Newbie Alert, Raspberry Pi and OpenELEC Feedback

2 posts
by Choagy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm
Evening troops :)
Got my Pi the other day and after mucking around and getting used to it I finally took the plunge and attempted to set it up as a media player/centre. All I can say is that the Pi allied to OpenELEC is a fantastic wee bit of equipment. Took me a wee while to get their but the time was well spent as I am now the proud owner of a cracking wee media centre. I am hoping to learn, at the same time as my grandson :D , more than the basics but in the meantime all I can say is that the Pi is a great wee bit of kit. My good lady and I own quite a large , legitimate, library of DVD`s and I ripped a couple to see how they would play back on OpenELEC. One word "Flawlessly" describes the playback. I ripped them as AVI`s, about 200meg per episode and the sound(Mains Powered speakers)/picture quality is as good as I have seen on far superior units. All that I need to do now is get a case, powered usb hub and Linux for Vegetables :D handbook and away goes me and my grandson. I actually scared the scheitte out of my good lady and neighbours when Inlet out an ecstatic roar when I got the OpenELEC/ working. They thought I had had a stroke :D the whoop was that loud. Anywhooooo folks I am loving it and look forward to learning more than I thought a 56 year old fat bloke could learn :D :D :D :D :D

Great machine, now if I could only get L4D2 to run on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, should have posted this earlier. The information from a few of the members on this site was invaluable. The links to sites/FAQ`s and guides was a god send so thank you all for the help :) :)

Take care folks and remember be nice to each other :) :)
by Choagy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:48 pm
Spelling alerts :oops: "There" even and I let out not Inlet :lol: . Fat fingers/alcohol do not lend themselves to eloquent typing skills :D

Choagy, Be nice to each other folks :)