Djangopi project

3 posts
by phalt » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:07 am
Following on from a little one-click django installer I built (https://github.com/phalt/DjangoPi) I got a lot of attention and interest in helping to make this more universal and accessible.

So I've decided to start building an educational website focused on using Django on the raspberry pi.
The cool bit is - the website itself will run on a raspberry pi.

I'm not sure how many other websites are running on a raspberry pi yet (and I'm not talking about static servers with one page for demonstration) so this could be an interesting project.

If you'd like to help me build this site or help fund it head over to:

https://sponsorcraft.com/p/djangopi/

Where you can learn more about it (and watch a funny video of me talking)

Any questions, fire away!
by chrissowa » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 am
interesting project.

really looking forward because django seems to be very interesting but there are not too many tutorials for the latest version.
and doing this on a PI is even cooler

Maybe i can give some bucks....
by phalt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:58 pm
chrissowa wrote:interesting project.

really looking forward because django seems to be very interesting but there are not too many tutorials for the latest version.
and doing this on a PI is even cooler

Maybe i can give some bucks....

Hey Chrissowa, sorry to get back to you slowly.

Thanks for your kind words!

The project is going well, I've been talking to Plymouth and Bristol University about sponsorship for this project and I'll hopefully be talking about it at the Plymouth and Bristol Raspberry jams.

We're currently at £265 funding and it is very likely we'll get some donations from the universities, but even a small donation helps!

If you'd like to chat about this more, email me at paulandrewhallett@gmail.com