RS and Allied Update #6


325 posts   Page 10 of 13   1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
by DirkSoete » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 pm
Ordered on Jan 17th from RS in the UK and got delivery on Jan 22th. :D ....... but wrong parts! :cry: No PI board but two black boxes instead! OK .... can happen. But then after multiple e-mails and phone calls, I have till this day not had one little feedback or reply on what is going on.

So today I have asked them to refund and take back the order. This is the worst customer service I have yet seen.

DS
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:04 pm
by mmzdaniel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 am
Ordered 25Jan13, got it right now on 18Feb13. UK to Israel.
All in all, it actually arrived pretty fast! They sent it via DHL express.
I did not get a despatch notice though, it could have helped!
Cheer up people, it seems that they actually do have new stock and are shipping orders quickly.
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm
by bissho » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am
What was your order number?

Thanks
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by rpibossa » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 pm
Hello, just for the record (and others to compare) I ordered 2 on RS (from abroad) on Feb 06, order #1010245217.

That'd be ~10k in 2 weeks...

No news since order confirmation.
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm
by sonofabeach » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 pm
Reference Number 1010242801 here.
Ordered on 3. Feb 2013.
I was looking for dispatch status via google to find this disappointing threads in this forum.
i expect the arrival at the end of this week.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 pm
by bissho » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 pm
I ordered 1 on Jan. 22, order number 1010237761.

I have no news.
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by Vic@RS » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:38 pm
Hi everyone,

Quick update- we received our delivery of raspberry pi’s last week and as of Friday we had shipped up to order reference 1010239854. We will continue daily to get your orders shipped out as quickly as we possibly can; so that you will all receive your raspberry pi’s shortly.

Many thanks everyone for your patience and again apologies for the delay in the despatch update message on the Pi Store which I know has caused some confusion.

Regards,

Vic
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am
by bissho » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 am
Hi Vic@RS

Then, my order number 1010237761 has been sent?

Thanks

Vic@RS wrote:Hi everyone,

Quick update- we received our delivery of raspberry pi’s last week and as of Friday we had shipped up to order reference 1010239854. We will continue daily to get your orders shipped out as quickly as we possibly can; so that you will all receive your raspberry pi’s shortly.

Many thanks everyone for your patience and again apologies for the delay in the despatch update message on the Pi Store which I know has caused some confusion.

Regards,

Vic
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by rpibossa » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am
Thanks for the information ! Much appreciated.

Do you know whether you received enough items to supply all existing orders ?
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm
by mmzdaniel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm
bissho wrote:What was your order number?

Thanks


1010238847. according to the envelope in which they sent my Pi, it was shipped on 12Feb.
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm
by bissho » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:17 pm
Thanks :)

mmzdaniel wrote:
bissho wrote:What was your order number?

Thanks


1010238847. according to the envelope in which they sent my Pi, it was shipped on 12Feb.
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by rdx565 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm
Hi,

I received mine today order number 1010240909, ordered on the 29th of January and shipped yesterday 18th of Feb.

rdx565
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm
by lramirev » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm
For how it may concern:
I think my order has not being ship out, because I do not have a notification email. I would like to know if you have a posible date when my order will be delivered. Order number: 1010243807
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 pm
by rurwin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:17 pm
Since I ordered on a business account, I can check progress on the RS website. This morning it was still in progress, this afternoon it was shipped. So things were still being shipped today.
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm
by rafffel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm
rdx565 wrote:Hi,

I received mine today order number 1010240909, ordered on the 29th of January and shipped yesterday 18th of Feb.

rdx565


You're lucky
i'm two after you (order number : 1010240911) ordered same day.
but no mail about shipping nd no Pi in letter box :( .
Hope i will received that one fast :)
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm
by rurwin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm
Reading back in the thread:

1010238847 dispatched 12th February, from the last batch.
1010237446 dispatched 14th February, from the last batch.
1010239854 last order dispatched on Friday
1010240909 shipped Monday
1010240911 did not ship Monday

So, maybe, 1010240909-1010239854 = 1055 orders shipped on Monday.
And upto 1007 orders shipped on Friday.
That would only exhaust the stock if there were on average ten RaspPis in an order, and the batch was only 20,000 units. I would guess that there are at least a couple more days of shipping to go.

It is a very wild guess though, and a couple of large orders from people like Maplin could totally invalidate it.

Or look at it another way: They were shipping on 14th February. If they started shipping on the 11th, That would be 1 week between batches and 3000 orders in a batch. If all things are equal, and there's no chance of that, they'd get to around 10102419854 on this batch, and 1010244954 by next Wednesday.

