SqueezePlug Version 6 available

542 posts   Page 10 of 22   1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22
by truehl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:25 pm
antonholmstedt wrote:Hi Truehl,

Just wanted to let you know that I got Squeezeplug SF working with Berryboot :)

But since the HF spotify version is out, I will try with that one now instead.

Hi Anton,
I very much interessted in this. Till now I had no time to check this out but I would like to know how you did it exactly. The founder of Berryboot offerd me to integrate SqueezePlug when I place a package on my website. HF would be fine!
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de
by rblockmon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm
Can I use squeezeplug to stream music to my mobile device via 4g/LTE? I have iOS6
by truehl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 pm
rblockmon wrote:Can I use squeezeplug to stream music to my mobile device via 4g/LTE? I have iOS6

Yes! You should use iPeng on your iOS device. iPeng has an integrated player. You have to open one port (3483) on your firewall / router. You also will need DynDNS to have a way in your local network!

That works absolutely great!
truehl
by talladega » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 am
I got my raspberry pi set up with Squeezeplug and installed LMS and SqueezeLite on it and it is fantastic. My plan is to eventually get some more of these and use them as little music players around the house. I'll build some amps and speakers to go with them.

However I am having an issue with it. I am not sure what is causing it though either.

When I first set it up I installed LMS on my WHS 2011 Server, and just had SqueezeLite streaming from that. Worked great at first until the music kept dropping out for a minute or so every once in a while. So I put LMS on the RaspberryPi thinking that might fix it. Still happened. I tried LAN vs WiFi. Still did it.

I copied some music from my server to my desktop PC and ran LMS on there. Ran it for a whole evening with no issues.

One thing that I noticed is that when the music would drop connection to the server share, it would also drop connection from my desktop to the server. However, I could still ping the server while this was happening.

I looked in the logs of LMS and this seems to show up every time it gets disconnected.

[13-01-23 07:20:46.7067] Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (146) Unable to get players: Connect timed out:
[13-01-23 07:20:47.6555] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x5d6b900)

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
by truehl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 am
talladega wrote:One thing that I noticed is that when the music would drop connection to the server share, it would also drop connection from my desktop to the server. However, I could still ping the server while this was happening.

I did not saw this before. Which version of SqueezePlug do you use? Do you use Soft- or Hard-Float? Please try to update SqueezeLite to the latest version. Please try to increase the SqueezeLite buffer size (all from my setup scripts). And at last, you could try SqueezeSlave to see if this is running without gaps. Please report back the result!
truehl
by talladega » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Latest version of SqueezePlug HF. All updated. Expanded RootFS. Updated Debian and SqueezeLite.

Where do I increase the buffer size? I don't think I have ever seen that option before.

I just find it strange that it does this when its streaming the music from my server and not my desktop. Almost makes me think there is something wrong with my server, but I have never had issues like this before with streaming music or movies for hours on end so it must be something related to SqueezePlug.
by truehl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 pm
talladega wrote:Where do I increase the buffer size? I don't think I have ever seen that option before.

From the setup menue under SqueezeLite!
truehl
by talladega » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm
truehl wrote:
talladega wrote:Where do I increase the buffer size? I don't think I have ever seen that option before.

From the setup menue under SqueezeLite!

Found it! Thanks. Didn't realize there was a submenu there. Took me a while to figure out I had to use space to select the right option as well :)
I ended up reinstalling SqueezeLite anyways as the mac address was showing all 0's and couldnt change the buffer. I have had music playing for the last 2 hours without trouble. It seems most of the issues happened in the evening so we will see what happens.

What is the command to stop squeezelite if i connect via putty, incase I need to ever make changes to settings?
by tlipur » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 am
Updated to latest release and still no wifi. In v5 it finds and automatically downloads the drivers. How can i fix this issue?
by talladega » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 am
I've been playing music non stop for 12 hours. No connection drops!

Thanks for the help.

