OpenELEC Testbuilds

766 posts   Page 15 of 31   1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31
by ayecapn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 pm
OpenElec running 06-23-2012 r11410

Hooked it up to my monitor at work to see if it would boot, and it does fine.

Does not open DVD .ISO backup files, but at this point I haven't seen if it was ever supposed to be able to do that at this point.

I'll be testing it out on my older Sony rear-projection TV tonight so the kids can watch some Ponies.

Yeah... the kids...
"I'm going to be spending too much time and money with this stupid thing" - me
by rob_brum » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 pm
How do I config it for wireless? It works fine via Ethernet but I really need to config it for wireless. (I know ideally it should be hard wired).

Rob
by dom » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:31 pm
b0x wrote:My receiver is a bit old (pre-hdmi) so I hook all the hdmi devices to the tv and then use an optical audio cable to run to the receiver. Works well as I never have to change the receiver - it is set to tv and auto adjusts to whatever the sound type is. Apparently something is getting lost in translation on this feature with the pi however. Everything was in PCM, the menu sounds were detected as PCM 44.1 and all movies, no matter the audio type, came through as PCM 48 (stereo). Never had an issues passing audio this way in the past with any devices so guessing issue lies with the pi itself. Anyone else have a similar setup?

Yep:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7167&p=103960&hilit=hdmi_force_edid_audio#p103960
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by dom » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:37 pm
lefizz wrote:My main issue is that when playing back hd .mkvs , will check what codecs but seems all files are played are the same, the screen goes blank every couple of minutes. weirdly it will then go ages fine and then the picture and sound drop out totally ( screen goes blank). Then when it reappears the Tv (samsung middle level 47" LCD from last year) show the res and refresh.
Almost looks like an issue i had with HDMI handshaking on an older LCD tv 5 years ago with the PS3.

Could be a HDMI signal strength issue. Look into config_hdmi_boost here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting# ... VI_monitor
by b0x » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 pm
dom wrote:
b0x wrote:My receiver is a bit old (pre-hdmi) so I hook all the hdmi devices to the tv and then use an optical audio cable to run to the receiver. Works well as I never have to change the receiver - it is set to tv and auto adjusts to whatever the sound type is. Apparently something is getting lost in translation on this feature with the pi however. Everything was in PCM, the menu sounds were detected as PCM 44.1 and all movies, no matter the audio type, came through as PCM 48 (stereo). Never had an issues passing audio this way in the past with any devices so guessing issue lies with the pi itself. Anyone else have a similar setup?

Yep:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7167&p=103960&hilit=hdmi_force_edid_audio#p103960

ok that got surround working on the ac3 videos... dts still seems to be an issue for me. receiver says it handles dts, but when pass-through on it gives me nothing at the receiver.

Sony STR-DE897
by milhouse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 pm
dom wrote:
lefizz wrote:Could be a HDMI signal strength issue. Look into config_hdmi_boost here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting# ... VI_monitor

I tried turning it all the way up to 7 but still I get regular blanking (what looks like a handshake issue - LG IPS225 monitor), but only with certain types of material - SD is never a problem, but 720/1080 HD is (but not all HD - some plays fine). Very weird.
by mactalla » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 pm
b0x wrote:ok that got surround working on the ac3 videos... dts still seems to be an issue for me. receiver says it handles dts, but when pass-through on it gives me nothing at the receiver.

Sony STR-DE897

Can you get a DTS signal from any other source? (say, from your DVD player?)

This is to ensure your TV isn't stopping the audio because it doesn't understand the signal.
by b0x » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 pm
mactalla wrote:
b0x wrote:ok that got surround working on the ac3 videos... dts still seems to be an issue for me. receiver says it handles dts, but when pass-through on it gives me nothing at the receiver.

Sony STR-DE897

This is to ensure your TV isn't stopping the audio because it doesn't understand the signal.

I have to go to work atm, but I'll see what I can come up with later tonight.
by tbar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 am
milhouse wrote:Still major problems with NFS in r11392, with NFS often failing to stat the remote share. Maybe 1 boot in 3 will result in NFS working as expected. NFS problems also reported in Raspbmc, so most likely a core XBMC issue.

Over at raspbmc they have issues as well regarding NFS. The issue seems to be present only when mounting from within XBMC. Mounting using /etc/fstab seems to remedy the situation: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php ... 36#pid6036
by podly » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:17 am
tbar wrote:
milhouse wrote:Still major problems with NFS in r11392, with NFS often failing to stat the remote share. Maybe 1 boot in 3 will result in NFS working as expected. NFS problems also reported in Raspbmc, so most likely a core XBMC issue.

Over at raspbmc they have issues as well regarding NFS. The issue seems to be present only when mounting from within XBMC. Mounting using /etc/fstab seems to remedy the situation: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php ... 36#pid6036

What NFS server are you using?
NFS in Raspbmc is just broken and only accessible via shell and mount. In OpenELEC r11392 and later (r11414 now) I have no problems with NFS at all [linux server with nfs-kernel-server] - I use it for music and video as my only source for RPi.
by milhouse » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:56 am
podly wrote:What NFS server are you using?
NFS in Raspbmc is just broken and only accessible via shell and mount. In OpenELEC r11392 and later (r11414 now) I have no problems with NFS at all [linux server with nfs-kernel-server] - I use it for music and video as my only source for RPi.

FreeNAS 8.0.2/FreeBSD 8, 64-bit (HP N36L).

