Ruby OpenGL

3 posts
by LichP » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:49 pm
Hi everyone,

I finally got my Pi late last week - woo! After some initial playing around, I've been working on getting OpenGL working with Ruby, and have put together an initial implementation of Ruby FFI bindings to the Pi's OpenGL libraries, along with a port of the hello_triangle example. Good news is, it all seems to be working well so far: my hello_triangle.rb port is working as per the C version and happily rendering the spinning cube :-)

If you're interested check out the git repo:

https://github.com/LichP/raspi-opengl

--
Phil Stewart
by edg3 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 am
Thats quite nice of you to do! For my project I was debating between supporting multiple languages (Python/Ruby/Perl/etc) but was leaning towards Python (as I could use SDL), but with a working Ruby binding to the RPi OpenGL it is much more ideal (I enjoy using Ruby more).

Have you done full screen tests yet? Or has it just been a case of make the window the same size as the screen?
Ask me about my projects - @edg3za
by LichP » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:56 pm
The default behaviour is to use the system supplied width and height, although on the April debian image there's a bug where the system returns 1920x1080 irrespective of what the screen is doing. You can pass in explicit width and height options to get a full screen surface though.