I think I set the buffer to 300:4 or something. What does the buffer really do? Is there any reason why someone would want to have it set lower? I do plan to eventually have 2 or 3 of these things playing and at times to have them all synchronized would be cool, if possible.
by truehl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 am
tlipur wrote:Updated to latest release and still no wifi. In v5 it finds and automatically downloads the drivers. How can i fix this issue?

Please tell me the exact type of the WiFi dongle!
truehl
by truehl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 am
talladega wrote:I've been playing music non stop for 12 hours. No connection drops!

Thanks for the help.

I think I set the buffer to 300:4 or something. What does the buffer really do? Is there any reason why someone would want to have it set lower? I do plan to eventually have 2 or 3 of these things playing and at times to have them all synchronized would be cool, if possible.

Good news! The buffer buffers :roll: and if a stream is not continuous the player reconnects. There can be effects in synchronization. The higher the buffer size, the higher the risk that different player run out of sync. You should try it yourself. Maybe a small buffer size and the same on every device will work!?
truehl
by .helge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am
truehl wrote:
tlipur wrote:Updated to latest release and still no wifi. In v5 it finds and automatically downloads the drivers. How can i fix this issue?

I also cannot get my WiFi Dongle to work (Edimax 7811) I checked
Code: Select all
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
and everythings looks ok. /var/log/sysconfig shows that the dongle is "alive" upon boot:
usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=7392, idProduct=7811
usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-1.2: Product: 802.11n WLAN Adapter
usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
I set my Pi up with the setup script and activated the option Lan and Wlan. I also tried Wlan only. Same Thing.
I cannot use/ try the GUI to set up WiFi because I don't have a monitor :cry:

Any Ideas? If can help to investigate (look into more logs etc.) let me know.

Helge
by truehl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 am
.helge wrote:
truehl wrote:

I also cannot get my WiFi Dongle to work (Edimax 7811) I checked
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
and everythings looks ok. /var/log/sysconfig shows that the dongle is "alive" upon boot:
usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=7392, idProduct=7811
usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-1.2: Product: 802.11n WLAN Adapter
usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
I set my Pi up with the setup script and activated the option Lan and Wlan. I also tried Wlan only. Same Thing.
I cannot use/ try the GUI to set up WiFi because I don't have a monitor :cry:

Any Ideas? If can help to investigate (look into more logs etc.) let me know.

Helge

Could you please send me the output from "ifconfig"
truehl
by tom-pi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 pm
I had problems setting up the 8711, ended up using the GUI.

I've just set up a second pi, without going into the GUI, and compared the wpa_suplicant.conf files.

What I found is that the working pi had "proto=WPA", and the non-working "proto=RSN".

Changing the non-working to "proto=WPA", reboot, and all is good.

Tom
by .helge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm
tom-pi wrote:I had problems setting up the 8711, ended up using the GUI.

I've just set up a second pi, without going into the GUI, and compared the wpa_suplicant.conf files.

What I found is that the working pi had "proto=WPA", and the non-working "proto=RSN".

Changing the non-working to "proto=WPA", reboot, and all is good.

Tom

Since I am using WPA2 i!have to leave it @ RSN according to WPA documentation.
my config (withFritz!Box 7390):
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
network={
        ssid="hierundjetzt"
        psk="passwordisnogood"
        proto=WPA2
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP WEP104 WEP40
        auth_alg=OPEN
}
My Dongle works fine with my laptop running W7 (therefore no HW defect).
by mkkyah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 pm
Hi,
I have installed Squeezeplug and Squeezelite on my Pi and almost everything was perfect without an USB audio card.
After purchasing Sound Blaster Play I tried to setup and use it. Tried several reboots, reinstalls etc.
Squeezelite is not recognized by my LMS (on NAS) if I want to use SB Play. Test Audio from setup is working. I choose PCM2704(tried others too), USB card is on devices list but no Squeezelite player appears on LMS.
I have also installed Squeezeslave to check and it works well. Squeezeslave is recognized right after installation, played well through SB Play with PCM2704 setup. But I prefer Squeezelite, because of sync and gapless performance on my system.
Any help?
by tom-pi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:28 pm
I had the problem with LMS not seeing my Squeezelite players, resolved the problem by adding the following to "/etc/rc.local" before the line "mount -a"

/etc/init.d/squeezelite stop
/usr/bin/squeezelite &

and now they work every time.

