NZBGet

11 posts
by conorewings » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am
I Tired SABNZBD on the Pi but the limited processor power made it rather unstable so im going to try nzbget.

has anyone complied it for the pi?

would save me some time if anyone had any experience of it.

Failing that im going to attempt a compile and run of it this weekend to see if it is anymore stable on the pi
by AndrewS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am
No idea what nzbget is, but did you try search.php?keywords=nzbget :?:
by conorewings » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 pm
Thanks, Its a Usenet Downloader Similar to SABNZBD which sucks a little bit to much power when trying to Download.

I hear NZBGet uses less resources.

Ill post instructions on how to install once i do it
by AndrewS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm
I've never heard of SABNZBD or used a Usenet Downloader either... should I have? :oops:
by rasbeer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 pm
AndrewS wrote:I've never heard of SABNZBD or used a Usenet Downloader either... should I have? :oops:

Only if you like free *cough* stuff (& don't like torrents, rapidshare etc...)
by AndrewS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 pm
Ah I see, this "internet lending library" I've heard other people talking about ;)
I've only ever used torrents for downloading Linux distros :)
by conorewings » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am
Yes, Handy for that and General Getting Large Files.

The only think im worried about is the fact that file some down SSL and Rared which may prove just to much for the Pis Processor.
by shalo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 pm
Here are a few stats regarding sabnzbdplus 0.6.15 running on Raspbian with unrar-nonfree that you might find of interest.

On a 10mbit connection running from a USB harddrive it has no trouble maxing out at 1.2mb/s download using 5 non-SSL connections (This is the sort of thing that will of course vary by usenet provider).

At 800mhz ARM with no other overclocks. It takes approximately 3 minutes to unrar a 1.4gb file. During these 3 minutes that the file is unpacking it is still downloading at 1.2mb/s.

It seems to suffer from a possible memory allocation issue after a long uptime and a new download is started. I ran some other light servers/clients that take up ~45mb of ram and have a 1gb swap that tends to see utilisation of 50-75mb. Increasing the vm.min_free_kbytes beyond the default 8192 value *seems* to have fixed this.
by ken0062 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm
I have been trying to compile it but make fails on at the following errors.
Code: Select all
ps/ServerPool.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I/usr/include -I/                                                                                                                                                             usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sigc++-2.0/include   -I/usr/include -I/usr/inc                                                                                                                                                             lude  -g -O2 -MT svn_version.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/svn_version.Tpo" -c -o svn_ver                                                                                                                                                             sion.o svn_version.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/svn_version.Tpo" ".deps/svn_version.Po"; else rm -f ".                                                                                                                                                             deps/svn_version.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I/usr/include -I/                                                                                                                                                             usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sigc++-2.0/include   -I/usr/include -I/usr/inc                                                                                                                                                             lude  -g -O2 -MT TLS.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/TLS.Tpo" -c -o TLS.o TLS.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/TLS.Tpo" ".deps/TLS.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/TLS.Tpo"; e                                                                                                                                                             xit 1; fi
TLS.cpp: In function âint tls_check_cert(tls_t*, const char*, int, char**)â:
TLS.cpp:911:5: error: âSTACKâ was not declared in this scope
TLS.cpp:911:12: error: âsubj_alt_namesâ was not declared in this scope
TLS.cpp:963:10: error: expected primary-expression before â)â token
TLS.cpp:963:11: error: expected â)â before âX509_get_ext_d2iâ
TLS.cpp:1564:1: error: expected â)â at end of input
TLS.cpp:1564:1: error: expected statement at end of input
TLS.cpp:1564:1: error: expected â}â at end of input
make[1]: *** [TLS.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/nzbget-svn'
make: *** [all] Error 2

however a older version (0.7.0) is available in the standard Repositories.
by honda4life » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 pm
Got 0.8.0 running on debian 6 (linux distro downloading speed is about 1120 KB/s with SSL :D )
Follow this: http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Installation_on_POSIX
you will miss some packages, use sudo apt-cache search "the missing package" for the correct name.
You need the package starting (mostly) with lib and ending with -dev.

Edit:
Use source files and not svn
http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Download
by bluc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am
I have what I assume is v9 running it does everything fine but does not unrar, I am getting a permission denied error when nzbget tries to access the default post processing script. I am just using the default script for post processing. I followed this guide here http://technocanuck.blogspot.com.au/201 ... tting.html but instead of making new user I just configured it to work with default pi user. It repairs file no probs just won't unpack them. Any ideas how to fix? :(