Anyone in the US get a ship date from Newark (Element/14)

189 posts   Page 8 of 8   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
by richl796 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:13 pm
Ok, I placed my order with Newark on April 10 and last night I got an email with a UPS tracking number. I had one of the oders that recently slipped from July 5 to July 12 so anyone else who saw those dates may want to check their accounts. Good luck to all.
by sdjf » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 am
People who place orders at Newark.com are in their own queue, as I understand it. How Farnell/Newark figure out where to send their shipments, whether to their UK or USA offices, is their thing.

If someone wants to pay reasonable shipping and they live in either the UK or USA, then it makes more sense to order from the appropriate site in their home country, to avoid paying international shipping fees. The trouble is that customers are getting the two basic vendors mixed up (RS/ALLied vs. Farnell/Newark) and that the companies have had a hard time processing orders in precise order. And when people post for comparison, it is like comparing apples and red potatoes - they are different. That was the reason someone started this thread - so people ordering from Newark/Element14 could compare shipping dates.

But it seems to me that mixing orders placed at the two different sites owned by the same company does not make sense - since the company is not doing what it ought to be doing, and farming out it's USA-destined orders to be shipped from the USA, and UK-bound orders to be shipped from the UK.

Newark and Farnell are functioning somewhat independently, as far as distribution goes, as I understand it.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by computerpie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:35 pm
I placed my order with Newark on May 7th. My ship date has been Aug 16th since I ordered. I looked today and now its Aug 15th... :lol:

I guess I've moved from the "Waiting to get on the Waiting List" to the actual "Waiting List" :D
Pi1>OS: Rasbian Pi2>OS:Xbian .63
1:HDMI>>DVI>>Flat Screen Monitor
2: HDMI>>Toshiba 37" LCD
1:ASUS Wired USB Keyboard and Mouse
2:Logitech wireless mouse, CEC remote
SanDisk SDHC C4 8GB SD
by rfolkker » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:29 pm
The Newark ship date does change by a couple days randomly, but always seems to go back to August 16th (at least you are not the only one who has that ship date).

Sounds like they are going to be sending a lot of units out that day:).

Anyways, yesterday mine was also moved up to the 15th, but it's back to the 16th today.

I would assume in the next couple weeks the actual ship date should end up being listed... but until than, it looks like we just have to wait and see.
by khurtwilliams » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 pm
diatumstream wrote:
Another March 12 order here. I watched as my 4 months long Back Order status changed to Received for a day and a half...with expected ship date June 28th. It is back to Back Order today 6/29....and the expected ship date is July 5th. I had a nice chat with Newark/Element 14 agent who was as stunned as I was that the Raspi Pi foundation would not take pre orders for the Pi. There was a mention of pre ordering in the FAQ that stated they didnt need our money and that the pi was adequately funded( as if that is the reason I pre order ANYTHING) I pre ordered Skyrim so I could play it on 11/11/11, not so Bethesda could pay for Christopher Plummer to voice a Grey Beard. Now most all the gleam is off this would be gem of a beam of goodwill with the foundation shrugging off the debacle of the release, saying the same thing happened to Apple on their release. Now the Pi is on par with the disappointment that Prometheus was....and the Avengers was not and that the Dark Knight Rises, Bioshock: Infinite, and the Hobbit hopefully are not.

I ranted about it on my Tumblr blog and then Newark/Element 14's Facebook page, and then again on Google+ and then posted comments to twitter mentioned them publicy.

I still have no RPi but I did get a free t-shirt, a shopping bag and a hand written note with an apology. I then received and email - while I was on vacation in Canada and without access to my US data plan - that my credit card had expired. I just cleared that up and hopefully will get a RPi soon.
by rfolkker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 pm
Just got the email, My Pi is in the mail (Ok, UPS, but that still works for me:).
Nice to see it was sent out one month early. The irony is I am on vacation next week...

Can't wait to post about playing with it, rather than waiting for it.
by macuxpc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:34 pm
Hi All,

Just wanted to update people that my Newark order was shipped today - yay! It's on the way :shock:

I had ordered on April 23rd and had an expected shipment date of August 15th, so I almost fell off my chair, when I saw the shipment confirmation email just now.

I'll have to work on setting up an SD card tonight :-)

Hope everyone else will get theirs soon, too.
by computerpie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 am
Pi's are shipping.. :D
I ordered mine May 7th and it shipped today. My est ship date has been Aug 16th and then 15th and today went back to Aug 16th.
Got a conf email they billed my credit card and it shows shipped online July 11th. Just got a shipping conf email with a tracking number... 8-)
SanDisk SDHC C4 8GB SD
by macuxpc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:25 pm
macuxpc wrote:Hi All,

Just wanted to update people that my Newark order was shipped today - yay! It's on the way :shock:

I had ordered on April 23rd and had an expected shipment date of August 15th, so I almost fell off my chair, when I saw the shipment confirmation email just now.

Pretty funny, I just checked my tracking with UPS and scheduled delivery is Friday the 13th. :o

Glad I'm not superstitious :roll:
by computerpie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 pm
Ha! Mine scheduled to be delivered "by the end of the day" Friday 13th too!

Wonder if it comes with a chainsaw or very large knife !!!!!!!!! :o

It's cool tho, will be easy to remember the day our Pi's were born on (brought to life). :D
SanDisk SDHC C4 8GB SD
by zoo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am
I ordered my Pi from Newark on June 4 and it shipped yesterday (July 11). Will be delivered tomorrow. Not sure why mine is shipping before a lot of others with earlier order dates but im not complaining.
by linuxbman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 pm
linuxbman wrote:
linuxbman wrote:
linuxbman wrote:I ordered March 29, and still have the Aug 16 date. I emailed them a week ago and asked if there was an update (after that post on here saying everyone will have a firm ship date by mid May) and was told end of June. It'd be nice if the ship date on the site reflected that.

I am getting antsy in the pantsy for this order. I have much to do with it....

Allow me to grumble a bit, though it is a waste of time I'm sure. The website has been saying for the past few weeks June 28th is my shipping date. Checked today, and it is July 5th. I am disappoint.

Aaaaaaand bumped again to July 12th. So unimpressed. I'm very tempted to give them a piece of my mind, but nothing would come of it, so I won't. I will just make alot of noise on the interwebs.

Got bumped to July 16. Checked today, it is now 23rd. Apparently they don't want my money or business.
by payturr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm
I recently ordered a Pi from Newark on July 09, got the est. shipping date of August 16.. Got bumped up to July 23rd :D Overly excited for it.
by mcpderez » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:32 am
mcpderez wrote:My ship date has now slipped again from July 13 to July 16.

It turned out they shipped it on July 10, and I received it on July 12. This was for an order placed on newark.com on April 13.