Weather Information System

5 posts
by keskin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 am
Hello everyone,

We recently manage to build a weather information system with using temperature, humidity, wind speed & direction and compass sensor. And for data logging and reporting a custom web site is also developed.

Before Raspberry Pi, all the information is transmitted to a web server via ZigBee.

But thanks to Raspberry Pi, it is now running on it. Thanks to rPi's low energy consumption, we can also powering it from 24V NiHM battery or 18V PV module.

The details of this projects is going to be presented in ICMLA 2012 conference at Boca Raton,Florida,USA.

After the presentation, I will certainly give much more details.
Attachments
wis_rpi_1.jpg
the setup
wis_rpi_1.jpg (51.41 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
by Wendelspanswick » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:56 pm
Any update on this?
by dbasberg » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:12 am
Nice job Wendell. I have a Lacrosse weather station on my greenhouse and it logs all its data to a PC by USB. The PC is a web server, so the data is available on the web along with security and building info. You have duplicated all features of my weather station and have solar backup. That is very nice.
Four RPIs: 2:256 & 2:512 using for monitor and control in out buildings of farm (embedded controls). Linux novice. Experienced real-time programmer/hardware/systems designer.
by eugorg » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm
I am curious to learn more about your design and programming. I am designing a system for a solar powered aquaponics and am working though the controller for sensor reporting such as water, soil temp, ph, pump status etc.
by dbasberg » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 am
eugorg wrote:I am curious to learn more about your design and programming. I am designing a system for a solar powered aquaponics and am working though the controller for sensor reporting such as water, soil temp, ph, pump status etc.

I am an electrical engineer working in automation and controls. I am retired now and used some of my background to automate my greenhouse/aquaponics system.

What would you like to discuss? It would take a book to outline all aspects of the design/implementation. ;)

Doug
Four RPIs: 2:256 & 2:512 using for monitor and control in out buildings of farm (embedded controls). Linux novice. Experienced real-time programmer/hardware/systems designer.