Headers and sockets

7 posts
by rickseiden » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am
I'm looking for a supplier of header pins and sockets. Right now I'm looking for a 2x7 female straight through hole socket, and am finding it hard to locate a place that doesn't want to add a ton to orders under $50. I'm sure later on I'll be looking for other stuff, and, come to think of it, I'll need some header pins for the project I'm thinking of.

If anyone has a source they'd like to share, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
Rick
by Burngate » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 am
It depends where in the world you are.

UK, you've got Maplins, CPC, Tandy, ...
US, MCM ...

Update your profile with a location, then people will rush to help :)
Wyszkowski's Second Law: Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough.
Brain surgery is easier than psychoanalysis
by Joe Schmoe » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 am
Honestly, I thought (based on the thread title) that this was going to be about: <sockets.h>
Never answer the question you are asked. Rather, answer the question you wish you had been asked.

- Robert S. McNamara - quoted in "Fog of War" -
by rickseiden » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm
Burngate wrote:It depends where in the world you are.

UK, you've got Maplins, CPC, Tandy, ...
US, MCM ...

Update your profile with a location, then people will rush to help :)

I'll check out MCM. I've added Buffalo, NY, USA to my profile. Good point on that! Thanks.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
by repton » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 am
Have a look on eBay, there's not a lot you can't get on there these days. I just got a load of 2x5way header sockets for a RasPi related project off there for pennies.

Paul
UK Supplier of 1-Wire components, kits and modules:
http://www.sheepwalkelectronics.co.uk/
by rickseiden » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am
repton wrote:Have a look on eBay, there's not a lot you can't get on there these days. I just got a load of 2x5way header sockets for a RasPi related project off there for pennies.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. eBay came through. Now I just have to wait the three weeks for free shipping from Asia. Hate that part.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
by johnbeetem » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm
I've always liked Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com). I've been ordering from them since their catalog was 4 pages long. No minimum order size for on-line orders, fast delivery.

They're based in Thief River Falls, Minnesota. I think it's near Frostbite Falls :-)