Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

776 posts   Page 1 of 32   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Hi. I’ve set this thread up to provide as much information as possible on how we’re managing our queue of registrations, orders and shipping to customers.

So, starting with existing Raspberry Pi orders and the shipping of these to customers, here’s the current position:

• We have 75,000 Raspberry Pi’s coming into stock in batches from the beginning of June to early July

• Orders were taken for these Pi’s from customers invited into our Pi store from mid-May through to the beginning of June.

We’re now shipping these Pi’s out to customers, and although there have been a couple of hiccups with some of the initial deliveries, the reasons have been identified, and we’re now working to a revised schedule to catch up. This schedule is below, and can be used as a guide for everyone who ordered up to early June on when they are likely to receive their Raspberry Pi.

Please note - any customer who received erroneous shipping notifications last week should receive their order this week.

We have also resolved problems with shipping to customers in Russia who should receive their orders across the next few weeks.

Onto the remainder of our queue, and what we’re doing to fulfil demand here.

• We emailed everyone still in the queue (registrations from 6 March onwards) last weekend, to let them know where they are in the queue, and the date of registration we hold

• Our next 100,000 Raspberry Pi’s will arrive into RS in batches between mid-August and the end of September

• From this afternoon (UK time) we're starting to invite people in to place their orders for one of these Raspberry Pi’s.

We will be inviting people to the store based on their date of registration across this week and next week. We’ve also put together a guide on what we estimate this means for lead-times for people invited in, assuming they place their order on the day of invitation. This schedule is below, and again, can be used as guide for anyone waiting to place their order

*Please note that the information in both tables are estimates, and subject to change. We're working hard to improve the lead-time estimates stated in the order invitation table

Jo, Vic and myself will keep posting on the forum to keep everyone up-to-date, and hopefully to answer some of your questions

Cheers
Mike
Attachments
1 Order shipping table.JPG
1 Order shipping table.JPG (11.19 KiB) Viewed 35115 times
2 Order invitation schedule.JPG
2 Order invitation schedule.JPG (43.63 KiB) Viewed 35115 times
by jarrodr » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:01 pm
I wait patiently to receive my invitation to order ;) , I registered on the 8th of March.
by Frog Pi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 pm
Thanks for that update. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover orders as old as mine (ref 213xx) which have not yet been despatched. Are you able to give some insight into their status ?
by bwoodbury » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 pm
Any idea about orders from Allied - mine was on March 3 Order # 2500072540. It was an actual pre-order not an expression of interest, so no follow up invite to RS shop
by tdacook » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm
What about orders from March 5th? Are they a part of the March 6th and onward shipments?
I have not received an email with an updated shipment date yet.

Thanks for any help!
by Montala » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm
Sorry... I have just deleted what I had written. as I now realise that the first table refers to Order Numbers, and so should give me a much better idea as to when I should receive my Raspberry Pi.... which as mine is 682** and assuming I am reading the table correctly, looks like being the w/c 8th July! :o
by gyeben » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 pm
Can you give any information about how many orders have been registered until now?
by DuncanKennedy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm
bwoodbury wrote:Any idea about orders from Allied - mine was on March 3 Order # 2500072540. It was an actual pre-order not an expression of interest, so no follow up invite to RS shop

I'd like to second that - I've got a confirmed order placed on the evening of March 5/6, yet there is no information about deliveries to those of us with pre-orders. I would hope pre-orders are at least being given the same level of attention that expressions of interest are being given
Duncan
The mind is an infinite resource, provided you don't waste it!
by bramblejam » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:57 pm
We ordered ours on Feb 28th and our card details were taken in March. When we phoned in May we were told we should get our Raspberry Pi on Aug 5th.

From what you've posted it seems we've now missed the boat and orders have all been despatched up to March 6th. I have been replying to all your tweets but never get a reply. Please can someone tell me what is going on!
by gyeben » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm
Can you give us some information about how many Pis have been ordered until today?
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:40 pm
bramblejam wrote:We ordered ours on Feb 28th and our card details were taken in March. When we phoned in May we were told we should get our Raspberry Pi on Aug 5th.

