Games?

9 posts
by ZacharyI123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:12 pm
Can you post a list of good games for raspberry pi and links/instructions? Are there any good RPGs for the pi? (Obviously I cannot expect graphics to be good)
Don't be mean, I'm only thirteen 8-)
by krate2000 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm
Issue 3 of the MagPi had a list of Pi compatible games:

http://issuu.com/themagpi/docs/the_magpi_issue_3_final?mode=window
My computing blog including Raspberry Pi: http://katescomputingcapers.wordpress.com/
by jamesh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:20 pm
ZacharyI123 wrote:Can you post a list of good games for raspberry pi and links/instructions? Are there any good RPGs for the pi? (Obviously I cannot expect graphics to be good)

Actually, you could expect the graphics to be good if the game is written to either the OpenVG or OpenGLES standards! If they don't things will be slower.
Soon to be employed engineer - Hurrah! Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at PiAcademy September 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by Liuqahs15 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm
On a related note, it'd be nice to gauge the interest of the community in playing some small (free) indie games written specifically for the Pi. As a hobbyist game programmer I'd be interested in writing some stuff, be it a 2D RPG, Action Platformer, or even some more basic stuff you'd use as a time waster like Solitaire or BlackJack. Is anyone interested in some small freeware games to try out on their Pi? It'd be great practice for me, and at the very least it'd be more open-source Pi code to learn from.
by Lexip » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 pm
@Liuqahs15 I'd LOVE it!
Been looking for some "Timewaster" type of applications, as I use my pi for playing media on the TV it would be nice being able to swap to a quick game :) Please do it!
by dan3008 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 pm
http://www.swingame.com/ has a pascal version that should work on the pi

But that said, I was thinking of writing a collection of python frameworks for writing games (sort of frameworks that use pygame but make it more user friendly) Anyone intrested in working on this with me? Unfortunaitally, I dont have much time to work on it, so progess will be slow
dan3008 wrote:Pays your money, takes your choice
by emcsquirreled » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:55 am
sudo apt-get install nethack-console nethack-common
This installs Nethack, the best console game I have ever played. Add nethack-spoilers for spoilers which help you get into the game, and look online for walkthoughs and tutorials.
Linux -- The operating system with a CLUE (Command Line User Environment)
--
FTC Team 4508
E=MC Squirreled
emcsquirreled.github.com
by m1n1m3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm
emcsquirreled wrote:sudo apt-get install nethack-console nethack-common
This installs Nethack, the best console game I have ever played. Add nethack-spoilers for spoilers which help you get into the game, and look online for walkthoughs and tutorials.

omg thank you :mrgreen: ive been looking for a nethack app for a while now
by dudeman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 pm
Three fun games on the Pi:

http://www.wesnoth.org A turn-based game with a fantasy theme. Go into the game's option menu and download some extra campaigns. There is a ton of content that you can download in game!
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wesnoth

Classic bubble breaking game in java 'Frozen Bubble'
sudo apt-get install frozen-bubble

Abuse is a 2d shooter that is very smooth and fun to play
sudo apt-get install abuse