Midori Video Playback

10 posts
by trankin79 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm
Hello All!

So far, I've found all my answers here and can't thank everyone around here enough! excellent write-ups!

One issue I've been struggling with however, is a project that hopefully someone will be able to help out with! I am building a slideshow for an eye doctors office, it's built with HTML5 and runs full screen in Midori. It runs great, right until it hits the commercial. I've tried h.264, mpeg, avi and still can't get it to playback in the midori web browser. It plays fine in GNOME player, but not in the browser. The video is very choppy in GNOME. Am I missing something here, something better to use? or just nix the commercial all together?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks!
by ghans » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 pm
Currently NO video playback is accelerated anywhere.
The exceptions are:
RaspBMC (XMBC)
Openelec (XMBC)
OMXPlayer (compile yourself)

The Raspberry Pi is a work in progress , the situation should improve soon.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by dom » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm
ghans wrote: OMXPlayer (compile yourself)

It's preinstalled on Wheezy image.
by ghans » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:10 pm
Thanks for the update , dom !

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by dorijan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 pm
Any news about this hw accelerated payback in browser? I am currently playing as moving GIF but this is not a good solution :)
Thank you
by ghans » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am
Not really.
There is ongoing work with the gstreamer backend , though.

ghans
by jojen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 pm
you can take a look this manual: http://lin.jojen.de/?p=32 If it is a html5 video tag in the html page you can launch the omxplayer via browser
by ghans » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am
jojen , thank you very very much for this.

ghans
by cyanarnofsky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm
Is it possible to alter the HTML5 video tags within UZBL as this shows for Midori? Really like to have embedded video that is played via OMXPlayer if possible.
by Cloudcentric » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm
cyanarnofsky wrote:Is it possible to alter the HTML5 video tags within UZBL as this shows for Midori? Really like to have embedded video that is played via OMXPlayer if possible.

I am sure you can http://uzbl.org :P

If you are running Raspbian "wheezy" then: apt-get install uzbl

If you are using alarmpi then: pacman -S uzbl-browser
I know everything about nothing"