How to disable nightly build Raspbmc

8 posts
by Thijxx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Hi all,

XBMC (Raspbmc) suddenly didn't scrape for movie/tv information anymore. After a lot of Googling I tried to install a Nightly Build, big mistake.

The Pi is in a boot loop now, I only see the extremely annoying "Relax, ..." message.

I'm looking for a way to disable the nightly build, I know there is a command for it. Using Google didn't help, the XBMC forum is no help at all, the Raspbmc forum contains nothing about Nightly or Boot Loop and useful XBMC documentation is, uhm, missing.

How do I disable the Nightly Build using the command line?

- Thijs
Mimi: Where'd you come from?
Doyle: My mom and the authorities are still trying to figure that out.
by drgeoff » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Been there, done that. :(

The solution is on the front page at www.raspbmc.com:

"If you have any issues, such as a ‘relax’ loop, you can revert this via SSH or keyboard with the following command

rm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
".
by Thijxx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm
drgeoff wrote:Been there, done that. :(

The solution is on the front page at http://www.raspbmc.com:

"If you have any issues, such as a ‘relax’ loop, you can revert this via SSH or keyboard with the following command

".

Thanks for the quick reply!

The file is not there. Also no SSH possible. Maybe it's in some sort of safe operating mode?
by drgeoff » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:05 pm
Thijxx wrote:

".

The file is not there. Also no SSH possible. Maybe it's in some sort of safe operating mode?

I expect the file is there. The "." at the beginning of the file name means it is a hidden file. You use a command such as 'ls -a' to see it.

I think (not absolutely certain) that I plugged the SD card into another Linux PC when I needed to remove that file.
by Thijxx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm
drgeoff wrote:
Thijxx wrote:

".

I expect the file is there. The "." at the beginning of the file name means it is a hidden file. You use a command such as 'ls -a' to see it.

I think (not absolutely certain) that I plugged the SD card into another Linux PC when I needed to remove that file.

Yes, using an other machine I deleted the file from the Pi and booting now succeeded. Thanks a lot drgeoff! Now back to fixing the "Unable to connect to remote server".
by Dunkit » Thu May 16, 2013 12:30 pm
Hi.

I have the same issue. Ran into the "relax loop". Dont know why... My Pi had a little hickup after I tried to mount my personal folder from my Windows PC... However, now it's stuck in the relax loop. I can ssh it but nothing I found on the internet so far worked out for me.

Any Tips?
by stevepork » Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 am
I dont know what is happening but it seems like the download is comprimised. For ease I would just re-install.

Hope this helps, :ugeek:
by Dunkit » Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 am
Thanks. I already did that . it's just kind of frustrating having to start from the very beginning every now and then... This time I wrote myself a pi_setup script with the things I need... But it's still gonna be some work when it crashes next time. :oops: