OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)


1233 posts   Page 41 of 50   1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 50
by onetootreefor » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:10 pm
smuggly wrote:I just tried the 2gb build from sparky0815 link above seems better than mine on a slow X133 card! Gonna Try The 4GB Next. Is There Anything in linux GUI to write Img with? I tried imagswriter (Ubuntu) But Its not gettin It!

PS Addons Gave me Something about disabling bcuz theyre where errors!



just open up terminal and typ "dd if=/path/to/img.img of=/dev/sd*"

*= you sdcard reader
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am
by smuggly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 pm
I ve Been Leary Of dd But I Will Give it a try/ The 4 GB Img No Go. I Think The class 4 card i have is the problem!. Smuggly
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by milhouse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:41 pm
sraue wrote:why not unpack the build you found at http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-rpi/ and copy the content of the target/ folder to the "Update" samba share like http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title ... g_OpenELEC ? the bootloader files you find in the 3rdparty/bootloader folder. in this way you dont loose settings and content and thats the official OpenELEC update method.


Exactly what I do with your builds, but I was actually suggesting those producing their own "full partition" builds might want to try shipping the binaries separately from the 2GB/4GB/etc images. If you want to initialise an SD card then sure, use one of those images (pretty much any of them should do, even an old image since the ext4 partition doesn't really change from one build to the next), but subsequent to that you only need the binaries (which as you say, can be dropped into the Samba "Update" directory).
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:59 pm
by smuggly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:17 pm
OK i had problems w/ sparkys images only after resizing the storage partition on my 16 gb cards. on the 2 gb card it,s ok. im using it now its a bit faster than the 10710 i was using. Is there going to be a open elec "official img @ some point does anyone know? Thanks To sparky its a great bit of work!
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by wumpyr » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 am
wumpyr wrote:Trying to get that rpi-cecd hack working. My Samsung TV detects rpi as an anynet+ device, but no remote commands work. Have already enabled http on xbmc. When I run the rpi-cecd in the foreground, I get nothing when pressing buttons but looking at the source, it should be printf'ing.

just sits there:

Code: Select all
root /etc/init.d # rpi-cecd
logical_address: 0x8
physical_address: 0x2000
cec_callback: unknown event: reason=0x0001, len=0x04, retval=0x00, param1=0x0020828f, param2=0x00000000, param3=0x00000000, param4=0x00000000


Thanks sraue for changing rpi-cecd to log to /var/log. Some commands from my stock samsung remote seem to work, i.e. up, down, enter but others don't work such as play, fast forward etc. and just then input stopped working and i had to reboot to get CEC events to work again.

Anyway, those key presses such as play don't make it to the rpi. ok fine, not sure why, may be samsung specific.

I have a logitech harmony one remote I want to reconfigure for rpi-cec. What codes am I meant to be programming in for xbmc? are there special codes/set that is passed over CEC?
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:59 am
by Paul Webster » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:56 am
The way that I understand it to work is that the CEC commands that are passed over HDMI are defined by the HDMI spec (there might be ways to extend it to include additional ones but it should not be necessary).
rpi-cecd logs commands that it receives that it does not recognise (that is how I found 2 keys on my Sony remote/TV that were not handled .. and the author added them into a new build of rpi-cecd.
The Play, Pause and Stop buttons do work on mine (along with the cursors, OK, return/back, info and I think one other that I can't remember).
The code that is sent from the remote to the TV has to be recognised by the TV - and the TV then converts it to send the matching function code via the standard HDMI CEC interface.

Perhaps, (and I've not yet checked this in the standard) the TV can check the capabilities of the connected device ... and if it does not return some magic setting then it decides that there is no point in sending it transport controls (such as Play/Pause/Stop/FF/RW).
User avatar
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 am
Location: London, UK
by sparky0815 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 am
good morning all :)

i have uploaded new images (r11273).
check http://sparky0815.de/ ;)

have a nice sunday ;)

greetings :geek:
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: Germany
by dom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 am
wumpyr wrote:Anyway, those key presses such as play don't make it to the rpi. ok fine, not sure why, may be samsung specific.


I had similar problem with Panasonic and reported the fix here:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/801

Now TV remote is working well on Panasonic / Viera Link.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm
Location: Cambridge
by jasjeet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 am
dom wrote:
wumpyr wrote:Anyway, those key presses such as play don't make it to the rpi. ok fine, not sure why, may be samsung specific.


I had similar problem with Panasonic and reported the fix here:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/801

Now TV remote is working well on Panasonic / Viera Link.


Does this mean if i enable HDMI Control on my Pioneer 4280XD TV i can use my TV remote buttons to control OpenELEC?
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 pm
by smuggly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:02 pm
milhouse wrote:
sraue wrote:why not unpack the build you found at http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-rpi/ and copy the content of the target/ folder to the "Update" samba share like http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title ... g_OpenELEC ? the bootloader files you find in the 3rdparty/bootloader folder. in this way you dont loose settings and content and thats the official OpenELEC update method.


