Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied


 
776 posts   Page 2 of 32   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32
by Vic@RS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 pm
vortical wrote:Hello, Thank you for the update but I must say at this point I am starting to get a little annoyed,
I registered my interest way back in march and was very happy to then get to order my Pi on May the 24th (Despatch expected within 3 week ) but now that time has gone I find my self looking at updates and hoping for emails again.

This all in its self would not be so bad if not for the fact my friend who started this all 2 days after me in march with Farnell element14 has had this Pi for over 3 weeks now.


Hi - I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your order. If you can send me your order reference (email raspberrypi@rswww.com, referencing Vic@RS in the subject line) I'll see what I can find out.
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am
by kimuji » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm
Mike@RS wrote:
kimuji wrote:order 215xx Sat, 19 May 2012,

still no news, and there's people with later orders who already received it apparently :(


Hi - sorry about this. Can you send me your order number (email raspberrypi@rswww.com with Mike@RS in the subject line) and i'll get some more information on what's happened.

Already done 4hours ago, i can resend if you didn't get it.
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 am
by Mike@RS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:13 pm
kimuji wrote:
Mike@RS wrote:
kimuji wrote:order 215xx Sat, 19 May 2012,

still no news, and there's people with later orders who already received it apparently :(


Hi - sorry about this. Can you send me your order number (email raspberrypi@rswww.com with Mike@RS in the subject line) and i'll get some more information on what's happened.

Already done 4hours ago, i can resend if you didn't get it.


Thanks - we've got it and are looking into what's happened
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm
by akhilpo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm
I heard that so many international customers are paying extra tax, duties etc which almost doubles the the actual cost of the RPi. Is that true? I am from India btw.
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm
by DuncanKennedy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 pm
Hi Mike

Thanks for the useful and helpful information you've been posting here.

Could you please confirm though that your comments regarding expected invite and delivery dates for pre-orders and expressions of interest only reflect orders placed directly with RS? Certainly none of them seem to apply to the Allied Electronics communications or delivery schedule.

My personal experience with Allied, having expressed interest around March 4th and then actually pre-ordered on the night of the 5/6th (not realizing they amounted to the same thing) is that there has been no communications or invites other than the occasional 'we'll get back to you' mass mailing - and certainly no evidence that Allied has shipped very many Pi's yet, or even any.

Comments?
Duncan
The mind is an infinite resource, provided you don't waste it!
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am
by bramblejam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm
vortical wrote:Hello, Thank you for the update but I must say at this point I am starting to get a little annoyed,
I registered my interest way back in march and was very happy to then get to order my Pi on May the 24th (Despatch expected within 3 week ) but now that time has gone I find my self looking at updates and hoping for emails again.

This all in its self would not be so bad if not for the fact my friend who started this all 2 days after me in march with Farnell element14 has had this Pi for over 3 weeks now.



You are so right! We ordered on Feb 29th and are still waiting. It's been atypical British cockup if you ask me! Great creative genius, no organisational skills.
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm
by jishnu_oman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 am
Hello Mike...

My order confirmation number is 38210. as per the order shipping table ... my order number is supposed to be despatched between 19th june to 24rth june... am I right?
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 am
by vveloso » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 am
Mike, my last email from RS Components was on May the 8th. I did not receive an invitation and neither the "queue status" email that was apparently sent last weekend. Have I been dropped from the queue?

BTW, a colleague of mine that has registered with Farnell after I did received his Pi the day before yesterday...
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:48 am
by Mike@RS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 pm
vveloso wrote:Mike, my last email from RS Components was on May the 8th. I did not receive an invitation and neither the "queue status" email that was apparently sent last weekend. Have I been dropped from the queue?

BTW, a colleague of mine that has registered with Farnell after I did received his Pi the day before yesterday...


Can you drop me a private email (to raspberrypi@rswww.com referencing Mike@RS in the subject line) and i'll look at what's happened.
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm
by Mike@RS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm
jishnu_oman wrote:Hello Mike...

