Transmission Daemon, writing to SD issue

1 post
by tommypayne » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm
Hi,

In short im having some troubles with Transmission and writing data to the SD card, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

This is the issue..

I have a 16Gb class 10 SD card with Debian Squeeze installed. I have also since installed the transmission package and the Transmission Daemon. I have setup the Daemon and i can connect to the device using the web gui to upload torrents. However after a couple of minutes the torrents fail and I get a message about running out of disk space.

What I have tried so far..

When putting the SD card into my Win Pc and opening up Partition manager i noticed there was about 13GB of unallocated space so I reformatted this space to Ext3 and put the card back in the RPi. This seemed to display this free space in the /media/ folder and i was able to browse to it in the console. So i loaded back up the Web GUI and changed the download location to /media/[partition name] so the downloads would store there. However im still getting the same "not enough disk space" when loading up a torrent in the web GUI??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

TP