Huge assumptions, and I have no more information than you do.
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm
by lramirev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 am
rurwin wrote:Reading back in the thread:

1010238847 dispatched 12th February, from the last batch.
1010237446 dispatched 14th February, from the last batch.
1010239854 last order dispatched on Friday
1010240909 shipped Monday
1010240911 did not ship Monday

So, maybe, 1010240909-1010239854 = 1055 orders shipped on Monday.
And upto 1007 orders shipped on Friday.
That would only exhaust the stock if there were on average ten RaspPis in an order, and the batch was only 20,000 units. I would guess that there are at least a couple more days of shipping to go.

It is a very wild guess though, and a couple of large orders from people like Maplin could totally invalidate it.

Or look at it another way: They were shipping on 14th February. If they started shipping on the 11th, That would be 1 week between batches and 3000 orders in a batch. If all things are equal, and there's no chance of that, they'd get to around 10102419854 on this batch, and 1010244954 by next Wednesday.

Huge assumptions, and I have no more information than you do.


Rurwin:
Would you please do me a favour and check on the status of my order: 1010243807

Thank you in advance.
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 pm
by bissho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 am
Rurwin:
Would you please do me a favour and check on the status of my order: 1010237761

Thanks.


rurwin wrote:Reading back in the thread:

1010238847 dispatched 12th February, from the last batch.
1010237446 dispatched 14th February, from the last batch.
1010239854 last order dispatched on Friday
1010240909 shipped Monday
1010240911 did not ship Monday

So, maybe, 1010240909-1010239854 = 1055 orders shipped on Monday.
And upto 1007 orders shipped on Friday.
That would only exhaust the stock if there were on average ten RaspPis in an order, and the batch was only 20,000 units. I would guess that there are at least a couple more days of shipping to go.

It is a very wild guess though, and a couple of large orders from people like Maplin could totally invalidate it.

Or look at it another way: They were shipping on 14th February. If they started shipping on the 11th, That would be 1 week between batches and 3000 orders in a batch. If all things are equal, and there's no chance of that, they'd get to around 10102419854 on this batch, and 1010244954 by next Wednesday.

Huge assumptions, and I have no more information than you do.
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by rafffel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:48 am
so it's not really clear from RS at all.
I don't understand why they not introduce stock bar will show there stock in real time i'm sure they allready on the normal website and can be really helpfull for all.
and can be know when is the next arrival.
I'm not angry or what else about rs but say on the website and mail dispatch within 2weeks and finally it's more disptach within a month it's little annoying for consummer.

P.S Guys rurwin didn't check the order shippiment he just have read previous post and try to explain rs shippement XD
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm
by jjim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 am
According to order numbers published here, mine should have already been dispatched
on monday... although I have not been e-mailed informing me of it.. So.. either I'll get a
nice surprise and find my little rasp in the mailbox one of these days... or I shall be ready for
the worst..
Again ... it looks as if the people at RS responsible for sending the dispatch e-mail are omitting
this step too often !! ... I hope they did not omit the shipment itself !!!
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am
by rurwin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 am
bissho wrote:Rurwin:
Would you please do me a favour and check on the status of my order: 1010237761

Thanks.

I wondered if I had put too many disclaimers in that post. It appears I put too few.

I am not associated with RS, and my sole association with the Foundation is that I moderate the forum. I have no more information than anyone else here.

But on the basis of those order numbers, I'd say 1010237761 should have already shipped. It may be worth emailing RS etc. If I were you I would not continue to wait patiently.

The other order, 1010243807, is 3000 orders later than the latest order that this thread has mentioned as shipping. In this case, waiting patiently is probably the order of the day.
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm
by bissho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 am
Thanks rurwin
rurwin wrote:
bissho wrote:Rurwin:
Would you please do me a favour and check on the status of my order: 1010237761

Thanks.

I wondered if I had put too many disclaimers in that post. It appears I put too few.

I am not associated with RS, and my sole association with the Foundation is that I moderate the forum. I have no more information than anyone else here.

But on the basis of those order numbers, I'd say 1010237761 should have already shipped. It may be worth emailing RS etc. If I were you I would not continue to wait patiently.

The other order, 1010243807, is 3000 orders later than the latest order that this thread has mentioned as shipping. In this case, waiting patiently is probably the order of the day.
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 am
by custk9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm
I can confirm arrival of order 1010239379 on te 19th february.

It came as a surprise as I didn't get any email announcing the dispatch.
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 pm
by rpibossa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm
Are you all sure that they send a dispatch confirmation e-mail ?
I thought I had read they don't (at least for non business orders).
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm
by rurwin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:41 pm
For my business order I didn't get an email, but I could check the status online.
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm