Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

776 posts   Page 5 of 32   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32
by dasimpson » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm
when i go to the buy it now link in my time to order email i enter my code and email that i recived in my email saying The latest Raspberry Pi news from RS and Allied that had a code in i get this massage The code you have entered is invalid. If you have experienced issues whilst placing your order please try again after 1 hour. any ideas whats wrong ty
by HerrMaulwurf » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 pm
@dasimpson
The only way to find out what's going wrong with your invite code is to contact RS Online/Allied (in case you are ordering from Canada) directly.
by dasimpson » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:36 pm
im in the uk but will try rs see if they know anything
by bang » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm
dasimpson wrote:when i go to the buy it now link in my time to order email i enter my code and email that i recived in my email saying The latest Raspberry Pi news from RS and Allied that had a code in i get this massage The code you have entered is invalid. If you have experienced issues whilst placing your order please try again after 1 hour. any ideas whats wrong ty

The only suggestion I can think of is that the full stop at the end of that sentence is not part of the code. Make sure you only include the letters and numbers in the box, and use the exact email address that you registered with.

If still no luck, you'll have to email RS.

b.
by kghunt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 pm

In came today I was not expecting it until Monday. I can't believe how small it is! I know it's meant to be but until you see in in real life it doesn't hit you.
by dasimpson » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am
man i am such a dipstick i was using the rasberry pi id number as the activation code when i loked at the buy it now email i so the code and one pi now payed for and waiting on dilivery weeeeeeeeeeeeee
by donuts » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 pm
cyrakuse wrote:
jonny81 wrote:Hi,

Registered on 01/03/12
May 28th time to order
Email today saying it shipped today (27th June)
Shipment delivered 28th June in ITALY

Order number 456xx

:shock:
You're lucky !!!!!

I have no news about my order and my order number is 41947 :cry:
what a surprise to see that the orders are not sent ordered by number :shock:

I too am surprised that the Raspberrys are not distributed by order number. I placed my order on April 3, 2012 (No. 022947) and, until now, I heard nothing or received anything.
And still I like to have this Raspberry Pi. So if anyone of you read it from Element14.com, I'm still intrested!
Tomorrow is really the end of June!
by amberleaf123 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:36 pm
BigEndian wrote:
amberleaf123 wrote:Hi,
Looking at the delivery table above, i did register on the 31st May, Then 2 days later got a Time To Order e-mail......ordered it (2nd June),got confirmation order(2nd June) now cannot sign into rs components, any one got any clues for me? am I missing the point or what?
Thanks James

paulkerton wrote:So I registered on 23/04 which means I should have been able to order yesterday.

Absolutely nothing so far.

How can it be that amberleaf123 registered interest on 31/05 and could order already 2 days later? paulkerton (and me) have registered interest on 23/04 and we both got no "time to order" e-mail until now.

Seems that the first come first serve basis is not working.

Just had Confirmation e-mail.....despatched:D....first come first serve? not in this case my Friend:D
by SKarp » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:38 pm
OK, I'm officially confused.

I entered what I thought was an order (provided credit card number, all emails say "Order Confirmation", "Order Acknowledgement", etc.) on March 25. Order number is 313xxx (yes, 6 digits, unlike the 5 digit numbers people seem to be slinging around here.)

Got another email on May 2 saying that "your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in an upcoming shipment beginning the week of June 29th". Again -- not anything about invitations. This all seems pretty clearly like an order.

Checked order status earlier this week and saw "Back Order" and "Ship Date 28 June 2012". I check again today, and I see "Back Order" and "Ship Date 12 July 2012".

Obviously, I'm going about this the wrong way -- I should be demanding that my order NOT ship, and it'll then magically have gone out the door weeks ago, and have arrived in my hands already. <grin>

Seriously, though, what gives? What dates can I actually put some faith in?
by amberleaf123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 pm
SKarp wrote:OK, I'm officially confused.

I entered what I thought was an order (provided credit card number, all emails say "Order Confirmation", "Order Acknowledgement", etc.) on March 25. Order number is 313xxx (yes, 6 digits, unlike the 5 digit numbers people seem to be slinging around here.)

Got another email on May 2 saying that "your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in an upcoming shipment beginning the week of June 29th". Again -- not anything about invitations. This all seems pretty clearly like an order.

Checked order status earlier this week and saw "Back Order" and "Ship Date 28 June 2012". I check again today, and I see "Back Order" and "Ship Date 12 July 2012".

Obviously, I'm going about this the wrong way -- I should be demanding that my order NOT ship, and it'll then magically have gone out the door weeks ago, and have arrived in my hands already. <grin>

Seriously, though, what gives? What dates can I actually put some faith in?

