"Official" RPi Case

6 posts
by Stevendt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:07 am
Hi,

according to the FAQ....

"CASES
Will it have a case?
Not for the first batch. We’ll be making and selling cases by the summer; you’ll be able to buy a unit with or without a case, or a case on its own."

Can you give an update on the availability/release date of the case please? I know that there are a number of cases around now, many of which are available on eBay and going for prices more than the Raspberry Pi itself - crazy!

I would much rather give my money to the Pi Foundation instead of someone on eBay. Can someone please let us know when we will be able to buy the planned case?

regards
Dave
by Arch1mede » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 am
Stevendt wrote:Hi,

according to the FAQ....

"CASES
Will it have a case?
Not for the first batch. We’ll be making and selling cases by the summer; you’ll be able to buy a unit with or without a case, or a case on its own."

Can you give an update on the availability/release date of the case please? I know that there are a number of cases around now, many of which are available on eBay and going for prices more than the Raspberry Pi itself - crazy!

I would much rather give my money to the Pi Foundation instead of someone on eBay. Can someone please let us know when we will be able to buy the planned case?

regards
Dave

I don't know if you are interested or not but I to am interested in a case and went with Shapeways http://www.shapeways.com/model/572576/raspberry-pi-design-case-v2.html, least its not eBay and its made by a 3d printer. Personally id rather spend it on this than leaving it exposed, I always feel like I'm going to short it out when i unplug any of the cables.
by Stevendt » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:53 am
Hi there,

thanks for the info.That case does look great, a nice design and well made.

However, at 50 Euros, including delivery, it's nearly twice the price of the RPi itself. I agree with you about not liking handling the board and cables with no case, but I don't think that I'd pay this much of a premium for a nice case. I guess that I'll probably wait for the initial flurry of eBay activity to die down and try to pick up a half decent case for a more realistic price,

regards
Dave
by Anubis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Hi

I have ordered one fro this guy looks great and cheap.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6520

Link may not work so check this forum - Projects / cases / 'My design Opinions
by Stevendt » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 pm
Hi there,

thanks for the note. The case looks fine, not quite as pretty as the more expensive ones :) , but for the price, I'd be interested in getting one too. Let us know when you receive yours and how you get on with it,

regards
Dave
by Anubis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 pm
OK

I'll let you know.

Hoping to get mine very soon. I've had quite a lot of communication with 'sharpapotheosis' and am confident he's got it right. I'm not too worried about beautiful more concerned with workable and lasting. 3D printer goods can be a bit fragile.