Anyone in the US get a ship date from Newark (Element/14)

189 posts   Page 5 of 8   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
by fromagique » Thu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm
I called Newark this morning, and a very nice customer support person looked at my order and said she'd have to research it and call me back. She didn't seem to know that Spartanburg is right next door (relatively speaking) to Newark's warehouse in Gaffney, SC, which is where I would venture to guess that the Pi was shipped from. So the customer service people are not at the same location as the packing and shipping. Anyway, it's been a couple hours and no callback yet.
by vital3d » Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm
An update on my shipping. Evidently UPS.com is not displaying all of the events for those shipments. I went to http://www.packagetrackr.com with my tracking number, and it is out for delivery today.

Try that and see if you see some additional events.
by Swiftek » Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 pm
Not sure if this is relevant, but there was a rather nasty tropical storm named Beryl pounding the East coast recently. I could picture a truck turning right around and heading back to where it started in that kind of mess.
by Eros » Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 pm
Just had an e-mail with tracking info, just got shipped (May 31st) Only 2 days later than the May 29th date which I had on my status for a while.

I think it is with FedEX but hasnt been scanned yet so i cant work out where it is yet. :D exciting times
by vital3d » Thu May 31, 2012 8:13 pm
Mine was delivered. Good luck everyone. :)
by kdar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:20 am
Ordered on March 3rd, just got one today :D .
by hazard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 am
fromagique wrote:I called Newark this morning, and a very nice customer support person looked at my order and said she'd have to research it and call me back. She didn't seem to know that Spartanburg is right next door (relatively speaking) to Newark's warehouse in Gaffney, SC, which is where I would venture to guess that the Pi was shipped from. So the customer service people are not at the same location as the packing and shipping. Anyway, it's been a couple hours and no callback yet.

Did you ever get a callback?

I'm in the same situation and checked packagetrackr.com which shows the original destination but shows it was delivered back to SC which matches the UPS tracking page.

No updates since on the tracking page, by email nor on the order history page. :?
by eastpole » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:12 am
eastpole wrote:
eastpole wrote:eastpole said:
I'm a few places behind [GoSensGo] in line, order # 162XXX, Date Order Was Placed : 29/02/12 9:25 AM. (That's EST.) Also in Canada.
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 20:55:39 -0000
Subject: Great News! Your Raspberry Pi is on its way . 
I believe it has shipped!
Subject: Newark/element14 Shipping Confirmation, Order 162XXX
Date: 30 May 2012 12:01:33 -0500
Shipment Date: 05/30/2012 11:27:01
My Pi arrived this afternoon (1 Jun 2012). The delivery guy told me he did not have a large batch of them, so I feel special. :)
by nicknml » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 pm
My expected ship date got pushed back slightly further to the 21st of June.
by fromagique » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 pm
@hazard: I never got a callback. I just called them again (24 hours later) and spoke to another customer service person (not quite as nice, but that's neither here nor there...) who had me on hold for a couple minutes, then came back with the following: UPS shows got some of the tracking numbers mixed up, and they'll be emailing me my true tracking number today or Monday.

Do I believe him? Um, actually, no.

What I suspect happened is that either someone at Newark put their own warehouse's address in both the From and To fields, causing it to come right back a day later, or the UPS people somehow sent the packages back where they came from. Either way, I suspect the "true tracking number" is actually them resending the package from the Spartanburg warehouse, or pulling one from the batch they have and sending it out rather than looking around for it.

I hate to be cynical like that, but... all the bouncing ship dates and this delivery FUBAR have got me a little world-weary. You can draw your own conclusions from the evidence, and we'll see how this soap opera plays out... people have done live broadcasts with gravitas and grave harrumphing on far less evidence, so nothing's stopping us from doing the same. :)
by fromagique » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 pm
Sorry, that should be "UPS got" rather than "UPS shows got". Speeding is a crime in typing as well as driving.
by hazard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:00 pm
I just finished a web chat with them and was told that they were aware of the problem, that it has been corrected and that I would receive an email update about it in the next few days. I even sent them screenshot evidence, however I think they were just telling me what I wanted to hear. So we'll see. Hopefully the RbPi simply shows up with or without a legitimate tracking number.
by buque » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm
my pi also showed delivered in SC 2 days before i got it here in FL.
by fromagique » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm
@hazard: Bizarrely enough, with all this hoopla with UPS, I noticed that the invoice shown to me by the Newark website states that my Pi was shipped by USPS Priority Mail. At this point, the truth is becoming murkier by the second.
by kevlar2010 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:25 pm
I received a ship date from Newark (Element/14) of June 18. I received notice this morning that mine has shipped ground. I am in the US.
by Eros » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm
Just got my two today :D Cant test however due to the following

1) SD cards i got (long long ago) are on the list that dont work (booooooooo, but oh well they can go in my camera :D )
2) Looks like my keyboard/mouse wants too much power, Ill likely use a powered hub :D

I can say that one of them at least is alive and gives me some stuff on the screen... YAY
by Sailing_Nut » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 pm
Well, at long last I got an e-mail saying that mine has shipped! YAY!

