OpenELEC 4 Debian

77 posts   Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4
by Max » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm
Cool.Majkl wrote:No space left on device

No disk space left.
Either your SD card is too small, or you didn't resize the file system image after installing.

If you have Wheezy try: "sudo raspi-config" -> "expand_rootfs" if you have not done so earlier.
by Max » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 pm
mathewjenkinson wrote:i tried to install lirc but doesnt seem to have done anything. So I must be missing something somewhere.

Can you try the following in Debian before starting OpenELEC?

Code: Select all
sudo modprobe lirc_dev
sudo modprobe rc-lirc
sudo modprobe ir-lirc-codec
by Targettio » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:38 am
Cool.Majkl wrote:How I get this error all the time.
pi@raspberrypi:~/downloads$ sudo dpkg -i openelec_0.1_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 49414 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking openelec (from openelec_0.1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing openelec_0.1_armel.deb (--install):
 failed in write on buffer copy for backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/OpenELEC/usr/share/xbmc/language/Polish/strings.po': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 openelec_0.1_armel.deb

Does anybody know what could be the problem ? I quite new to Linux. Thanks for replies.

Your SD card is full.
by cslowik » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:53 am
I'm using a 16gb sd card. How do I access the rest of that for storage? I'm very new to linux =D Trying to search and find stuff but figured i'd post too. Thanks!
by charlesanjos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:21 am
I've tried this but after the sudo OpenELEC command the system begins to start OpenELEC, but then the screen goes black and nothing never appears again.

Also: i haven't a mouse connected at the time. It could influentiate?

Has someone else seen something like this?
by ghans » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:21 am
See the first post on this page (raspi-config).

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by cslowik » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 pm
ghans wrote:See the first post on this page (raspi-config).

ghans

ah cool, after going back and reading that, makes sense. i was tired last night apparently =]

by the way, i'm also having the black screen issue. installed everything fine under wheezy, but when i start openelec the screen just goes black.
by ammie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 pm
Greenstreet wrote:I have followed the instructions but when I try to start with typing sudo OpenELEC my monitor goes black and nothing else happens. :?:

Unfortunately I have the same issue?
by davy39 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:11 pm
Hi,
Thanks for this package. It works like a charm excepting that I can't succeed to close/restart OpenELEC...
Any idea ?
by Max » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:24 pm
ammie wrote:
Greenstreet wrote:I have followed the instructions but when I try to start with typing sudo OpenELEC my monitor goes black and nothing else happens. :?:

Does the standalone version of OpenELEC or RaspBMC does work for any of you that have the black screen problem?
by charlesanjos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm
Max wrote:
Does the standalone version of OpenELEC or RaspBMC does work for any of you that have the black screen problem?

Yes, using OpenELEC standalone without any problems. Tried to use this 4 Debian because i had a problem with the standalone, but I ran into the black screen problem.

Now that i've solved the standalone problem, switched to that, works flawlessly.
by cslowik » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm
Max wrote:
ammie wrote:

yup, the first distro i installed was straight OpenELEC for RaspPi. I couldnt get my touchscreen drivers to work so I figured I'd try getting them installed on wheezy and then run Openelec from there. Neither has happened yet lol =]
by mathewjenkinson » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:41 am
Touchscreen? What are you building? :)
"
yup, the first distro i installed was straight OpenELEC for RaspPi. I couldnt get my touchscreen drivers to work so I figured I'd try getting them installed on wheezy and then run Openelec from there. Neither has happened yet lol =] "
by cslowik » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 pm
in-dash media center pc. =]

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9686
by Max » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 pm
Noticed that the wrong memory split can also result in a black screen on startup.

So make sure you did:

sudo cp /boot/arm128_start.elf /boot/start.elf
sudo reboot
by ukgaz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 am
Great bit of software this package, worked effortlessly, however have one slight snag, The screen keeps overspilling, I reset it to it's correct settings, then when I reboot the pi the settings are off again, do I need to set these in the config file?
by Max » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm
ukgaz wrote:Great bit of software this package, worked effortlessly, however have one slight snag, The screen keeps overspilling, I reset it to it's correct settings, then when I reboot the pi the settings are off again, do I need to set these in the config file?

Try updating the firmware to the latest version.
by ammie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:59 am
My monitor goes black to and nothing else happens, I followed the instructions as well, does someone have a idea?
by ukgaz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 am
Hi,

Gave it a try updating with sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get upgrade, rebooted and still no luck.
by Max » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 pm
ukgaz wrote:Gave it a try updating with sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get upgrade, rebooted and still no luck.

Doesn't update the firmware (at least not to the latest version)
Either get the files from Raspberry git manually, or use Hexxeh's tool: https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update
by Nr90 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:25 pm
Thank you very much for this.
Installed this and worked straight away (on fairly standard wheezy).
Even the CEC worked!
by cslowik » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm
i cant get this firmware update to work, been trying to use the tool but it says i need git installed. when i try to do that i get a 404 not found error, tried:
apt-get install git-core

any ideas?
by Max » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm
cslowik wrote:i cant get this firmware update to work, been trying to use the tool but it says i need git installed. when i try to do that i get a 404 not found error

Try "sudo apt-get update" first.
This updates the list of available software.

The version of git the system tried to download is probably replaced by a newer version, hence the 404.
by cubii » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm
Thanks for this!
for testing purposes really helpfull.

2 things dont work here:
Shutdown inside xbmc --> system freezes.
And not all commands with my remote of my samsung tv are working inside xbmc, but that it even works with arrows and ok keys is impressing
by masterluke » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm
ukgaz wrote:Great bit of software this package, worked effortlessly, however have one slight snag, The screen keeps overspilling, I reset it to it's correct settings, then when I reboot the pi the settings are off again, do I need to set these in the config file?

I have the same problem in standalone openelec so I dont think this is specific to OpenELEC 4 Debian.

Running on raspbian here.

Same freeze on shutdown here too.

Can this be updated to more recent openelecs? Any thoughts on how?