My order confirmation number is 38210. as per the order shipping table ... my order number is supposed to be despatched between 19th june to 24rth june... am I right?


Hi - that's correct. It should be with you by the end of this week.
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm
by bwoodbury » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm
Mike@RS wrote:
bwoodbury wrote:Any idea about orders from Allied - mine was on March 3 Order # 2500072540. It was an actual pre-order not an expression of interest, so no follow up invite to RS shop


Hi - those of you who placed pre-orders with Allied should receive a communication from them in the next couple of weeks advising the lead-time for delivery. We've been working with the team in Allied on how they will fulfill these orders, which we're now clear about so communications should start very shortly.


Hi Mike

Really do appreciate your time on the forum but that wasn't the news I was hoping to hear :( Given my March 3 pre-order date I am shocked that it will now take another couple of weeks for Allied just to advise on lead time for delivery. I was hoping I would be receiving my Pi by then. I see a post in another thread that someone registered their SECOND expression of interest with RS on March 9 and received their SECOND Pi from you folks June 19. Obviously Allied is way behind RS in having available units
User avatar
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Canal Flats Canada
by jamesh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm
bramblejam wrote:
vortical wrote:Hello, Thank you for the update but I must say at this point I am starting to get a little annoyed,
I registered my interest way back in march and was very happy to then get to order my Pi on May the 24th (Despatch expected within 3 week ) but now that time has gone I find my self looking at updates and hoping for emails again.

This all in its self would not be so bad if not for the fact my friend who started this all 2 days after me in march with Farnell element14 has had this Pi for over 3 weeks now.



You are so right! We ordered on Feb 29th and are still waiting. It's been atypical British cockup if you ask me! Great creative genius, no organisational skills.


Would this be the same lack of organisational skills that will see half a million raspi's in the hands of new owners at or around end of September? When the expected first year sales were estimated at around 30k-50k?
Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at Picademy September, October, November 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 12353
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm
by bwoodbury » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 pm
Now I have a better understanding of Mike's response to my earlier post. I just received an email from Allied (RS affiliate in North America) that stated in part "We will receive our first shipment of Raspberry Pis in the coming weeks." Please Mike tell me that's a joke - Allied is about to receive their FIRST Pi's in a few weeks :shock: Can I comment about organizational skills
User avatar
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Canal Flats Canada
by DuncanKennedy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 pm
I got the same note from Allied. Once again, no details, just a vague promise about 'in the coming weeks'. Is that 1 week, 10 weeks, 100 weeks? They're all coming up.

This is the same meaningless 'wait for it' notice that they've been sending out since March to keep us quiet while they apparently don't actually DO (ir ship) anything!

This is one of those cases where it would be better to say nothing, rather then to send out more meaningless platitudes.
Duncan
The mind is an infinite resource, provided you don't waste it!
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am
by wallacebiy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:17 pm
Mike

Just wondering ,
I received my invitation arund the 28th may , and Ordered on the 6th June ,

My order number is in the 72XXX range .

Looking at your table , it stops at 71500 .

So am I to assume my order isn't in then next shipment , but at the top of the shipment after ?

I was given a 7 week lead time ( which would put it late July )

that about right ?


Cheers ,
it's just it looks like falling between two stools ( too early to be mentioned in the next batch , too late to be part of the current lot )
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 2:00 pm
by rasbeer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:02 am
Mike, please have a look at this thread.

There's no mention that DHL might charge a large fee locally on your website. In the case described this amounted to about 37% of the stated cost of the unit (including shipping). At the very least you should disclose the existence of this charge. Better still would be to offer shipping methods that would not incur it.
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am
by Mike@RS » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 am
wallacebiy wrote:Mike

Just wondering ,
I received my invitation arund the 28th may , and Ordered on the 6th June ,

My order number is in the 72XXX range .

Looking at your table , it stops at 71500 .

So am I to assume my order isn't in then next shipment , but at the top of the shipment after ?

I was given a 7 week lead time ( which would put it late July )

that about right ?