Tom
by truehl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:32 pm
tom-pi wrote:I had the problem with LMS not seeing my Squeezelite players, resolved the problem by adding the following to "/etc/rc.local" before the line "mount -a"

/usr/bin/squeezelite &

and now they work every time.

Tom

Hmm, sounds a bit strange! The init script is made to start SqueezLite. For me SqueezeLite starts every time at system starts and connects to the LMS server. Do you use autodiscovery for LMS? If yes, please hard code the LMS server in the SqueezeLite setup.

The other thing you could try is to place this in /etc/rc.loal:
sleep 10
/etc/init.d/squeezelite start

Please report back the result!
truehl
by truehl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm
mkkyah wrote:Hi,
I have installed Squeezeplug and Squeezelite on my Pi and almost everything was perfect without an USB audio card.
After purchasing Sound Blaster Play I tried to setup and use it. Tried several reboots, reinstalls etc.
Squeezelite is not recognized by my LMS (on NAS) if I want to use SB Play. Test Audio from setup is working. I choose PCM2704(tried others too), USB card is on devices list but no Squeezelite player appears on LMS.
I have also installed Squeezeslave to check and it works well. Squeezeslave is recognized right after installation, played well through SB Play with PCM2704 setup. But I prefer Squeezelite, because of sync and gapless performance on my system.
Any help?

Sorry, I have no experience with this sound card. Maybe we have to change the start option for SqueezeLite. If you like, we can make a Skype connection to see if we can figure it out.
truehl
by mkkyah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 pm
Dear tom-pi and truehl,
I have tried that rc.local stop/start solution. It's not working for this case. I believe squeezelite is working but interfering with something.

Truehl, I would like to have skype to solve this. I'll be available in a while. I have tried both autodiscovery and fixed LMS address, no difference.
by Scottish_Dave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 pm
Hi, quick question - I'm running latest squeezeplug (which is wonderful, thank you) and have installed shairport and it was working well. Then I installed LMS/squeezeslave and these also work well, but now airplay no longer works. Devices can connect but the stream will not play. Are shairport and LMS mutually exclusive ?
by mkkyah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 pm
mkkyah wrote:Dear tom-pi and truehl,
I have tried that rc.local stop/start solution. It's not working for this case. I believe squeezelite is working but interfering with something.

Update: I was wrong, when I do "top", squeezelite is not there.
by tlipur » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 am
im using Edimax 7811 and have wpa2 setup
by mkkyah » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm
mkkyah wrote:
mkkyah wrote:Dear tom-pi and truehl,

Update: I was wrong, when I do "top", squeezelite is not there.

Ok, Problem solved with Truehl's incredible support, thanks for making all this experience so simple for us.
If you have a "Creative Sound Blaster Play" usb audio card, this may help you too until Truehl adds official support:
- change SLOPTIONS line at the end of the /etc/default/squeezelite file to this: SLOPTIONS="-n PPP -o front:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0 " ( PPP is your player's name.)

- You can also do this during Squeezelite installation through setup menu. Setup asks you to open config, click yes and same file opens in editor, make the change there.

- probably you will need a reboot.

About SB PLay: Although I'm happy with the card, I was expecting more. Same speaker/dock sounds much better with iPhone+iPeng. I don't have any other card/DAC to compare, how are your experiences? BTW is there a chance to have an integrated EQ in Squeezeplug or Squeezelite?

Thanks again