Cross-compiling for 3.2.27 kernel

3 posts
by adammw » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:13 pm
I'm using the tools from the raspberrypi github page, specifically the arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi compilers, however the resulting binary ends up being (when read with the file command: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 3.3.4, not stripped) and when I try to execute the program, bash just says no such file or directory. Another executable from another source works, and when read with the file command reads: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 3.1.10, not stripped).
I'm on kernel version 3.2.27, so I'd assume that's why the 3.3.4 one doesn't work. Anyway around this, am I doing something wrong? Or are the crosscompilers designed for working with a newer kernel (and is such a kernel available)?

Thanks.
by schroeder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 am
There are to kernel types one uses hardfloat and one softfloat. They are not compatible !!! Use the softfloat gcc that is also included in raspberry tools.
by zia_7575 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:57 am
Hey ,

I am cross compiling the kernel. I followed this link http://mitchtech.net/raspberry-pi-kernel-compile/.
Kernel successfully built and run on the board. but it fails to load any module as mouse and keyboard stop responding. Please guide me through this...Thanks.

Regards,
Zia