request for supported video types

6 posts
by bteeter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 am
Is it possible to get you to post the same video in all the support formats including the ones that you sell licenses for. I am not sure if I have configured things correctly and would like a set of reference video to verify against.

Bob Teeter
by t-a-s » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 am
Try running MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) on the media your having problems with and post the results.

Also have a look here and here.
by bteeter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 am
I guess what I am really looking for is about a 15-20 sec of the same video on a page that has all the supported video formats for the Raspberry PI. This way any user will be able to verify that their system works correctly.

Bob Teeter
by ghans » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm
I think the point is that each and every company thinks it's fun to create
their own container , however rudimentary. Therefore the Pi won't be ever able to
support every video file , as thos holds true for every media player i know.
.mkv and .avi work well , h.264 , VC-1 (some .wma) , MPEG2 and MPEG4 ASP are accelerated codecs AFAIK.
And some DivX generations.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by bteeter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm
Sorry - I guess I have not made myself plain enough. What I would like to see is a page that had a video for each class of video (ie MPG-2, H.264, and such) that the Raspberry Pi is licensed for. It is my understanding that it comes with license for 2 codex and you can purchase 2 additional licenses. This would be a total of 4 videos. If they were on one page then any user can go their and verify that what they have done works.... If you only have the basic unit the 2 of the videos would work and the others would not.

Bob Teeter
by ghans » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 am
You can query the GPU via vgencmd tool for that.
It will report wheter the codec support is enabled or not.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org