make a small site where you can type in your initials (or a letter and a digit or two digits) and render that in a plan you can get laser cut at any FabLab or other workshop with a laser cutter. All you then need is four tie-raps and you got a box that you can mount on all surfaces with suction cups or screws.

Next trial version will look less wobbly. Although this case is very sturdy I don't like the bending of the stacked pillars but I came up with a solution that will work!
Full project here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/for.....spberry-pi

by arm2 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:49 pm
DNVDK said:

I have been working on a opensource case for a few days now and I had the first test laser cut yesterday. I love how the Rasbperry Pi was advertized as a computer you can mould and shape to do what you like. I took this concept and hope to make a case that kids can make themselves or at least customize and built themselves.
The goal is to make a small site where you can type in your initials (or a letter and a digit or two digits) and render that in a plan you can get laser cut at any FabLab or other workshop with a laser cutter. All you then need is four tie-raps and you got a box that you can mount on all surfaces with suction cups or screws.

Next trial version will look less wobbly. Although this case is very sturdy I don't like the bending of the stacked pillars but I came up with a solution that will work!

I like a number of points in the design, but given the very small area in the corners to try and grip the board I think it would fall out :-( Especially when you think of the strain the HDMI & other cables would apply.
by DNVDK » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 pm
I'm curious to find out how well it 'grips' as well, this first test is promising though but I need to cut a plate of the exact size of the Raspberry to further test it. I just heard I wasn't quick enough to reserve a Pi : ( don't know if I will make the second batch or that all reservations are spoken for and I need to wait for a production model later this year.
Hope to be able to purchase a Pi in the coming weeks, would need to test with a real model to determine if it fits and holds, could still make easy adjustments to support it better.
Hope to show more soon.
by edgarinventor » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm
tzj said:

i"ll have a go...

something like 2 or 4 side brackets holding the board, bolted to a plate that allows for adjustment, then that plate is screwed/bolted to a case.

... unless someone else wants to do the design? :)

I've designed a Raspi Case, for School use, stackable, a locker-cable hole, a labelling tag, and slots for putting the cables up front, see if it works for you guys:

http://www.ponoko.com/design-y.....-case-7652