Where and How can I get a Raspberry Pi? in Brazil

9 posts
by GeeHenrique » Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm
Hello I wonder how I can buy Raspberry Pi in Brazil has somewebsite that can sell for Brazil /'m new to the forum then I'm sorry for creating the topic!
by Jongoleur » Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 pm
GeeHenrique said:

Hello I wonder how I can buy Raspberry Pi in Brazil has somewebsite that can sell for Brazil /'m new to the forum then I'm sorry for creating the topic!

You can always try the local representatives of the distributors, RS and Farnell.

Googling works wonders, but to help, have a look at:

http://www.rs-components.com/index.html

http://www.farnellnewark.com.br/
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...
by n3tw0rk5 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:07 am
Probably best to try RS Components as Farnell still weren't shipping to Brazil when I checked last week.

http://int.rsdelivers.com/camp.....ry/pi.aspx
by carlosbpf » Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 pm
Right now there is no way to get the Pi delivered to Brazil, the best we can do is have it delivered in a PO box service to forward the Pi as soon as it arrives. The problem is that the 35$ computer becomes an overwhelming 350$ at least. So the project is very nice but for the Brazilian market is cheaper to buy a netbook.
by fsegura » Sat May 19, 2012 3:13 am
Our problem is darn simple: most, if not all, electronic components distributors operating in Brazil are multinational companies that do not take our market seriously. That or they think we are still living in tents and giving away Pau Brasil in exchange of mirrors and necklaces.

See, there is Farnell. They probably will bring us RPi, but hell will freeze over before they honor the intended sell price, and, like mostly everyone else, allegedly on the account of our tributes. Which is, also, most likely a stinking lie. Bitter? Nah, realistic. One example: TI's Launchpad. Sold by themselves for US$4. Farnell is their distributor here, they have the same kit for sale, but at R$24,66. FYI, a dollar is worth about 2 reais at this point. Three times the price. It's not that expensive, of course. I could buy one myself. But these are intended to be learning platforms, to form new developers, aren't they? What the distributors are doing is perverse, in the sense that it prevents new ideas to take form. An arduino board is well over US$50 here, plus shipping charges. I may be wrong, but they might as well think we all make as much money as the half-dozen people that own Salvador's Carnaval (I can go deeper on this, but that'd be off-topic).

I'm willing to buy a lot of RPi's for me and my friends, perhaps five units, share shipping and import taxes. I hope RS will ship'em here, or we'll have to trouble another friend who's living in Europe to finally put our hands on some Pi.
by MacBlasterBR » Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 pm
Thats isn't really true. Today i get the permission from RS Components (\o/), allowing me buy a Raspberry Pi (i live in Brazil), so don't give up!

When my raspberry pi arrive, i sure that i will need some help from you guys! ;)

(soory for the poor english)
by Douglas Gazineu » Thu May 24, 2012 1:00 pm
@ MacBlasterBR

Please provide details about this "permission"... have you only registered your interest and they replied to you? Or have you used another link/way to get it?

I have searched on RS Components page and it appears the product is waiting for a second batch.

Thanks in advance.
by rafaelweingartner » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 pm
MacBlasterBR wrote:Thats isn't really true. Today i get the permission from RS Components (\o/), allowing me buy a Raspberry Pi (i live in Brazil), so don't give up!

When my raspberry pi arrive, i sure that i will need some help from you guys! ;)

(soory for the poor english)

Can you tell us something about this "permission"?
by fsegura » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 pm
rafaelweingartner wrote:Can you tell us something about this "permission"?

I think he means the code. Since there's a line of buyers, distributors are issuing codes to those who subscribed to buy a RPi, currently limited to one per person. When your turn comes, they send you a code that will be asked for during purchase, or something like that. I wouldn't really know how it actually pans out because my turn is yet to come :mrgreen: .