RS and Allied Update #6

325 posts   Page 1 of 13   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13
by Mike@RS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 am
This is the latest update from RS and Allied on order shipping and stock position. Many thanks to all who responded to Update 5, and I hope the information we've shared through posts and answers to-date has been useful to everyone.

Current Shipping Position:
In update 5 we posted a new version of our shipping timetable at http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... s#Delivery for everyone indicating that we expected to have shipped every outstanding order by this week, including new orders placed on our Pi Store since that last post. I'm very pleased to let you know that this has been achieved, with all Pi Store orders now having been despatched to customers - over 100,000 orders have been shipped in the last 6 weeks. As this is the busiest time of year for couriers, it may take a few days or weeks before every order has reached every customer, but we expect that 90%+ will be delivered before Christmas.

This week will also see all outstanding orders placed via the RS websites in Europe being despatched to customers. Allied Electronics now have enough Raspberry Pi’s to fulfil all outstanding US orders, and they are in the process of shipping these to customers. We're currently working with our team in Asia to finalise shipments to customers for orders placed on local RS websites, and will share further information on this in the next few weeks.

Future Stock Position:
Having shipped out all orders, we will enter January in an in-stock position, with product in our warehouse. There are deliveries from our manufacturers coming in over the next 3 months and beyond to help maintain that position, and stock will be shared with Allied Electronics to ensure US customers can order direct and receive the usual Allied service. For all other customers, you will continue to have two shopping options available from RS - our Pi Store for anyone buying for personal use and our local RS websites for business customers. We'll keep our FAQs > http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... =questions< up-to-date with the latest information, so please keep referring to these if you have any questions.

Customer Service & Returns:
The team monitoring the Raspberry Pi email inbox (raspberry.pi@rswww.com) has been expanded since the last update, and are continuing to respond to customer enquiries. As the stock and shipping improves, that team will remain in place to answer questions and help customers with any issues they raise. Similarly, the customer credits team has also been increased, and both areas are working closely with our Customer Returns team to improve the speed of processing and refund (where applicable) for any returned Pi's. We'll continue to keep you updated on this via replies to this thread.

Finally, we'd like to say a big thank you to our Pi customers. We're sorry it's taken so long to get your Pi's to you all, and are very grateful for your patience. We hope that once your Pi order arrives, you enjoy being able to explore and develop the potential of Raspberry Pi.
by matzey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm
Hi Mike,

I see that things are improving for you (and hopefully for customers). However I did not receive my Pi yet. I did ask RS about dispatch info and apparently my device was dispatched 11.12 (according to mail form you). Taking into account the fact that delivery destination is in Poland, it should take no more than 5 working days (we are in EU). If you are able to look into it here is order no. 1010199338.

ps. I believe that email address is without period mark between raspberry and pi -> raspberrypi@......
Last edited by matzey on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by zaku2012 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm
my mistake to order via RS
another mistake to expect it arrived in 17 weeks (17 weeks just despatch, few more weeks to wait for shipping!)
third mistake not cut the order once knew so many complaints in this forum
2 more working days left here, my RPI 17XXXX should not be delivered before X'mas.
by svennd » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm
matzey wrote:Hi Mike,

I see that things are improving for you (and hopefully for customers). However I did not receive my Pi yet. I did ask RS about dispatch info and apparently my device was dispatched 11.12 (according to mail form you). Taking into account the fact that delivery destination is in Poland, it should take no more than 5 working days (we are in EU). If you are able to look into it here is order no. 1010199338.

ps. I believe that email address is without period mark between raspberry and pi -> raspberrypi@......

I mailed about the same thing; its been 8 working days for me (and ppl in Belgium with higher number already received their order) And this was there reply :
Hi Svenn

With the come up to Christmas we have experienced customers have had a little more of a delay with there Pi’s down to the local postal services demand of parcels this time of the year

Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team

They don't send it with DHL anymore (?) so regular mail is more undependable towards time to deliver. Assuming from the speed of mail (2 working day) I'm pretty sure there on top of things again!
by divermanblue » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm
My Pi arrived today - hoorah. This 18 days after I placed my order which is too long. When I learnt that there was a delay to delivery I visited my local Maplin shop and was shocked to see that they had Pi's in stock. When I started my research into where to buy one of these wonderful things I used this website. I saw there were 2 suppliers listed and (stupidly) assumed they were the only ones. More clarity about possible vendors will, I'm sure, be beneficial to other future members of the RaspberryPi family.
by orxelm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm
Hey,
How can i check the status of my order #1010218548 ?
They say it's all shipped but i did not received any email indicating that.
o
by Dazzler » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:57 am
RS 198XXX received safe and well in Saudi Arabia. No shipping notice, just turned up. Delivered in line with the last forecast given out about 4 weeks ago. Thanks.
by JaimePerlado » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 am
Hello

I would like to know something about my order 1010213697.

I have not received any email or article.

On page RS not my order.

Thank you.
by sendelany » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am
The last I heared from RS was on the 1st of December. I was told to wait 10 Working days for RE-DISPATCH. it's been 15 working days and still no word. I ordered in June already and feel it's very unfair that I have to wait more than half a year. I spent money on this and demand my money's worth. Is this even legal? keeping our money for so long without paying interest? I received a dispatch notification mid October already and when I query this all I get is automated responses. The product is not worth the hustle; if only I knew then.
by svennd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 am
I understand your rage ... Mine is dispatched and has magically disappear, thanks to the tracking number nobody knows where. I doubt Ill be seeing my 35 euro computer any time soon.

