Invitation to order from RS

576 posts   Page 10 of 24   1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24
by Montala » Fri May 18, 2012 5:52 pm
I am in the UK and registered on 6th March, but haven't received an invitation to order yet.
Hopefully it will be in the next 'batch'... whenever that will be! :?
by HerrMaulwurf » Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 pm
You should at first check your Spam/Junk folder, some of the weekly notification/newsletter mails from RS Online end up in my Spam folder on Google Mail. Dunno why...

cu
HerrMaulwurf
by Montala » Fri May 18, 2012 6:14 pm
HerrMaulwurf wrote:You should at first check your Spam/Junk folder, some of the weekly notification/newsletter mails from RS Online end up in my Spam folder on Google Mail. Dunno why...

cu
HerrMaulwurf

Thanks, but that is under constant surveillance also.
The last email I had from them was over 10 days ago, and that didn't really tell me anything useful!
by ScoobyDoo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm
Same here Montala, I registered on the 3rd March but haven't received any invitation yet. If 100,000 did order on the first day then I'm afraid we are going to have a wait :(
by chorlton » Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 pm
You have got to be kidding me!

An email from RS has arrived this evening with my invite to buy. It provides my order code and a link to the rsdelivers.com site.

Choose the product, fill in delivery/billing details, select PayPal as payment option then choose the big blue "Payment >>" button... and it's taken me back to the "Enter the Store" page where I started. And the order code is a one off so can't be re-used.

What a farce. :evil:
by ScoobyDoo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm
Looks like the queuing system at RS hasn't worked as intended.
Some people who registered on the 4th march have received invites while others who registered on release day and before the 4th March have received nothing.
by HerrMaulwurf » Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 pm
chorlton wrote:You have got to be kidding me!

Choose the product, fill in delivery/billing details, select PayPal as payment option then choose the big blue "Payment >>" button... and it's taken me back to the "Enter the Store" page where I started. And the order code is a one off so can't be re-used.

Simply contact the RS Online support and provide them your email address and activation code. I bet you'll get a new activation key as long as they see in their management panel that you haven't pay your order.
by Sweden » Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 pm
Can happily confirm that i received my Pi today from RS, order number was 45XX
by artesea » Sat May 19, 2012 7:49 am
chorlton wrote:You have got to be kidding me!

An email from RS has arrived this evening with my invite to buy. It provides my order code and a link to the rsdelivers.com site.

As long as the order hasn't completed you can retry the code later. For me I tried to order on my mobile, but their JavaScript stopped me entering my telephone number.
Used the same confirmation code on my PC and hour later and I got an order number.
by Montala » Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 am
artesea wrote:As long as the order hasn't completed you can retry the code later. For me I tried to order on my mobile, but their JavaScript stopped me entering my telephone number.
Used the same confirmation code on my PC and hour later and I got an order number.

Apparently it takes a little while for the servers (or whatever) to reset themselves after a failed attempt, so it is best to leave it for at least a couple of hours before trying again. I am sure that you will get there in the end though!
by chorlton » Sat May 19, 2012 7:54 pm
Second attempt seems to have worked tonight. Minor niggle but dispatch estimate was 3 weeks yesterday and is 4 weeks today - but I've waited this long... :D
by ThomasPRoberts » Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 pm
So, I thought I posted this earlier and it might have just got lost in the move......... or I'm just going crazy and I never did it.

I've noticed that RS Components UK Charger is out of stock till June. This will probably mean orders that have that included probably won't get delivered till it is back in stock... Shame as I added one to my order yesterday.
by jlyder » Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 pm
I had the same experience until I realised I had included a full stop. in my copy and paste. RS have accepted my order. Wow!
by JohnW » Sun May 20, 2012 6:49 pm
ThomasPRoberts wrote:So, I thought I posted this earlier and it might have just got lost in the move......... or I'm just going crazy and I never did it.

I've noticed that RS Components UK Charger is out of stock till June. This will probably mean orders that have that included probably won't get delivered till it is back in stock... Shame as I added one to my order yesterday.

That one is starting to worry me as well. I placed my order on Tuesday (61xx). The description in the e-mail said they would be shipping within a week, but the actual order said 3 weeks. I hope the difference is not the power supply, particularly as it was listed as in stock when I placed the order.
There are rumours that some people who ordered on Tuesday already have PI, not sure whether it is the charger, or whether it is orders <6k that have been shipped (knew I shouldn't have waited til I got home to order).
by sifar » Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 am
I received an invite code from RS last week. It worked fine.

