Power questions in this forum

5 posts
by mongrol » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 am
I assumed this forum was for "Power Users" as defined as someone who is extremely technically capable as apposed to a newbie. I see a lot of questions about powering the Pi instead. Which is it? Either way it looks like there's a forum missing.
by alexeames » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 am
mongrol wrote:I assumed this forum was for "Power Users" as defined as someone who is extremely technically capable as apposed to a newbie. I see a lot of questions about powering the Pi instead. Which is it? Either way it looks like there's a forum missing.

It's been suggested before that we have a section for discussing powering the Pi. It hasn't happened (yet) though. I guess there's a lot of different sections already :lol:
Alex Eames RasPi.TV HDMIPi.com RasP.iO
by Jim JKla » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:39 am
Power users (as in uber-geeks) are probably well placed to answer problems on powering the RPi provided they answer in a way the noob in the community will understand. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick
by Magma828 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 pm
Jim JKla wrote:Power users (as in uber-geeks) are probably well placed to answer problems on powering the RPi provided they answer in a way the noob in the community will understand. ;)

That's exactly why I posted my power-related question here. It didn't even occur to me that power could refer to electronics..
by Darranking » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 am
Define noob. In terms of electronic circuits I consider myself a noob, but in terms of programming and application design definately not.

I posted a power question in here as there were others like it.

Maybe we need a separate area