Sent Pi back to RS 3 weeks ago, sent an e-mail too...

7 posts
by Broonie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:36 pm
Sent my faulty Pi back to RS using the return form from the website, also dropped an e-mail a week later asking about the status of the Pi, replied to the FAQ auto-reply e-mail with the code in order to get a response.

Its been 3 weeks now, and I still haven't heard a response, what should my next step be?
by 27feet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm
Hi

Mine was only received back by RS 2 and half weeks ago (I have proof of when it arrived as sent recorded delivery) so sounds like I've still got a wait.

I tried phoning RS today and the lady on the phone could tell me nothing nor put me through to their RaspPi team. I've e-mailed with their staff name in the subject (available elsewhere on forum) as apparently it will reach a person - but given they're probably getting lots of enquiries I'm not holding out hope of a speedy response.

I'm fortunate I have access to another Pi but the RS support appears limited. I appreciate they have an RPi "team" because of the popularity but it appears the team just isn't big enough - I'm sure the team is probably doing all it can with the resource it has, but would be nice if they could perhaps clue in other staff to share some of the load.

If I've heard nothing by the 3 week mark I think I might just resort to a 7 day Letter before action and go through the small claims to get my original payment back as well as costs - particularly as they'll have had my money for 8 weeks by then with no working Pi from them. I'm also in the slightly better position of having a Pi from Farnell so it's not like I'll be waiting several more months to receive one if I do this (while others may - and so put them off).

I know the above sounds excessive but on experience so far I'm starting to think I'm better of waiting til Farnell accept repeat/multiple orders - which is a shame as I have an 8 year old Nephew and a bunch of teens (I work in a school) who would all love to have more access to one but at the moment they have to settle for brief spells of playing with mine.

RS - If you're reading this - this is the first time I've ordered from you and it's not been a good experience. I don't blame you for the DOA Pi but it'd be lovely to hear something from you. Soon :)
by 27feet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:05 pm
Broonie - I have promising news.

After the e-mail yesterday I've had notification of shipping this evening. If you've not heard anything suggest dropping an e-mail (from your original order e-mail) as I described in the last post with details of your original order number etc.

To Mike@RS (or the returns department) - if you're reading this then thank you
by Broonie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 am
I still haven't heard anything regarding my Pii, sent a few e-mails to returns with no reply, tried phoning, no use ethier.

Help, please?
by Broonie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 am
Still heard nothing, tried e-mailing RS again, no reply, tried even private messaging liz, no reply.

I think I might have to pursue legal advice... please can someone help?
by Broonie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 am
Well, after a few months, no replies, no e-mails, I got a despatch e-mail from RS last night.

Let's hope it's a working Pi!
by Chris_Reynolds » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:45 pm
I've almost given up on my RS Pi. I returned it weeks ago and have chased the (helpful) Mike a number of times but I've received nothing back in terms of confirmation that they've even received it - not a great customer service experience.

Luckily my Farnell one has arrived but RS need to do better, I'd be happy with an honest "We've got yours but we've none spare for replacements you'll have to wait" because I'd at least know where I was.

I know it isn't the foundation's fault but these things don't help perceptions.