Search

4 posts
by andyfras » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm
With the latest version of Raspian, I noticed a lot of boot errors which seem to relate to USB ports. Before posting, I thought I'd try a search of USB boot errors, but it ignored the words 'USB' & 'boot', and just searched for 'errors'. So I added a + to each word, but it was just the same.

Is there a problem with Search, or am I not using it correctly?

Does anyone know what all these errors mean, or is it only me who is seeing them?
by RaTTuS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm
the errors on search or your usb errors ...
using search I would search via google [search termn site:raspberrypi.org ]

boot errors post a quick summary in the troubleshooting section :- viewforum.php?f=28
1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX - Prosliver FTW
"That's not right, the badgers have moved the goalposts."
by andyfras » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 am
Thanks for the pointer to using a Google search instead of the forum one.

I think I've found the cause of the USB boot errors; it was a new KVM switch that I had installed. When I connected a keyboard (with trackpad) directly to the Pi, there were no errors.

Despite the errors, the keyboard and mouse work fine through the KVM switch. It also has the advantage of combining keyboard and mouse into a single USB connection to the Pi.
by Siegfried » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am
I just tried to search for "power supply" and got this answer:
Information: The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: supply power.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

Which seems to be the same problem. Also, searching for uncommon messages with more then 14 characters yields a wrong message:
Information: The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: raxacoricofallapatorious.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

"Raxacoricofallapatorious" may be long but, definitely, is not common :)