-The "Back-Order" mean that your pi is caught up in the back log.....so they will be sorting that out before the other shipments but like in my case maybe they could send you it faster than the people who ordered before me, im not sure how it works but i guess i was one of the lucky ones......im not sure on the dates but try to stick to the table mike put up on deliverys....by the way your order email etc sounded like what happened to me so good luck in getting it early:D
by amberleaf123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 pm
PY1CX wrote:Hi,

My order number is 36390. By this topic I know that it had to be send in June 24th. Why I didn't received any contact from RS Components about my board?

Kind Regards,
Felipe :(

In my opinion RS Components are abit on the poor side to giving out details/delivery dates......my order number was 710xx,i didnt hear nothing from them after sending them numerous e-mails but on the bright side im getting my pi before people who ordered them...i guess its just pot luck!
by tartiflute » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm
Same problem as dasimpson.
First time I tried to buy the Pi, I encountered a "barclays integration error???", just when I wrote my credit card numbers.
And when I tried to reconnect, I got "The code you have entered is invalid. If you have experienced issues whilst placing your order please try again after 1 hour."
Even after two hours. :(
Any idea?

Sorry for my english!
by amberleaf123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm
Hi,
Try to re-enter the code after another 2hours....If that does not work I personally would contact Mark:D
hope this helps.
by amberleaf123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:12 am
hi,
The same happened to me....i dont know my RS Components username anymore, but quite afew people have had this problem and they said just wait and it will come without an email because you cant log in because you have forgotten your user lol, dont be afraid because lots of people are in the same boat as you,including myself.....mine came much erlier than expected, do the following:
look at the delivery dates.....try and work out when you where invited to order....and the time they gave you on the confirmation email (e.g 9 weeks or what ever) then after that if it does not come by then contact RS Components on the number given for "General Enquiries"=08457 201201.(UK land line-charged at normal network rate for UK callers. remember prices will vary due to you being in the US.
Hope this helped.
Thanks James
by tartiflute » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 am
One more try, and still can't pay (well I hope so, or I paid 5 or 6 times...).
Each time I give my credit card numbers, then I find myself on this page:
https://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com/shop ... ationError
Reassuring, isn't it?
by sversluis » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 am
Hi,

My order number is 12.700 (17th of May). Still waiting for notice of delivery. Please advise?
And for those who still waiting... Good luck.

I must agree with the comments.. Raspberry Pi rocks but the information about delivery is incomplete and very poor. If the assigned routed to gather info is sending eMails to raspberrypi@rswww.com with in the subject: Mike@RS, you would get a (non-automated) response. But still no answer :(

Still hoping (but losing it fast)..
by Roalush » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am
sversluis wrote:Hi,

My order number is 12.700 (17th of May). Still waiting for notice of delivery. Please advise?

I must agree with the comments.. Raspberry Pi rocks but the information about delivery is incomplete and very poor. If the assigned routed to gather info is sending eMails to raspberrypi@rswww.com with in the subject: Mike@RS, you would get a (non-automated) response. But still no answer :(

Same for me, order 739x. Got promise that they'll check on it, but no more info since.
by Frog Pi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 am
Roalush wrote:

Same for me, order 739x. Got promise that they'll check on it, but no more info since.

Me too: order 213xx (19th May). I was promised a response "shortly", but that was now ten days ago.
by amberleaf123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 pm
tartiflute wrote:One more try, and still can't pay (well I hope so, or I paid 5 or 6 times...).
Each time I give my credit card numbers, then I find myself on this page:
https://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com/shop ... ationError
Reassuring, isn't it?

Yes very reassuring:(......If i was you I would of contacted Mike or I would contact Mike a.s.a.p.
good luck.
by amberleaf123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Get onto Mike a.s.a.p, The last thing you want is to be at the other end of the que......
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 pm
I only read promises in my email by RS.
If they do not ship my Raspberry today as this is the last date they promised to ship it, I will open a dispute on paypal and get my money back.
I am really fed up with them.
They act completely unprofessionally.
Farnell charged me the day they shipped my raspberry and they actually shipped it !
RS charged me 21st of May and they shipped nothing yet.
by kimuji » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm
Order 215xx
got this reply last friday from Mike@RS
We’re resending your order to you, which will be sent next Tuesday. Please accept our apologies for this delay, which was due to a data failure between systems.

So i'm still hoping for shipping mail today
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm
kimuji wrote:Order 215xx
We’re resending your order to you, which will be sent next Tuesday. Please accept our apologies for this delay, which was due to a data failure between systems.

I received that too. Same days, same person.
But, he told that to me again two weeks ago. :lol:
by SibUser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:27 pm
kimuji wrote:Order 215xx

How you contact with RS employees? I twice write an e-mail and there is no answers. I open a PayPal dispute 2 weeks ago and there is no answer too. I try to write about my problem in this topic, and there is no answer from RS employees again:(
by scrupul0us » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm
I just received my invite code today for the UK site. Emailed Mike, hoping to be able to use it on the US site to avoid having to pay VAT to the USA.

Thanks all =)