LAMPA Script – Install Apache, MySQL, PHP5 and APC easy

6 posts
by Ciph » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Intro
I have written a script that simplifies the process of installing a web server with php, mysql and apc considerably. With a few clicks you will have a fully functional web server running.

The idea is to create a simple and fast way to get a fully functional web server with all the necessary additions. You do not have to write a lot of commands and you do not have to read through 100's of different pages. Everything you need is in LAMP Script!

This script requires no prior knowledge, it is suitable for all. I have tested the script a lot of times and have not encountered any problems. I recommend running the script on a newly installed server with Raspbian.

How to use
You can download the LAMP Script directly by clicking here. But the easiest way is to run the following command via SSH!
Code: Select all
wget http://upload.ciph.se/otcfo/download && tar xvzf download && cd lampascript

chmod +x lampa.sh && ./lampa.sh

When the script is started just follow the instructions. This is one of my first scripts so please come with tips and report bugs.

The full article is here:
http://ciph.se/blogg/?p=109 (In Swedish)
http://www.ciph.se
by kaspencer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 am
Hello Ciph ... and thanks for the LAMPA script.

Could I please ask you this:
Having installed (apparently) all the components that are dealt with in your script, I realise that MySQL has a root user and password that we don't know! As the default user on my Raspberry Pi (i.e. pi) I am able to access MySQL. But is a MySQL root user set up by your script? And does it have a password?

Many thanks,

Ken
2x256Mb + 2x512Mb RPi, Eth'netLAN+Win2k3R2 svr, 40MbpsFTTC.
RaspBMC: 128G SD, K400 wl Kb+TPd, HD32tv&Rem.
RW'y webserver: 64G SD, Y-RK49 wl Kb+M, HannsG W24" screen
RW'y PDC & fileserver: as above + 2TB disc.
+RiscOSPi on 32G uSD.
by kaspencer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:55 pm
I cannot seem to be able to edit my above post, and so I'll post the edit as a reply.

I am pleased to say that I was able to reset the password to the root user of MySQL using a method posted elsewhere on the MySQL forums. It appears the download for MySQL in Ciph's script does create a root user but the password seems not to be reported anywhere.

Thanks again.

Ken
+RiscOSPi on 32G uSD.
by poing » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm
Link?

Another thing to note is that option 7 or 8 doesn't do as advertised but installs a lot of additional programs, one of them imagemagick) ;)
by kaspencer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 pm
Hello Poing ...

I intentionally haven't provided the link because the material on the MySQL forum to which I referred could be misconstrued (or even correctly construed) as an invitation to hack a MySQL installation.

However, a careful Internet search using the most appropriate terms should get you there!

Best wishes,

Ken
+RiscOSPi on 32G uSD.
by KCarscadden » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm
poing wrote:Link?

Another thing to note is that option 7 or 8 doesn't do as advertised but installs a lot of additional programs, one of them imagemagick) ;)

Poing,

Option 8 just does this:
      8 ) clear ; apt-get install nmap ; clear ; nmap -p 80 google.se ; press_enter

So all of the other stuff installed is just Debian's suggested installs for nmap. As with every other apt-get install, you can reply n to the Do you want to continue [Y/n]? prompt, but then nmap is not installed.

K.