RS Delivery Sequence?

14 posts
by Beerhunter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 pm
Based on Order Numbers on the RS the sticky, I should be getting my Pi this week. Unlike others, I haven't had any word that they will be delivering it.

Are RS still sending out the notifications that one's Pi is with the courier/in the post or do they just turn up?
by leon_heller » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm
When I ordered mine I was told that it could take up to four weeks to be delivered. It just turned up after about two weeks.
Leon Heller
G1HSM
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm
Beerhunter wrote:Based on Order Numbers on the RS the sticky, I should be getting my Pi this week. Unlike others, I haven't had any word that they will be delivering it.

Are RS still sending out the notifications that one's Pi is with the courier/in the post or do they just turn up?

Based on order numbers on the RS sticky, I should have received my order 3 weeks ago, but, they didn't even ship it.
my order number is 234XX :lol:
by stnkvcmls » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm
My friend got his Pi without previous notification that it has been sent. So don't be surprised if it just turn up.
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 pm
I don't really care if I get the raspberry from RS.
I already received one from my local farnell representative and I expect two more raspberries which I ordered online.
The only reason I didn't cancel the order with RS is because I like the box they send.
As the hours pass, I am losing the hope to get that box in my hands as I will cancel the order in a few hours.
by stnkvcmls » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
stnkvcmls wrote:My friend got his Pi without previous notification that it has been sent. So don't be surprised if it just turn up.

Got mine today. It just turned up, without any email about shipping date.
by Beerhunter » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm
stnkvcmls are you in the UK and was it from RS? If so what was your number?

According to the sticky, based on my number, mine should be here by Sunday.
by stnkvcmls » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:00 am
From Serbia. Ordered from RS on 19 May (got invitation on 15 May) with order number 222xx.
by Beerhunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 am
Parcel Force have sent me an email saying delivery today. So that appears to answer my original question.

In the UK, if you ordered from RS you will get an email from Parcel Force one day before delivery.
by aleck » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:43 pm
Bristol UK

I received an e-mail from parcelpost worldwide on mon july 9 2012 stating that my RPi order from RS "is being despatched" using Express 24. The link displays my home address but no date of delivery or status details. No card has been left in our letter box and still the status of the item being despatched is unspecified. When should I expect dispatch & delivery?http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=23&t=10117#
by buscaruidos » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:20 pm
Rs worst of rasperry!
  When I placed my order, going to the payment page, I went out the data from another Person, "sergio" with phone number at +59 4087 ******!
I requested an explanation from Rs, and not deign to reply!
  Now, a month and a half later, my rasperry not come ... Command an email with the order reference, to know their status, and nothing! Silence! Until today, I received an email from DHL, telling me that the package leaves the UK today ...

Worse, impossible?
  How lucky they are, and you know, we want the rasperry ...

salu2
by PaulCheffus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 pm
aleck wrote:Bristol UK

I received an e-mail from parcelpost worldwide on mon july 9 2012 stating that my RPi order from RS "is being despatched" using Express 24. The link displays my home address but no date of delivery or status details. No card has been left in our letter box and still the status of the item being despatched is unspecified. When should I expect dispatch & delivery?http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=23&t=10117#

Hi

From memory mine went to this on evening of 26 June and was actually delivered 28 June. The tracking status on the Parcel Force website never changed during this period.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.
by aleck » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am
Hi,

Thanks for the info. RPi arrived this morning - the 11th - exactly the time scale you experienced.
End of worries
Alec :-)

PaulCheffus wrote:
aleck wrote:Bristol UK

Hi

From memory mine went to this on evening of 26 June and was actually delivered 28 June. The tracking status on the Parcel Force website never changed during this period.

Cheers

Paul
by Phil Spiegel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 pm
Last night I received the email from Parcel Force - pre-warning of my delivery (sent before it was collected)
According to tracking which became available this morning, it arrived at my local Aldershot Depot and was loaded on the delivery van about 02.30. It reached here about 11.00 - was duly signed for and the box was not empty.

The delivery ALSO contained my pre-loaded SD card I had taken the precaution of ordering - although I've since downloaded several RISC OS images. It arrived, on Friday 13th, just after I'd read about the forthcoming new version using the floating point hardware 8-)

A Transend SD HC C6 card in a nice convenient minuiature case.

So Parcel Force delivered within 24 hours, and RS despatched in the week suggested by 'RS Mike's Table' (but literal interpolation of the table would haver suggested a Monday night despatch ...so maybe 3-4 days adrift.