Image upload issue

5 posts
by Leo Rest » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:32 pm
Trying to upload an image from an android phone.
"Choose file" worked ok but "Add the file" returned "invalid image". This is a low res jpeg taken on the phone. I know I could upload somewhere else and link but this should work . Any help appreciated.
by grumpyoldgit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 pm
You have not explained what software you are using, how the phone has been connected to the Pi or anything really.
by abishur » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm
I would guess his issue is he's trying to post from his phone to the forum
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by grumpyoldgit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:54 pm
Ahhhh. I thought he was trying to link his phone to the Pi.

OP. You need to pick up images from hosting sites such as photbucket.
Alternatively, if you are trying to upload an avatar, the usual issues apply; it's too big; it's too small; too many pixels across; too few pixels across. The specification is in front of you on the avatar upload page.
by Leo Rest » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:04 am
Thanks for the replays.
Yes this is about trying to upload an image to a forum post using the browser on my phone. No Pi involved other than being the subject of the picture!
I had assumed that the file upload buttons could be used for parking the image ready to be embedded. Reading your response tells me, that was wrong . So my issue is resolved. The only way to embed an image is by using a third party site like photobucket then link to it in The post. I presume using the square brackets "img" formatting code makes the image show rather than the URL? Will give it a try. Thanks again for taking the time to help out. You both do a great job.