Cheers ,
it's just it looks like falling between two stools ( too early to be mentioned in the next batch , too late to be part of the current lot )



Hi - that's correct. The lead time you've been given will be accurate based on the advised delivery times we've got currently.
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm
by beatmag » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm
why is DHL charging again? i dont get it......
is it for all countries or just selected countries dhl will do this?
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:28 am
by fishy0689 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm
beatmag wrote:why is DHL charging again? i dont get it......
is it for all countries or just selected countries dhl will do this?

Generally speaking, some private carriers will charge for the brokerage/customs of getting the item into your country.

UPS has been notorious for this in Canada with internationally originating shipments, usually charging over $50 to broker it, no matter the cost of the item. In Canada at least, you can request that they do not broker it, and fill out the form yourself (takes around 5 minutes at customs) to avoid the charge. They hate it when you do that, and will usually make it difficult for you, but it saves a few bucks.

I have no clue if DHL has a similar option available.
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:51 pm
by Jiggles » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 pm
My order number is: 54xxx range so mines will be sent out after the 8th of July? So should receive it in the week beginning the 9th?
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
by cyrakuse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:58 am
Sorry but there is something i don't understand.
There is 2 tables :
- order shipping table
- order invitation schedule

I have been invited the June 21th and my order number is 44465.
so in the order shipping table, i can see it will be shipped before the July 1st.
in the order invitation schedule, i can see the estimated shipping lead time is about 11 weeks. So i could be shipped September 3.

I think my poor english don't let me understand exactly this :oops:

Someone can explain me please ?
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am
by Phil Spiegel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 am
cyrakuse wrote:Sorry but there is something i don't understand.
There is 2 tables :
- order shipping table
- order invitation schedule

I have been invited the June 21th and my order number is 44465.
so in the order shipping table, i can see it will be shipped before the July 1st.


You HAVE been 'invited to order' - so the first table is applicable to you; and subject to any delays, or gains on the schedule, you should expect your Pi to be shipped before July 1st as you thought.

in the order invitation schedule, i can see the estimated shipping lead time is about 11 weeks. So i could be shipped September 3. Someone can explain me please ?


THIS SECOND TABLE is for those (at the time of writing 19th June) who HAD NOT YET BEEN 'INVITED TO ORDER' but where therefore still in the 'limbo' of 'having expressed interest' on the website ie 'tried to order', but not allowed.

It then shows that as they work through the outstanding lists of (expression of interest), when they will be (invited to order) at X-thousand a week, they will be allocated against stock coming in at Y-thousand a week .... the difference between X (speed of processing/inviting) and Y-board (production/despatch) both being 'variables' affected perhaps by public holidays in the UK (X, and Y) and the increasing rate of production (which will progressively reduce Y as production catches up with initial demand .... then will increase again once bulk orders are permitted.
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 am
by PaulCheffus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am
cyrakuse wrote:Sorry but there is something i don't understand.
There is 2 tables :
- order shipping table
- order invitation schedule

I have been invited the June 21th and my order number is 44465.
so in the order shipping table, i can see it will be shipped before the July 1st.
in the order invitation schedule, i can see the estimated shipping lead time is about 11 weeks. So i could be shipped September 3.

I think my poor english don't let me understand exactly this :oops:

Someone can explain me please ?



Hi

The thing I don't understand is that I was invited to order and ordered on 28th May and got order number 47xxx yet the order number above is before mine yet placed on 21st June?

My son placed his order on 22nd June and got order 99xxx which does make sense with my original order number.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Lincolnshire UK
by cyrakuse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am
Phil Spiegel wrote:You HAVE been 'invited to order' - so the first table is applicable to you; and subject to any delays, or gains on the schedule, you should expect your Pi to be shipped before July 1st as you thought.

Thanks for reply
That's a good news for me :mrgreen:
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am
by chrismo61 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 am
My order number is 396xx according to the table I should of already got my delivery by now. Is there a hold up or something. Any info would be great.
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am