Anyone in the US get a ship date from Newark (Element/14)

189 posts   Page 7 of 8   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
by khurtwilliams » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:22 am
Hmm ... I ordered March 12th. Initial email said it would ship in May. Then followup email in April said the end of June. It's June 25th and I have yet to receive any further communication on my order. I expect to be disappointed. It would seem being among the first to order makes no different as to when one might receive a RPi.

I'm at a stage of VERY quiet anger and frustration.
by Phil Spiegel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 pm
khurtwilliams wrote:Hmm ... I ordered March 12th. Initial email said it would ship in May. Then followup email in April said the end of June. It's June 25th and I have yet to receive any further communication on my order. I expect to be disappointed. It would seem being among the first to order makes no different as to when one might receive a RPi.

March 12th was nowhere near an 'early' order ! Looking at the numbers quoted by recipients, for MOST people, its only just moved off the first few days ! (My May 3rd order was delivered Saturday 23rd June. My RS 'expression of interest' from Day1, but a few hours in {after failing at 6.00}, has yet to be despatched ... it was the end of May 31st? when I had the invite to order, and then 5 weeks to estimated delivery.. which is about 2 weeks away still.
by bwoodbury » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm
I submitted a pre-order through Element14/Newark in Canada on March 4. Pi arrived today :D :)
by khurtwilliams » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm
Phil Spiegel wrote:
March 12th was nowhere near an 'early' order !

I never said it was. I was voicing frustration at not knowing at ALL when/if my order would ever ship. hey should be specific and if they can not then say that as well.

I would rather be told "we don't know", than have repeated promises of a "soon" ship date that is always incorrect.
by brosch » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm
Yep, got a shipping date. 8/16, just like everyone else from the mass-change.
On the item page, I've had dates that have changed from late May, early June, and last was late June. Then about a week ago they removed the item page and changed it to an interest page.
The whole time my date from the order summary page was 8/16.

Now I ordered my Pi on 4/18. Direct order, no pre-order, no express interest.
With that in mind, I figured that it should be here late June, because ""All orders prior to 4/18 will be shipped by the end of June". (Paraphrased version of the 4/27 email which went to everyone except me...)

Well, when checking my order page, it still shows back-ordered and expected to ship 8/16. Doesn't quite make sense anymore, so I contact Newark.

I give the CS person my order information and everything, and I'm told that my expected ship date is now in September. After several go arounds about this, including that people have reported ordering their unit in May, and also receiving it in May, I finally get a statement of "Well, it should ship mid-August, but I told you September so if you get it before that you would be happy" (paraphrased again, I have the full log).

Now I'm really frustrated. They promised orders before 4/18 by the end of June. Even with that slipping a week isn't a big issue. They've promised orders after 4/18 as July-August.

And then they tell me that my order of 4/18 (which they never made a promise for) is due in September.

I place an entry about this on the 4/27 promise blog at Newark. Get a note from Newark that they sent me a private message. Check that, and find that they want my order information in order to see what's going on.

I pass this information on to them as a reply to the private message. A day later, I finally get a response. My Pi, ordered on 4/18 and missing promised dates of "before 4/18" is expected to ship on 8/16. Yep, the very same day that is listed on my order status page.

Now if all of the orders prior to 4/18 ship end of June, first week of July like they are saying, that means that there are either no shipments being made for about 6 weeks, or that there are just so many of us who ordered on 4/18 specifically that it's going to take that long to take care of them.

Well, I don't really believe the second option, as those who ordered after 4/18 are supposed to get them in July/August.

And to make matters worse, you know those emails that they've been sending: the 4/27 promise and the "some orders will be delayed from the end of June to 1st week of July"? I've never gotten them. In fact, the only email messages that I've ever received from Newark is the "Welcome to Newark" and the Order Acknowledgement from 4/18. Nothing since.

Someone in a previous post made a mention of when/if they get their order. At this point, I'm not sure at all about the when.

And yet others have claimed receipt of 2 orders received from Newark.
by diatumstream » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:24 pm
khurtwilliams wrote:Hmm ... I ordered March 12th. Initial email said it would ship in May. Then followup email in April said the end of June. It's June 25th and I have yet to receive any further communication on my order. I expect to be disappointed. It would seem being among the first to order makes no different as to when one might receive a RPi.

Another March 12 order here. I watched as my 4 months long Back Order status changed to Received for a day and a half...with expected ship date June 28th. It is back to Back Order today 6/29....and the expected ship date is July 5th. I had a nice chat with Newark/Element 14 agent who was as stunned as I was that the Raspi Pi foundation would not take pre orders for the Pi. There was a mention of pre ordering in the FAQ that stated they didnt need our money and that the pi was adequately funded( as if that is the reason I pre order ANYTHING) I pre ordered Skyrim so I could play it on 11/11/11, not so Bethesda could pay for Christopher Plummer to voice a Grey Beard. Now most all the gleam is off this would be gem of a beam of goodwill with the foundation shrugging off the debacle of the release, saying the same thing happened to Apple on their release. Now the Pi is on par with the disappointment that Prometheus was....and the Avengers was not and that the Dark Knight Rises, Bioshock: Infinite, and the Hobbit hopefully are not.
by carpainter69 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 am
I ordered mine the first of April and my expected delivery ranged from July to September. I got an email last month from Allied/RS saying my turn had come to order. I ordered it on May 25 and it showed up yesterday. It is AWESOME!!!
by mcpderez » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 am
I ordered April 13 via newark.com. For a few weeks, my order showed estimated ship date of 8/16, but then it was moved up to 7/5. Now, in the last day or two, it has slipped back to 7/13.

