XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

613 posts   Page 25 of 25   1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
by Draven68 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm
You mean you're new to "XBMC"

Here's the Wiki XBMC Users Manual ... Happy Reading ;)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/
by The_Reaper » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 am
Thank you very much for your help!
Now I can see the movies and series information (plot, covers, etc) but I have some problems playing videos and I don't know what the problem is.

If I sort files with "list" option I can play videos without problems.
However, if I sort the files with "Fanart" and other options, movies are not played correctly, the screen is black and there is no sound, but I can see the movie progress bar showing video playing time and video duration. I can pause, resume it but the screen is always black and there is no sound.

Do you think that It's a bug of XBMC or a configuration problem?
by Casty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 am
Casty wrote:Has anyone here got xboxdrv working with a wireless Xbox 360 Controller on an Xbian install? I've spent over 6 hours googling and reading every thread known to man and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. I'm desperate here for any guidance.

Where I'm at:

With a start command for xboxdrv in my rc.local, the xboxdrv will freeze at "ctrl+c to quit" unless I put a "&" at the end of the .sh line. However, if I do that, xboxdrv tries to initialize twice, once when it should, then another time right before it kicks into XBMC, thus removing the initialization. If anyone wants more specifics I'll be glad to help...

I don't want to make anyone upset responding to my own post, but just making sure it didn't get lost in the cracks. I'm trying to give a couple friends Pi Media Centers so this is a crucial feature. :)
by uglymonkey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:41 am
Have you tried running it from the .login file instead? I was having problems starting a wii remote and that did the trick
by Casty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:06 am
Nice, that will work great. Also works if you put it in the /etc/profile file as well! Thanks!
by Casty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 am
Casty wrote:Nice, that will work great. Also works if you put it in the /etc/profile file as well! Thanks!

Just to respond to myself here... this works, but Xbian launches before .profile or .login kicks in, so I had to add the line to start Xboxdrv into /etc/init.d/xbmc in the for loop for starting the daemon. I have a feeling this is a horrible spot for it, but I am not sure where else to put it.

Putting it in rc.local works too, but for some reason xboxdrv is launched twice and I don't like seeing an error message. ;)
by voltron81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am
Hello,

I'm having some problems with Xbian 1.0 alpha 4.
If I want to add a subtitle on a movie, I can't do it. Basically I'm going to the icon for subtitles, I can see that there are no subs provider yet, so I try to add some, but the application just close herself...

any suggestion?

Then sometimes happen that a movie that just 1 hour before was reproduced perfectly, now is just with audio!
by Pihkal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 pm
voltron81 wrote:Hello,

I'm having some problems with Xbian 1.0 alpha 4.
If I want to add a subtitle on a movie, I can't do it. Basically I'm going to the icon for subtitles, I can see that there are no subs provider yet, so I try to add some, but the application just close herself...

any suggestion?

Then sometimes happen that a movie that just 1 hour before was reproduced perfectly, now is just with audio!

Hi,check http://forum.xbian.org/thread-168-post-1498.html#pid1498 there are some bugfixes,maybe it can solve your problems.
by PeteTheJones » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 pm
Hi all, looking for some help.
Started tinkering with Xbian on a Raspberry Pi B recently and so far everything works as expected. I've managed to mount a shared folder on my Mac that contains all my films on the Pi and have been able to add that folder as a source for XBMC.

The problem I have is that following a system reboot of the Pi, the media source is no longer listed under Videos and I have to add it back in manually. I've checked that the mount still exists following the reboot and it does (I added the line to mount the shared folder to /etc/fstab) but I still have to manually add the source back in XBMC :(

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Pete
by Pihkal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm
This is a known and fixed issue.

From the bugfix-thread on the Xbian-forums:
(http://forum.xbian.org/thread-168-post-1498.html#pid1498)

#2 - Incorrect permission on sources.xml
Symptoms: XBMC not saving media sources.
Fix: SSH in and execute these commands:
Code: Select all
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc stop     #default password = 'raspberry'
sudo chown xbian:xbian .xbmc/userdata/sources.xml
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start
by PeteTheJones » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm
Pihkal wrote:This is a known and fixed issue.

From the bugfix-thread on the Xbian-forums:
(http://forum.xbian.org/thread-168-post-1498.html#pid1498)

#2 - Incorrect permission on sources.xml
Symptoms: XBMC not saving media sources.
Fix: SSH in and execute these commands:
Code: Select all
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc stop     #default password = 'raspberry'
sudo chown xbian:xbian .xbmc/userdata/sources.xml
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start

Ah thanks for that! I did have a look on the XBian site but must've missed that, much appreciated :)

Pete
by Pihkal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:07 pm
You're welcome.
Glad to help.
by pramod9964 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:01 am
MarkDavies wrote:Installed it on to a Sandisk 8GB card (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-8GB-Sec ... B000VUVA62), and it worked straight out of the box.
Works very well, just need to find a suitable wifi adapter (probably go for the Edimax) and then will be installing one these behind each of my TVs.
Also, installed XBMC remote contol on my Andriod phone and iPad so no need for keyboard and mouse attached to raspi. Even Airplay works (although only Video/Audio, not audio only)
Well impress, excellent job.

hi mark i know its been along time since your post
i just have one query

1)After you installed the xbian on SD card do you need keyboard or mouse for the initial setup i have an android phone will this suffice ?