Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

776 posts   Page 3 of 32   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32
by tinuzz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 pm
Mike@RS: is anybody reading the mails that get sent to RaspberryPi@rswww.com? I have sent several, but no answer. Like other people above, I would like to know the status of my order, placed on May 19th, with number 211xx..

Thanks,
Martijn.
by Mike@RS » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 pm
Hi - a short update on where we are at with shipment schedules.

By sunday night we reached up to order number 39450 being packed and ready for despatch. This week we start from order number 39,451, and aim to reach 51,500 by the end of the week.

There are still a small number of outstanding deliveries that people are chasing, and we're currently looking into these along with our couriers. Jo, Vic and myself will also continue to keep people up-to-date with information on shipments via the forum

Thanks,
Mike
by wallacebiy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:44 pm
Many Thanks Mike !
by bwoodbury » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm
Hi Mike

Is the June 21 email from Allied correct in stating that they will be receiving their first Pi's "in the coming weeks". If so, can you advise when RS may be providing Allied with those Pi's?
by rasbeer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:21 pm
rasbeer wrote:Mike, please have a look at this thread.

There's no mention that DHL might charge a large fee locally on your website. In the case described this amounted to about 37% of the stated cost of the unit (including shipping). At the very least you should disclose the existence of this charge. Better still would be to offer shipping methods that would not incur it.
by honda4life » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 pm
interpolate this results.
Very accurate to dermine your shipping time in my case ;)
by chrismo61 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 pm
Cheers mike just got my email saying its with parcel force. Pi is a dish best served cold.
by amberleaf123 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 am
Hi,
Looking at the delivery table above, i did register on the 31st May, Then 2 days later got a Time To Order e-mail......ordered it (2nd June),got confirmation order(2nd June) now cannot sign into rs components, any one got any clues for me? am I missing the point or what?
Thanks James
by paulkerton » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 pm
So I registered on 23/04 which means I should have been able to order yesterday.

Absolutely nothing so far.

I feel sorry for RPF, because their manufacturing partners have let them down massively.

Duplicate shipments, first come first served failing, 5 month lead times. What a way to destroy all the good will. Our 4000 school trust, who were looking to this device to help fulfil the programming requirements of the ICT curriculum in the future are now going to have to look elsewhere.

It's very sad to see what was such a promising project falling apart.
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:21 pm
bwoodbury wrote:Hi Mike

Is the June 21 email from Allied correct in stating that they will be receiving their first Pi's "in the coming weeks". If so, can you advise when RS may be providing Allied with those Pi's?

Hi - Allied are recieving a batch of Raspberry Pi's this week to cover all pre-orders placed. The email you recieved was to ensure you know it won't be much longer to wait.
by obarthelemy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 pm
paulkerton wrote:So I registered on 23/04 which means I should have been able to order yesterday.

I feel sorry for RPF, because their manufacturing partners have let them down massively.

Duplicate shipments, first come first served failing, 5 month lead times. What a way to destroy all the good will. Our 4000 school trust, who were looking to this device to help fulfil the programming requirements of the ICT curriculum in the future are now going to have to look elsewhere.

It's very sad to see what was such a promising project falling apart.

Production is ramping up nicely it seems, much faster than if RPF had gone it alone. If supplying 10,000s of units is letting down (sic), we're not using the same dictionnary.

The project is falling apart (sic) only insofar as they didn't manage to deliver 100.000's units overnight, which would have require much more capital than they have.

The main issue is with whining entitled "customers" throwing hissy fits about a developers' release not being instantly available nor fully ready software-wise.

Some people need to get a grip and some perspective.
by BigEndian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm
amberleaf123 wrote:Hi,
Looking at the delivery table above, i did register on the 31st May, Then 2 days later got a Time To Order e-mail......ordered it (2nd June),got confirmation order(2nd June) now cannot sign into rs components, any one got any clues for me? am I missing the point or what?
Thanks James

paulkerton wrote:So I registered on 23/04 which means I should have been able to order yesterday.

How can it be that amberleaf123 registered interest on 31/05 and could order already 2 days later? paulkerton (and me) have registered interest on 23/04 and we both got no "time to order" e-mail until now.

Seems that the first come first serve basis is not working.
by SibUser » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 pm
Mike@RS: Hello, there is a problem woth my order. My order confirmation number is 466x. I place an order 12 May 2012, and i still no receive an e-mail that my order is shipped. I write an e-mail to raspberrypi@rswww.com, but nobody answer for my question.
by kimuji » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:15 pm
SibUser wrote:Mike@RS: Hello, there is a problem woth my order. My order confirmation number is 466x. I place an order 12 May 2012, and i still no receive an e-mail that my order is shipped. I write an e-mail to raspberrypi@rswww.com, but nobody answer for my question.

Same here with 2154x nothing received and accroding to them orders up till 39450 are already packed
they're looking into it :(
by Josh.43 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm
I just ran across something that raises a red flag:

I got on the list through newark, and on May 25th, I was able to order through the activation code that was sent to my email. At this time, my credit card (prepaid) was charged. ( order # 36933 )

Now, I just got a notification from newark that they were going to ship my board, but that they could not because they could not preauthorize the card.