Raspbmc recently fixed the NFS problems they were having with a test build of libnfs1.0.3- I've tested this patch and NFS is now working fine in Raspbmc RC3.

However in OpenELEC, NFS will fail more often than not - I can boot OpenELEC and two times out of every three NFS will fail right off the bat (as soon as you try to access the NFS share, that is) - but on the rare occasion when it does work, NFS is pretty much faultless. I didn't have any problems with OpenELEC R-Pi accessing the NFS shares on my NAS until shortly after the time when XBMC switched to a new version of libnfs - bit too much of a coincidence to ignore, that one! :)

I also run an x86 version of OpenELEC v1.2 that continues to access my NFS shares without any problem. I was on IRC yesterday and it's not just me with OpenELEC/R-Pi/NFS issues, though I don't know what NAS others are using.
by Daz555 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am
I have noticed that DLNA no longer works on the newer builds (tried back as far as 11315 for example). I can no longer send video or photo from my Desire HD to Rpi without causing it to lock up requiring the power to be pulled.

I have gone back to 11203 which seems very stable for me.
by arun » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 pm
Has anyone noticed something about streaming things from the internet on Raspberry Pi? Since around 11410 it is not working any longer.

Any ideas on that??

Video is just flickering and sound comes like that ...s....o....u....n.........d :mrgreen:
by b0x » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:56 pm
b0x wrote:
mactalla wrote:

Sony STR-DE897

I have to go to work atm, but I'll see what I can come up with later tonight.

ok... finally found a dvd with dts that I could set via the audio menu options, as my son threw away or perhaps recycled the dvd remote about a week after we got the new dvd player. HDMI to TV, optical to receiver - Nothing. Had another idea... hooked the optical to the dvd player and wala it works! Doesn't help me much with the pi at this point, but nice to know the receiver is working.

Now off to see if there's a firmware update for my tv... doubtful.
by b0x » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm
chatting with samsung "tech" support... said the same thing... going on... 3 or is four times now? He just told me that only samsung devices work with anynet+. Had to correct that. Not having high hopes here.
by b0x » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 pm
Well it's not a "feature" of the tv to pass dts... and no I can't have a firmware fix for that. Thanks Samsung.
by mactalla » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 pm
b0x wrote:Well it's not a "feature" of the tv to pass dts... and no I can't have a firmware fix for that. Thanks Samsung.

Mental note: skip Samsung for my next TV purchase.

I guess your options are
1. Get a USB-optical soundcard and use that for your audio out and feed straight to your receiver. Don't know if anything special is needed in openelec for that or not.
2. Re-encode your dts files to ac3.
by b0x » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 pm
mactalla wrote:
b0x wrote:Well it's not a "feature" of the tv to pass dts... and no I can't have a firmware fix for that. Thanks Samsung.

Mental note: skip Samsung for my next TV purchase.

I guess your options are
1. Get a USB-optical soundcard and use that for your audio out and feed straight to your receiver. Don't know if anything special is needed in openelec for that or not.
2. Re-encode your dts files to ac3.

option 3, hdmi switch with tos output
option 4, which i like the best as most forward looking - newer receiver with hdmi and other features.
by ayecapn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 pm
b0x wrote:option 4, which i like the best as most forward looking - newer receiver with hdmi and other features.
I know that feel, bro...

"Hoooonnneeeyyy!!! But we NEED it!"

<insert unhappy wife stare of death here>
"I'm going to be spending too much time and money with this stupid thing" - me
by b0x » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:52 pm
ayecapn wrote:
b0x wrote:option 4, which i like the best as most forward looking - newer receiver with hdmi and other features.
I know that feel, bro...

"Hoooonnneeeyyy!!! But we NEED it!"

<insert unhappy wife stare of death here>

she "needs" a nexus tablet apparently. see who wins out.
by gdekoning » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 am
Loving OpenElec on the RPi!

Just wanted to note that .mp4 files do not play for me on the latest test build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20120623232506-r11392) whereas they do work on Raspbmc. When I try to load one it just keeps loading, but nothing happens and I eventually have to turn my Pi on and off.

I am trying to play the files over a NFS connection.

edit:

Just updated to OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20120628211407-r11437 and still no luck :/

Anyone else have the same problem?
by skooby » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:48 pm
Hi all,

Just installed openelec latest build and have it running fine (not fully tested). I notice there are hd audio options for bitsream to capable receiver. Unfortunately my kids are hogging my surround sound system just now, so can anyone confirm whether hd audio is working or not please.

Thanks

Skooby
by humla » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 pm
gdekoning wrote:Loving OpenElec on the RPi!

Just wanted to note that .mp4 files do not play for me on the latest test build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20120623232506-r11392) whereas they do work on Raspbmc. When I try to load one it just keeps loading, but nothing happens and I eventually have to turn my Pi on and off.

I am trying to play the files over a NFS connection.

edit:

Just updated to OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20120628211407-r11437 and still no luck :/

Anyone else have the same problem?

Since the introduction of alsa in r11392, video playback has been hampered, it should be fixed soon, but reverting to r11315 should give smooth playback(although no menu sounds).
by Maylot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm
hi everyone, i've tried openelec r11440 with a sandisk class 10 extreme, model sdsdx-008g-x46 and doesn't boot, any suggestion? thanks
by sparky0815 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:15 pm
r11452 files available

http://sparky0815.de

:geek:
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator