QTonPI

16 posts
by fritzgoschPI » Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 pm
Did anyone get this working?
I did not :(

Is there a tutorial or something?
by Davespice » Sun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm
Yeah I have managed to get this working fine.
I followed the instructions on this page.

It's actually really nice, I started with a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. You build your code using Qt Creator on an x86 PC, deploy it over the network to your Pi (just using Build/Deploy All menu option) and when you press run/play - the Pi executes the program and runs it.

It's quite good. I think maybe QtonPi deserves to have it's own forum, as opposed to coming under 'Other languages'.
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
by scorp » Tue May 29, 2012 6:33 pm
I followed instructions on here and after running it have only white screen. It is worth to mention that I connected TV to RPi via RCA Video connector. I Googled and found that someone had the same result: http://www.brokentoaster.com/blog/?p=1187
by UAVChris » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 pm
Hi

I got QtonPi working on a composite TV - those who report that it doesn't work(white screen) just cant see it, I plugged in via HDMI and messed around with the QML until the text was visible in the top left corner of the HDMI image - connected up to the composite again and it displays fine through the composite output.

Rectangle {
width: 1880; height: 1080 <- edit rectangle size!
color: "black"

this worked for me in the hello-qtonpi example, its in main.qml. The white screen reports are just a visibility issue not a functional problem.

I ended up using Ubuntu 12.04 for the development environment - I had to install some 32 bit libraries, and some other required libraries wouldn't install on previous versions of Ubuntu .

BIG NOTE: the hello-qtonpi example uses QtQuick2.0 and the Qt Designer for QML files for QtQuick 2.0 has not been released yet to my knowledge. So no quick way to design forms yet as far as I can see. Hope its released soon :) - I did read somewhere that it is not being worked on at the moment but I'm not sure thats correct. Any clues on this anyone?

I've not been able to get a mouse working at all yet. So I'm trawling through this information to try and get it working.

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qt ... inter.html

Any help much appreciated!
by scorp » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 pm
UAVChris wrote:Hi

I got QtonPi working on a composite TV - those who report that it doesn't work(white screen) just cant see it, I plugged in via HDMI and messed around with the QML until the text was visible in the top left corner of the HDMI image - connected up to the composite again and it displays fine through the composite output.

Rectangle {
width: 1880; height: 1080 <- edit rectangle size!
color: "black"

this worked for me in the hello-qtonpi example, its in main.qml. The white screen reports are just a visibility issue not a functional problem.

I ended up using Ubuntu 12.04 for the development environment - I had to install some 32 bit libraries, and some other required libraries wouldn't install on previous versions of Ubuntu .

BIG NOTE: the hello-qtonpi example uses QtQuick2.0 and the Qt Designer for QML files for QtQuick 2.0 has not been released yet to my knowledge. So no quick way to design forms yet as far as I can see. Hope its released soon :) - I did read somewhere that it is not being worked on at the moment but I'm not sure thats correct. Any clues on this anyone?

I've not been able to get a mouse working at all yet. So I'm trawling through this information to try and get it working.

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qt ... inter.html

Any help much appreciated!

Chris,
Thanks for info. I decided myself to wait for v2.x which is promised on Qt web site to be released this summer. I hope all small bugs and incompatibility will be fixed as soon as they have boards in their hands.
by Pi-n-Mash » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 pm
[quote="Davespice"]Yeah I have managed to get this working fine.

I followed these instructions as well (after going down a blind alley with QT on Windows). I've installed the Qt5 build on an Ubuntu machine, but I can't get hello-qtonpi to run because libmpc.so.2 seems to be missing.

Anybody else had this problem or do I have to uninstall everything and start again?
by davev » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm
Pi-n-Mash wrote:
Davespice wrote:Yeah I have managed to get this working fine.

I followed these instructions as well (after going down a blind alley with QT on Windows). I've installed the Qt5 build on an Ubuntu machine, but I can't get hello-qtonpi to run because libmpc.so.2 seems to be missing.

Anybody else had this problem or do I have to uninstall everything and start again?

I ran into the same problem with a fresh build of ubuntu 64-bit
by davev » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 pm
Pi-n-Mash wrote:
Davespice wrote:Yeah I have managed to get this working fine.

I had the same problem. It is likely due to having a 64 bit build of ubuntu. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and fixed the problem by getting libmpc:

sudo apt-get install libmpc2:i386
by Pi-n-Mash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:23 pm
Thanks davev!
I've just got back to this, but I don't have a 64-bit build. However, I did
Code: Select all
apt-get install libmpc2
[without the :i386] and that seemed to work.
I then reran the build, which seemed to be fine, so thank you for getting me further.
I'm now stuck at the next stage, because build->deploy all seems to do nothing, even though I've reapplied the raspberry pi internet settings.
Copying the hello-qtonpi file by hand into /root/hello-qtonpi doesn't help either, but at least I'm stuck at a later stage :D
by nickon314 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm
I managed to get the hello_qtonpi example working too.

But, I had to modify the rectangle size as shown above.

Also, my system is Fedora 12.
I had to manually add libmpc using:
yum install libmpc
( as root ).

However, there is a problem with the mouse on this QtonPi. Others have commented that the USB mouse doesn't work, and it's the same for me too.

Regards

Nick
by dimky » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 am
Hello.

I'm trying to setup network connection on QtonPi as stated in instructions:
Upon booting and logging into your Raspberry Pi device as root, you’ll need to enable networking (which is disabled by default!). If you’ve DHCP setup, find out the ethernet interface of your Raspberry Pi device by doing ifconfig -a and run dhclient eth0 on that interface.

But bash says that 'ipconfig' command not found. Why so?
by markc » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 am
@dimky: ipconfig is not ifconfig. It's a Debian system so maybe this page will be helpful...

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/254
by dimky » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 am
Hey markc!

You right :oops: :oops: :lol: My inattention...
by markc » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 am
Woops, and I thought I was replying to the Raspbian thread. I think QtonPi is Fedora based.
by dimky » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Hey again!

Now I got second problem.
After installing everything by instructions I'm trying to open sample hello world project hello-qtonpi.pro but Qt says what no valid Qt version found. What to do?
by hellwalker » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:35 pm
Hi.

I have a problem running QtonPi. I made the SD card image and inserted it in the Pi but it didn't start up at all. No monitor, only the red light. The newest Debian image is working fine but QtonPi doesnt even boot.
I wanted the Qt image because I'm kind of new to linux and it's hard to install and configure everything separately.

Any ideas?

Thanks