I guess I won't get it in time for KansasFest. :cry:
by jbanks6424 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm
I Ordered March 18th....Newark had my ship date listed as 6/28/12 so I thought I would look this morning to see if it shipped...

They have now moved my expected ship date again....to 7/12/12

Very disappointed... :(
by smegthelight » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm
I ordered my Pi from Newark.ca on March 6th, and I just received it on June 29th. There was no email about the shipment, and I have never had a 'Ship Date' on my backorder. The only hint I got that it was coming was that the MicroUSB cable that I ordered with it arrived, by itself, on the 25th.

They were really squeaking that "By the end of June" comment that I have seen made on the web.
by legailutin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 pm
Ordered March 19th. At time of order, it showed my ship date to be June 28. When I checked June 28, it had changed to July 05, and I just noticed it changed again to July 12.

I've never had to go through this motion before. Which makes it kind of a disappointment every time the shipping is postponed.

:(

There is so much I wanted to try with the kids over the summer, so the wait is kind of killing me.
by linuxbman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 pm
linuxbman wrote:
linuxbman wrote:I ordered March 29, and still have the Aug 16 date. I emailed them a week ago and asked if there was an update (after that post on here saying everyone will have a firm ship date by mid May) and was told end of June. It'd be nice if the ship date on the site reflected that.

I am getting antsy in the pantsy for this order. I have much to do with it....

Allow me to grumble a bit, though it is a waste of time I'm sure. The website has been saying for the past few weeks June 28th is my shipping date. Checked today, and it is July 5th. I am disappoint.

Aaaaaaand bumped again to July 12th. So unimpressed. I'm very tempted to give them a piece of my mind, but nothing would come of it, so I won't. I will just make alot of noise on the interwebs.
by kayaker » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm
Same here... I figured I'd check my order, since they said "end of June" My Order Status now says "Credit Review" and in the order detail, the single line item's Status is "Backordered" with Expected Ship Date of: July 5th.

The "Credit Review" status makes some sense, as they wouldn't take a credit card number when I pre-ordered... but you'd think they'd be sending me an e-mail right about now, asking for one. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
by nicknml » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm
Order status has once again changed to received, yet when I click on the detailed version of the order it shows status as back order.
by nicknml » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:39 am
W000T, Finally!. Just got a email that it's being shipped (apparently they are using UPS even though I selected USPS when I ordered)
by legailutin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 am
I guess ranting got me on the shipping list... lol
The status shows that it shipped today via UPS.

Time to get to work. I have a competition to win.
by acxyvb » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:01 pm
Wow, my shipping date has jumped all over the place, from June 28->July 5->July 12 now. Which makes it a round 4 months since my initial preorder date of Mar 12.Severely tempted to drop the order and just pay an additional markup for one off eBay-- at least I know I'll get it, instead of these infinite pushbacks.
by digicub » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm
If Newark was consistent then I wouldn't have an issue.

My order status has gone from Back Order > Received > Back Order with Shipping dates from August > Jun 28 > Jul 5 > July 12.

My frustration is building with their inability to properly manage their inventory. At the very least, show some respect to your customers and under promise and over deliver (instead of the other way around).

*sigh*
by piguy79 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 pm
i ordered my pi on 3/12/12. it would have been sooner but i didn't recognize the email format they sent me after i expressed my interest. anyway i've waited so long that i've lost alot of my interest. but i've recieved two confirmation emails from newark saying they billed me finally and my order is complete and i'll get it when it arrives. so i guess the new batch is ready! i'll have to go and order accessories soon.
by lesliew » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:48 pm
My Pi actually shipped on the 3rd after having the delivery date move back and forth like most of you. So even though last week it was re-scheduled for the 5th or 6th time to ship on the 12th it actually shipped ahead of time.

Originally ordered March 20th, should arrive by UPS on the July 6th.
by Wangateur » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:15 pm
Mine Arrived TODAY in Staten Island NY USA :D
by Roalush » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 am
I don't understand the complaints here. The way to order a Pi is to register interest on farnell UK site, and then get invited to order. Anyone who ordered on Newark by opening an account and placing it on the shopping cart has "cut in line", and is not being prioritized. That's why delivery time keeps getting delayed. I understand that Newark is charging more on this orders and on shipping.
by Wangateur » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 am
I ordered mine from Newark in March ... is that "cutting"????
by Roalush » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 pm
Wangateur wrote:I ordered mine from Newark in March ... is that "cutting"????

I personally don׳t think so. If they let you place an order, they should supply the product in a reasonable time.
I׳m just trying to explain the reason for the delay in shipment as I understand it. People who ordered with their Newark account are not in the regular queue. RS components, for example, does not let you to put the Raspberry Pi in the shopping cart and don't let proceed to checkout until you remove it.
by mcpderez » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:51 pm
My ship date has now slipped again from July 13 to July 16.