Exactly what I do with your builds, but I was actually suggesting those producing their own "full partition" builds might want to try shipping the binaries separately from the 2GB/4GB/etc images. If you want to initialise an SD card then sure, use one of those images (pretty much any of them should do, even an old image since the ext4 partition doesn't really change from one build to the next), but subsequent to that you only need the binaries (which as you say, can be dropped into the Samba "Update" directory).



I could not find a update folder on my img while it was running? Thanks smuggly
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by smuggly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm
sparky0815 wrote:good morning all :)

i have uploaded new images (r11273).
check http://sparky0815.de/ ;)

have a nice sunday ;)

greetings :geek:



OK I will try some more thank you! I had problems after resizing the storage partition on yours. Every other its been ok?
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by smuggly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:05 pm
OK I tried the 2GB img No luck i get a disk error mck..... It works on the 2gb img from yesterday though? smuggly
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by mcscruff » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 pm
Does anyone know the default ssh user name and password - pi / raspberry dont seem to work
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 pm
by sraue » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm
mcscruff wrote:Does anyone know the default ssh user name and password - pi / raspberry dont seem to work


http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title ... #SSH_Login
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
by sparky0815 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm
mcscruff wrote:Does anyone know the default ssh user name and password - pi / raspberry dont seem to work


user: root
pw: openelec
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: Germany
by smuggly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 pm
Or open elec both
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by sparky0815 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm
new images uploaded => build r11286

size => 1,1GB / 2GB / 4GB

check http://sparky0815.de

:geek:
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: Germany
by smuggly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 am
sraue wrote:Hi all,

i have spent the last days to optimize our builds. Please upgrade, test and report back:

http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/op ... 60.tar.bz2

  • if your builds are to old plese update your bootloaderfiles with the files from 3rdparty/bootloader folder
  • to create a new sdcard under linux run:
    Code: Select all
    sudo ./create_sdcard /dev/sdb

    (insert your sd device)
    or
    Code: Select all
    sudo ./create_sdcard /dev/mmcblk0

    (insert your sd device)

with this build you should
  • get a faster boottime (here around 20sec instead 35sec)
  • python addons in xbmc should start a lot faster

many thanks

Stephan


Will This Script Create Partitions.or do i need to partition first? I Just used it and my partitions seem different than the others (Running The Latest Build June 10th) Also On First Boot Do Partitions Get Altered? Thanks Smuggly

Sorry about noob questions!
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by smuggly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm
Everytime i use this script i get a disk error om mck.... system halted? smuggly
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by keenan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm
On earlier builds I could run my Pi quite happily at 900mhz, but now with current builds including r11286 I'm more or less stuck at stock speeds!

The slightest overclock freezes the display at boot with a rainbow color effect on the screen..

Is there any reason why this is happening?
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 pm
by dom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm
keenan wrote:On earlier builds I could run my Pi quite happily at 900mhz, but now with current builds including r11286 I'm more or less stuck at stock speeds!

The slightest overclock freezes the display at boot with a rainbow color effect on the screen..

Is there any reason why this is happening?


Not that I know of. Look here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ... /start.elf

You can download and replace the main firmware (start.elf) with different versions. Does overclock start working again with an older start.elf?
If so, I might be able to investigate what changed.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm
Location: Cambridge
by jasjeet » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 pm
dom wrote:
keenan wrote:On earlier builds I could run my Pi quite happily at 900mhz, but now with current builds including r11286 I'm more or less stuck at stock speeds!

The slightest overclock freezes the display at boot with a rainbow color effect on the screen..

Is there any reason why this is happening?


Not that I know of. Look here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ... /start.elf

You can download and replace the main firmware (start.elf) with different versions. Does overclock start working again with an older start.elf?
If so, I might be able to investigate what changed.



I had same problem see my post
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=94898#p94898

I updated to the new build yesterday and the problem went away.
I did a full format of the SD Card, and reinstalled all the files and config files. Then it was ok.
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 pm
by smuggly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:40 pm
I Have The Same Prob. But Mine Works On A 2gb Card But Wont On A 16 gb card Same Thing On Boot Screen? smuggly
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm
by Hofie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 pm
I got a 32GB class 10 SD card. No problems with the latest Image from http://sparky0815.de -> THANKS

I have some trouble with the WIFI. Is it possible to create a Image with some WIFI drivers included?
Let's say we include the top 5 drivers for WIFI. So that the right WIFI adapter works out of the box?
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm
by sparky0815 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 pm
check http://sparky0815.de

new images available (build r11290)

:ugeek:
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: Germany