From what you've posted it seems we've now missed the boat and orders have all been despatched up to March 6th. I have been replying to all your tweets but never get a reply. Please can someone tell me what is going on!

Can you send me your order reference (send to Raspberrypi@rswww.com with Mike@RS in the title and I'll see what's going on
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:44 pm
gyeben wrote:Can you give us some information about how many Pis have been ordered until today?

All 75,000 we have coming in across June and July were ordered by early June, so we're now starting to take orders from those people not yet invited which will be supplied from the next 100,000 Pis coming in from mid August.
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 pm
bwoodbury wrote:Any idea about orders from Allied - mine was on March 3 Order # 2500072540. It was an actual pre-order not an expression of interest, so no follow up invite to RS shop

Hi - those of you who placed pre-orders with Allied should receive a communication from them in the next couple of weeks advising the lead-time for delivery. We've been working with the team in Allied on how they will fulfill these orders, which we're now clear about so communications should start very shortly.
by Mike@RS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm
Frog Pi wrote:Thanks for that update. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover orders as old as mine (ref 213xx) which have not yet been despatched. Are you able to give some insight into their status ?

Hi - if you can send me your order reference (email raspberrypi@rswww.com, referencing Mike@RS in the title) I'll see what I can find out.
by liz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 pm
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer these, Mike - especially on a football night! ;)
--
Head of Comms, Raspberry Pi Foundation
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
by gyeben » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm
Mike@RS wrote:
gyeben wrote:Can you give us some information about how many Pis have been ordered until today?

All 75,000 we have coming in across June and July were ordered by early June, so we're now starting to take orders from those people not yet invited which will be supplied from the next 100,000 Pis coming in from mid August.

Thanks for your answer, Mike. :)
by Frog Pi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 pm
Mike@RS wrote:
Frog Pi wrote:Thanks for that update. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover orders as old as mine (ref 213xx) which have not yet been despatched. Are you able to give some insight into their status ?

Hi - if you can send me your order reference (email raspberrypi@rswww.com, referencing Mike@RS in the title) I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for the swift response.

I actually already sent you a mail yesterday (Monday) at 10:22 BST, so hopefully you can manage to find it and let me know the status.
by sh4d0w0lf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 am
Thanks for updating us mike :) I was starting to worry about my order there.

after some calculations its looking like my pi would most likely be sent out on thursday 8-)

Really cant wait to get my hands on the thing :twisted:
by pauldow » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 am
I'm surprised that the lead times are getting longer.

It's a good thing the people in the foundation caught on that the 10,000 unit batches wouldn't work.

Is there any guess when multiple units could be ordered?
by Vic@RS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 am
tdacook wrote:What about orders from March 5th? Are they a part of the March 6th and onward shipments?
I have not received an email with an updated shipment date yet.

Thanks for any help!

Hi - Have you received your invitation to order email and placed your order? If so please see the Order shipping table, this will give you information of when your order will be despatched based on order number.
by kimuji » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am
order 215xx Sat, 19 May 2012,

still no news, and there's people with later orders who already received it apparently :(
by vortical » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:51 am
Hello, Thank you for the update but I must say at this point I am starting to get a little annoyed,
I registered my interest way back in march and was very happy to then get to order my Pi on May the 24th (Despatch expected within 3 week ) but now that time has gone I find my self looking at updates and hoping for emails again.

This all in its self would not be so bad if not for the fact my friend who started this all 2 days after me in march with Farnell element14 has had this Pi for over 3 weeks now.
by unclebeuford » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 pm
Will each order get shipping confirmation? I know I have not from my order on March 6th. And after checking my Order History, the status still remains at Back Order.
by Mike@RS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm
unclebeuford wrote:Will each order get shipping confirmation? I know I have not from my order on March 6th. And after checking my Order History, the status still remains at Back Order.

Hi - can you send me your order number (send to raspberrypi@rswww.com - referencing Mike@:RS in the title) and i'll investigate
by Mike@RS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:57 pm
kimuji wrote:order 215xx Sat, 19 May 2012,

still no news, and there's people with later orders who already received it apparently :(

Hi - sorry about this. Can you send me your order number (email raspberrypi@rswww.com with Mike@RS in the subject line) and i'll get some more information on what's happened.