Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

20 posts
by mharrell » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:34 pm
Has anyone successfully been able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse?

Mike
by bgirardot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 pm
Yes, a number of folks have used wireless kb and mouse.

It is not spelled out well, but if you a 'find' on this page for 'wireless' you will see a good number of kb/trackpads/mouse that have been verified with the RPi:

http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals
by exartemarte » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 pm
mharrell wrote:Has anyone successfully been able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse?

I use a Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard/mouse combo, plugged directly into the Pi without benefit of a hub, and it's fine. (I've also used it with a powered hub, and that worked too.)
by PhJulien » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 pm
Hi,

when I first booted my RPi I used my logitech wireless desktop mk320 and it worked perfectly. The pi was not configured yet and I did not use a Hub.
I was actually pretty impressed it worked so well. :)
Not a native speaker. Sorry for my english. =)
by timmah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 am
I am currently using a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/touchpad combo on mine.
by bud-pnq » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:11 am
I have Logitech wireless wave KB mouse combo and it works great. But when connected with WiFi dongle it just doesn't work, even with powered usb hub. Tried two different manufacturer hubs but both with same struggles. One wireless chip at a time has been the only success with me, Bluetooth, WiFi, Logitech unifying, etc.
by peac » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am
I'm using the SIIG Multi-Touchpad Mini Keyboard, which works fine for casual use at startup, but turns out to have some issues with mapping some of the keys I use from the command line, e.g. ~

There's probably a keyboard map that would work better, but I haven't found it yet.
by rgvraspi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:29 am
I think I may be running it this myself with a Logitech MK320 and EDIMAX 7811 Wifi Adapter. I have detailed my experience here:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21980

A bit frustrating but oh well.

bud-pnq wrote:I have Logitech wireless wave KB mouse combo and it works great. But when connected with WiFi dongle it just doesn't work, even with powered usb hub. Tried two different manufacturer hubs but both with same struggles. One wireless chip at a time has been the only success with me, Bluetooth, WiFi, Logitech unifying, etc.
by ausinch » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 pm
mharrell wrote:Has anyone successfully been able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse?

i am using my pi now to write this with a Logitech K260 k/b - mouse combo. Works without a hitch.

Yesterday I tried a Trust 18056 k/b - mouse combo. The k/b worked but the mouse didnt.

I am not using an external USB hub.
by edtoml » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm
I managed to get an "Apple Wireless Keyboard" and "Apple Magic Mouse" working. The is a lot of crap out there on how to do it. This is what worked here (blueman did NOT work).
The advantage of doing it this way is that the keyboard and mouse are available without X.
Here they work at boot.

Get root ( If you do not know what you are doing as root find out )
sudo -i

apt-get install bluetooth bluez-tools
Wait a long time....

check bluetooth status:
/etc/init.d/bluetooth status

You may need to start bluetooth, if its not running:
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start

I edited /etc/default/bluetooth and set HID2HCI_ENABLED=1
not sure if this is needed though... If you change it you will want to do
/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

My 512M PI crashes if plug the adapter after boot... You should test to see if your adaptor is working with (dmesg is also useful ) :

hciconfig -a
You should see a line with "UP RUNNING PSCAN" probably on hci0

If its down you it may come up with:
hciconfig hci0 up

Once hci0 is up, find the address of the device you want to pair:
hcitool scan
and copy the bluetooth address to use in the following commands

pair the keyboard (here an old apple wireless keyboard):
bluez-simple agent hci0 <bt address>

it will prompt you for a pin, enter a 4 digit number for the keyboard, then type in on the keyboard and press enter on it. For the mouse try 0000 or 1234. If you need to pair
again you may get and error. If so append "repair" after the <bt address> and the old
pairing is deleted.

trust the device:
bluez-test-device trusted <bt address> yes

and connect it:
bluez-test-input connect <bt address>

repeat the pairing, trusting, connects for each device. I have only tested this with input
devices (eg keyboard and mouse).

Works here. Your mileage may vary :roll:

PS. before anyone asks. My bluetooth adapter is labeled "ASUS" and lsusb reports:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0cf3:3005 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR3011 Bluetooth

I use a beklin n300 for wifi:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 050d:2103 Belkin Components F7D2102 802.11n N300 Micro Wireless Adapter v3000 [Realtek RTL8192CU]

Both devices just worked. You do have to boot with them plugged into the PI to avoid crashes...
by boomergeek » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 pm
To those who lost connection to the wireless keyboard/mouse when a wireless USB adapter is plugged in. I had a Logitech K400 mouse/trackpad plugged in and added an EDIMAX WiFi adapter. the keyboard/trackpad were non-responsive after booting, so I just unplugged the keyboard/trackpad receiver with system running, waited a few seconds and plugged it in again. This was only necessary the first time I booted the system with the new adapter plugged in. After that first time both peripherals come up without further ado.
by kpalling » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:27 pm
Edtoml, thanks for a clear process. I had tried Blueman unsuccessfully with my Trust BT-2400p Ultra Small adapter and an Apple Wireless keyboard. Had a lot of problems even following your advice because every time i plugged it into my powered USB-hub I got 100% cpu (TOP showed colord-sane service running at high percents) and random key-repeats on the USB-attached keyboard, so found it almost impossible to issue commands. I finally had to plug it directly into the Pi and set HID2HCI_ENABLED=1. After a few reboots it worked.
P.S there is a small error in your command;
bluez-simple agent hci0 <bt address> -- should be
bluez-simple-agent hci0 <bt address>
Thanks again.
Keith Palling
by MarkTerrazzino » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 am
Hi all any one know of blue tooth keyboards will work with a blue tooth adapter?
by DennisDale » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am
Anyone have experience with Perixx Periboard-716 Wireless Ergonomic Multi Touchpad Keyboard ? Would it work?

http://www.ergogeek.com/perixx-periboar ... board.html
by AmigOS2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 am
Has anyone tried this GEAR HEAD KB3800TPW WIRELESS TOUCH MINI TOUCHPAD KEYBOARD 2.4 GHZ MULTI-TOUCH?
by jphphotography » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 am
FWIW I just picked up an IO Gear http://www.iogear.com/product/GKM681R/ and it works without any issues on raspbian and raspbmc. It also supports my PS3 so that was a bonus :)
by supra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 pm
@MarkTerrazzino, DennisDale, AmigOS2

All of them.... YES
Look for "Working with USB keyboard"
http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#Power_Usage_Notes

Supra
by Karlozkiller » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am
I'm using a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard with built in touchpad. It works out of the box.
by mvolkmann » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:22 pm
This is unbelievably frustrating! I followed all of these steps, but was not able to get an Apple wireless keyboard to pair. Most of the time the keyboard isn't even detected by "hcitool scan". It has fresh batteries that I tested with a voltage meter , so I know they are good. I repeated turned the keyboard off and on. Sometimes it is detected, but not usually. Even when I can make to to the last step to connect, pressing the keys does nothing.
by mob-i-l » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:26 am
There is an app for Android called WiFi Keyboard <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volosyukivan>. It makes it possible to use a computer (e.g. a laptop) as a wireless keyboard for an Android device. It's GPL and I think this system could be ported to Raspberry Pi. Is there already such a system for RasPi?
Raspberry Pi A @ 700MHz & Raspberry Pi B2 @ 800MHz w/ Raspbian (from NOOBS Lite). Started w/ BASIC on ABC80 & ZX81 then Forth, Z80… http://scratch.mit.edu/users/mobluse/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MOBiL4u/ https://twitter.com/MOB_i_L/