I doubt this is legal, cause I think its more of a gamble game if you get a pi or not.
by cosmo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:33 pm
Just noticed that my order placed with Allied November 10th shipped today. Order# 2500367XXX.
by brian_nl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm
Just received my Pi today in Netherlands at 17:00 thru Select vracht parcel service.
No shipping notice it just turned up.
RS #1010205XXX ordered on 9 Nov
All works fine and everything I ordered was there. (Pi , PS and Clear housing)
Should have shipped last week and add 5 days makes today, so right on time :)
by mattrudling » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 pm
Ordered Pi near the end of October - 1010200xxx. I haven't even received a dispatch email. Quite an inconvenience. I live in south africa. It would be great if I could get some clarification on the matter.
by removebeforeflight » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 pm
I received my Pi too. My order number is 1010212xxx and I m in France.
Visitez mon site Web : les aventures d'un apprenti pilote : http://dreamofflying.wordpress.com/
by spoolboyy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:35 am
101017XXXX, order placed Aug 3, 2012.

Still have not received my order.

I have an email from RS stating they are upgrading my order to the 512mb model dated November 12th.

According to the latest shipping update calendar, my order SHOULD have been dispatched between Nov 26th and Dec 2nd.

I have no "dispatched" email, and no raspberry pi. I would like to have this item before 5 months pass please!

:D
by matzey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 am
Yesterday my Pi was delivered. I didnt opened IT due to my 40C Fever.
by ericsil » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:16 am
Dear people at RS,

First I want to thank you for not sending a dispatch notice. This way I have no idea when or even if I can expect my RPi. My order number is 1010198858(oct 24th) it's a RPi with clear case. To the Netherlands. I'm not home for the coming week.

Sincerely,
by svennd » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:58 pm
ericsil wrote:Dear people at RS,

First I want to thank you for not sending a dispatch notice. This way I have no idea when or even if I can expect my RPi. My order number is 1010198858(oct 24th) it's a RPi with clear case. To the Netherlands. I'm not home for the coming week.

Sincerely,

Dispatch mail contains following information : your order number, the fact you will get a 512 mb version, in Europe you should get it within 5 days work-days. However, I'm still din't receive anything yet (10+workdays, Belgium). The mailman said, ask for a "tracking number" but they don't have this, so maybe I just lost my money.

In short, the mail is not usefull at all. (I have luck I'm home next week so I keep stalking RS, and my mailman.)
by Stormobile » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 pm
Hi everyone. According to the timetable my order 1010187780 should have been sent by this time but I haven't gotten a e-mail about dispatch. Is everything ok?
by sdjf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:08 am
@spoolboyy: you do not mention where you live. if outside of europe, could take much longer to receive the shipment. try emailing rs, sometimes they do respond. sometimes.

@ericsil: that would be awful if your pi arrived and you were not home to receive it. I hope your postal service will be holding your mail for you?

@Stormobile: they claim that they send dispatch emails to everyone, but a lot of people get their pi's without ever getting that email. check your email provider's online spam folder in case it might have landed there.

I got my Pi from the Allied USA site, so did get a dispatch email, and was not charged until my order had been packed for shipping.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by misox12 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:05 am
My dispatch should be between 10th-16th December. Until now I didn't received any dispatch email or box with Raspberry (I am from Europe).
by sendelany » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:30 am
My order number is 1010130050. I still haven't received my order which was dispatched on the 16th October. I'm in South Africa.
by sendelany » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:36 am
Is anyone going to do anything about my order, I'm sick of waiting. No automated replies please.
by svennd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:00 am
Ordered and Payed : 19 oktober. (1010 1970xx)
Dispatch mail : 11 december
Country : Belgium. (1 day shipments from UK, modmypi reference)
mailed them 19 december to ask for my delivery (+5 workdays)
They promised it would be here before x-mas. Well, its not! :evil:

quote from RS terms of service
Any non-delivery of the products (in which case the time limit is within 10 days of the estimated despatch date). In this case RS shall deliver the undelivered products or refund the price of the undelivered products.

quote of regulations of EU online shopping
Your purchase should be delivered within 30 days unless you agree otherwise with the seller

Its very cool of RS to trash any regulations, I cannot ask my money back and go to a alternative seller, as they already "dispatched it", however there is no tracking so, no way to know where or when it got lost. Seemingly legally they toy around with there customers, I think its time to see what steps to take against this scam.
by sendelany » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am
svennd wrote:Ordered and Payed : 19 oktober. (1010 1970xx)
Dispatch mail : 11 december
Country : Belgium. (1 day shipments from UK, modmypi reference)
mailed them 19 december to ask for my delivery (+5 workdays)
They promised it would be here before x-mas. Well, its not! :evil:

quote from RS terms of service
Any non-delivery of the products (in which case the time limit is within 10 days of the estimated despatch date). In this case RS shall deliver the undelivered products or refund the price of the undelivered products.

quote of regulations of EU online shopping
Your purchase should be delivered within 30 days unless you agree otherwise with the seller

Its very cool of RS to trash any regulations, I cannot ask my money back and go to a alternative seller, as they already "dispatched it", however there is no tracking so, no way to know where or when it got lost. Seemingly legally they toy around with there customers, I think its time to see what steps to take against this scam.

And yet they keep accepting money from innocent people, knowing very well they can't meet expectations. They are going to come back and say they are investigating and it takes 10 working days blah blah with some automated response and that's the last you're going to hear. Even if they 're-ship' the order which I don't think they even shipped on the first place, It's still going to take another month to get to you. I don't think upgrading us to a newer board is enough compensation. pathetic