The delivery time said 4 weeks ...
by Raspberry wino » Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 am
Montala wrote:I am in the UK and registered on 6th March, but haven't received an invitation to order yet.
Hopefully it will be in the next 'batch'... whenever that will be! :?

"Next batch"? I think I'm a couple of days ahead of you and I haven't been invited to order yet. RS got 100,000 registrations on the first day so I'm not expecting to be offered one very soon.

Maybe we're in the first half million if we're lucky!

I can wait.
by KnightInd2000 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm
JohnW wrote:That one is starting to worry me as well. I placed my order on Tuesday (61xx). The description in the e-mail said they would be shipping within a week, but the actual order said 3 weeks. I hope the difference is not the power supply, particularly as it was listed as in stock when I placed the order.
There are rumours that some people who ordered on Tuesday already have PI, not sure whether it is the charger, or whether it is orders <6k that have been shipped (knew I shouldn't have waited til I got home to order).

Very similar to my situation. I got the invite email, stating 7 day delivery, on Tuesday 18th at 16:00(BST) but didn't see it until about 19:00 that evening. :roll: Placed order with HDMI cable (in stock) and then got the 3 week delivery confirmation. Order number is also 61xx.

How frustrating it is to see that people who ordered shortly after 16:00 (and got a 5xxx order number) have already received theirs and yet we've heard nothing! Who knew that a few hours would equal another 3 weeks? :shock:

I understood that the whole RS philosophy was to only except orders when then have actual STOCK that they can allocate. Pffffft
by notdodgy » Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 pm
I submitted the RS form on launch day, when the servers were a little bit overloaded.
Not heard a thing from RS.

Chances are if it is being classed as spam then I would not have heard from them.
(With my hosting, some spam is deleted, some is allow through with a possible spam warning).
More likely that the RS system lost my request.

I had more success with ordering from Farnell, so in theory it is now due sometime this week.
by henny » Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm
I received my invite on the 4th may and placed my order that day, got an email back with order number 32xx and it said it would be sent in the next 7 days, still waiting now and had no more email updates, tried calling RS tonight but apparently the raspberry pi department only works 9-5 but I have been given 2 names and direct phone numbers of the 2 people who are that department.

Henny
by johna8 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm
If anyone has a code to spare? I wouldn't mind one johna8 at gmail
by Trevor » Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 am
Trevor wrote:Thank you for your Raspberry Pi order, your order reference number is: 5541

So they are ticking over quite fast. I also got the error message though earlier in the process.

I just received my slice of the pi :D

by Montala » Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 am
johna8 wrote:If anyone has a code to spare? I wouldn't mind one johna8 at gmail

I can't really decide just how seriously to take your request, and as it is only your second post on here (both of which were asking for a code), perhaps you have suddenly just 'discovered' the Raspberry Pi, and thought to yourself, "That looks interesting, I wouldn't mind one of those", or it could just be that you just never got round to ordering one when they were first announced.
In case you weren't aware however, many folk who are desperate to obtain one, and who managed to place an order nearly three months ago, are still waiting for it to be delivered, and even if you were to place an order now you would probably have to wait until August, or thereabouts, which I guess you don't want to do, so I suggest that you have a look on EBay, where prices are not now as high as they once were, and buy one from there.
Good luck!
by qiou » Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 am
Hi,

Successfully ordered with RS on May 18th (invitation sent on may 17th).
Order number : 15749.
Ordered Pi + european power adapter.
Expected despatch time : 3 weeks.

Waiting for 1st week of June for news about my order.

/Q
by pjsramos » Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 am
I don't understand why i am still waiting for an email from RS to order my Raspberry.
One off my work colleges have received is code and but have registered is interests later than me.

I have emailed RS but i don,t have an answer.

Its unfair waking up in the middle of the night on the launch day to order one ... i felling a bit stupid.

Its life.
Raspberry Pi em Português
http://tartedeframboesas.blogspot.pt/
by grumpyoldgit » Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 am
pjsramos wrote:I don't understand why i am still waiting for an email from RS to order my Raspberry.
One off my work colleges have received is code and but have registered is interests later than me.

I have emailed RS but i don,t have an answer.

Its unfair waking up in the middle of the night on the launch day to order one ... i felling a bit stupid.

Its life.

RS have been sending out updates on an almost weekly basis to people who went on-line and "expressed an interest". If you have not been receiving those emails then it is unlikely you are on their computer.