The tracking number is still not valid on the UPS web site, but it will probably catch up over night.

Hope everyone that has gotten theirs is having fun and wishing everyone else patience!
by welsberr » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:46 pm
My UPS tracking had the odd "Delivered" status at Spartanburg, SC, but arrived on my doorstep on schedule.
by Lob0426 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 am
Received an E-mail from Newark on 5/31 saying my card had expired and I had 48 hours to contact them. Called them today 6/1 and updated the date and security number. Received an E-mail saying the Raspberry Pi has shipped. order# 169xxx I ordered on 2/29 at 9:28 but Newark showed me at 3/1. So I believe that the info was transfered to Newark from Farnell global and that is why I am getting it so late. They went by date rather than by the order number. This probably happened to a lot of us in the good old U.S.A.
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with 512MB
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!
by fromagique » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 am
@welsberr: That's very good to hear. Mine was supposed to arrive Monday, 6/4, so we'll see what happens.
by doomguy5 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:37 pm
I ordered on February 29th, and was told by e-mail mine would be shipping the week of May 29th. It did not ship and the date's been moved back until June 21st.

That's ridiculous -- people ordering after me have receiver theirs.
by JeremyF » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:04 pm
I was originally June 18, but just got moved forward to June 12. Yes!
{sig} Setup: Original version Raspberry Pi (B, rev1, 256MB), Dell 2001FP monitor (1600x1200), 8GB Class 4 SD Card with Raspbian and XBMC, DD-WRT wireless bridge
by wolfgangmob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:31 pm
doomguy5 wrote:I ordered on February 29th, and was told by e-mail mine would be shipping the week of May 29th. It did not ship and the date's been moved back until June 21st.

That's ridiculous -- people ordering after me have receiver theirs.

I ordered March 13, had my ship date move from April to August to June 18 and now June 21 as well. If it doesn't ship before the end of June I'm definitely thinking about canceling my order based solely on the issues of sticking to a date.
by Swiftek » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm
Considering that the entire point of the Raspberry Pi is a purely non-profit effort to educate and improve the world through technology, I'm choosing to focus on that sans everything else.

I won't complain about availability, shipping dates, prices, or communications; threaten to cancel my order; or give anyone any reason to pull their support for this worthy project.

I deeply thank the Raspberry Pi Foundation and Newark/element14 for all their hard work and solid results in making this program happen, and I will be perfectly happy with whatever they can provide, whenever it's possible.

Keep up the good work everyone and remember that your efforts are greatly appreciated.
by wolfgangmob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 pm
Swiftek wrote:Considering that the entire point of the Raspberry Pi is a purely non-profit effort to educate and improve the world through technology, I'm choosing to focus on that sans everything else.

I won't complain about availability, shipping dates, prices, or communications; threaten to cancel my order; or give anyone any reason to pull their support for this worthy project.

I deeply thank the Raspberry Pi Foundation and Newark/element14 for all their hard work and solid results in making this program happen, and I will be perfectly happy with whatever they can provide, whenever it's possible.

Keep up the good work everyone and remember that your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I understand the project but it will never impact me as I'm doing higher level work in university. The end goal may be effective in the UK, but many places in the US I can think of much better use of funds, I've done work with a few school districts and happened to be in on budgeting and working on solutions for the schools, this would simply not go in many schools as the number of people interested in and truly dedicated to this is maybe five on the high end on a good year. I also know how a date set beck would throw off a budget plan, a set back in the summer can destroy good planning for the school year, shipments getting set back unexpectedly may cause them to lose a sale not just for a year but forever as the person may look elsewhere out of reliability concerns. While the poor reliability may only be a teething issue it is the first impression and that can kill this more than anything else, especially in other countries where the foundation isn't the "local option". You can focus on the education aspect all you want, but if it gets a poor reputation for meeting deadlines people needing a solution that will last them 2, 5, maybe even 10 years (as is the case in some districts) may not see it as a reliable solution and worry it will not be around when support is needed.