Is there a duplicate order? or am I potentially being double-billed with no option to sort it out quickly enough to get in on this batch?
by DuncanKennedy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 pm
Mike@RS wrote:
bwoodbury wrote:Hi Mike

Hi - Allied are recieving a batch of Raspberry Pi's this week to cover all pre-orders placed. The email you recieved was to ensure you know it won't be much longer to wait.

Thanks Mike

This is the first real information I've received about the status of Allied Orders since the beginning of March. Thanks for bringing us up to date!
Duncan
The mind is an infinite resource, provided you don't waste it!
by sully1512 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 pm
On Sunday I emailed Mike@RS to chase order via the link earlier in thread, he responded first thing Monday morning, passed to EMail to another team, they responded same day.

Order No is 4030x, recieved email to say shipped yesterday, arrived today. Image loaded to 6gb micro SD card with adapter, Pi connected up booted first time. Brilliant.

Only complaint would be with Post Office, their tracking website was next to useless.

Otherwise brilliant service from RS here in the UK.

One very :D Happy Raspberry Pi owner :D
by Josh.43 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 pm
Josh.43 wrote:I just ran across something that raises a red flag:
Is there a duplicate order? or am I potentially being double-billed with no option to sort it out quickly enough to get in on this batch?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease: it showed up at my door from RS 15min ago. EXCITE!
Looks like this batch is in full force :)
by honda4life » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm
It's not funny:

Brussels - Belgium Arrived at DHL facility in Brussels - Belgium

Brussels - Belgium Processed at Brussels - Belgium
Brussels - Belgium Departed from DHL facility in Brussels - Belgium
Brussels - Belgium Arrived at DHL facility
Brussels - Belgium Shipment arrived at wrong facility. Sent to correct destination
Brussels - Belgium Processed at Brussels - Belgium
Brussels - Belgium Departed from DHL facility in Brussels - Belgium
Brussels - Belgium Arrived at DHL facility in Brussels - Belgium
by Greebie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:33 am
Morning all!

According to the update, my Pi should be with me, hopefully, by the end of the week. It's a bit unfortunate as I go away on holiday for seven days on Saturday so I'm going to have to wait a week longer before I can start playing! :(

My question is, when did the people who have already recieved their Pis from RS initially register their interest?

I filled in the pre-order "register your interest" form way back on the 1st March and received my invitation to order on the 29th May. I've noticed a few posts from people saying they've now got theirs who seem to say they registered their interest after I did.

I'm curious as to what might have happened to my "pre-order" if that is the case? :?
by Greebie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 am
As an update to my post, here's three examples from the Invite to order thread
02.03.2012 - registred interest on RS website
18.05.2012 - got invitation from RS
18.05.2012 - ordered via RS (including Pi, Euro power adapter, SD card, ethernet cable) order number 16XXX, destination Germany, despatch within 3 weeks
10.06.2012 - sent e-mail to Mike@RS, asking for current state of my order
10.06.2012 - got answer from Mike 30 minutes later (on late sunday evening, thanks for that!), saying that my Pi is going to despatched on monday, 11.06.2012
12.06.2012 - got tracking information from DHL
13.06.2012 - Pi seems to arrive today =)

04-03-2012 Registered interest on RS
22-05-2012 Pre-order RPi, order number 280xx
18-06-2012 I got a DHL Shipment notification with tracking information

09-03 registered for interest
22-05 received invitation to order
22-05 ordered raspberry pi
18-06 dispatched
19-06 should be arriving in a couple of hours
19-06 and it has arrived

Mine:-
01-03-2012 Registered Interest
29-05-2012 Received invitation to order
29-05-2012 Placed order

and that's it. The three examples above placed orders after me, but got their invitations before I did and now have their Pis.

Clearly the "first come first served" system isn't holding up. :?:
by Greebie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:01 pm
I feel like I'm talking to myself a bit here! :lol:

Just had an update from Victoria at RS. My order is due for despatch on Sunday, as I'd guessed but, apparently, 99.9% of people were contacted in the correct order so myself, and the others questioning the accuracy of their first-come-first-served policy are, clearly, incredibly unlucky to be caught up in the worlds largest minority! :shock:
by Mike@RS » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:16 pm
Hi - a quick update for anyone expecting to receive an order invitation today. Due to some essential maintenance work required on our Pi Store, these emails will now be sent tomorrow morning.

Many apologies for the delay to any affected.
by SibUser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 am
Mike@RS wrote:Hi - a quick update for anyone expecting to receive an order invitation today. Due to some essential maintenance work required on our Pi Store, these emails will now be sent tomorrow morning.

Many apologies for the delay to any affected.

Mike, it's very good that you inform people about new invitaions, but very bad that you don't answer peoples, that already pay for Raspberry Pi(month ago), but still haven't information about ship.
by Frog Pi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:36 am
Mike@RS wrote:Hi - a short update on where we are at with shipment schedules.

By sunday night we reached up to order number 39450 being packed and ready for despatch. This week we start from order number 39,451, and aim to reach 51,500 by the end of the week.

There are still a small number of outstanding deliveries that people are chasing, and we're currently looking into these along with our couriers. Jo, Vic and myself will also continue to keep people up-to-date with information on shipments via the forum

Thanks,
Mike

I am still waiting for news of my order (213xx) placed on the 19th May. I emailed RS 10 days ago and received a polite reply stating that my case was being investigated. As no further news was forthcoming, I sent another email last weekend, but have still received no response or Raspberry Pi.