I have Dabian Squeeze and a 16GB Card...

6 posts
by MarcusHeap » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am
I have Dabian Squeeze and a 16GB Card... but not sute on a windows 7 laptop what to do next. Any ideas?

Regards,

Marcus
Regards,

Marcus Heap
marcus@marcusheap.com
www.marcusheap.com
www.iWich.com
by KCarscadden » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm
1. Download Raspbian “wheezy” from the download page. This is Debian next version after Squeeze, optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware so up to 40% faster.

2. Extract the image file 2012-07-15-wheezy-raspbian.img from the .zip file downloaded in step 1.

3. Insert the SD card into the SD card reader on your laptop and check what drive letter it was assigned. You can easily see the drive letter (for example G:) by looking in the left column of Windows Explorer. If the card is not new, you should format it.

4. Download the Win32DiskImager utility from https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer. The download links are on the right hand side of the page, you want the binary zip.

5. Extract the executable file from the Win32DiskImager zip file and run the Win32DiskImager utility. You may need to run the utility as Administrator.

6. Select the 2012-07-15-wheezy-raspbian.img image file you extracted earlier.

7. Select the drive letter of the SD card in the device box. Be careful to select the correct drive; if you get the wrong one you can destroy your computer's hard disk!

8. Click Write and wait for the write to complete.

9. Exit the imager and eject the SD card.

10. Insert the card in the Raspberry Pi, power it on, and it should boot up.

Note that these instructions are just a minor update to http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup
by virgilh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 am
Hi,
I followed the intructions but instead a login prompt I get this error:

[i]/NYET/NAK/ACK/other in non-error case 0x00000002[/i]
by LenShustek » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:25 am
I was sometimes getting the same NYET/NACK/ACK error loop when booting with the network connected, and having lots of other intermittent hangs and glitches besides.

It turns out the problem was hardware: a cheap USB power adapter that is rated for 1A but evidently isn't good enough. I switched to another more expensive power adapter -- also rated 1A -- and all the problems disappeared. They come back when I switch to the original adapter, so I'm pretty sure I've got it nailed.
by virgilh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am
@LenShustek
That was it!!!
Once I changed the power adapter it worked like a charm.

Thank you.
by Nathank » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 pm
Also had this issue. Changed the power supply to ipad plug and it works great now.