Invitation to order from RS

576 posts   Page 12 of 24   1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24
by stecklars » Wed May 23, 2012 7:07 pm
I registered interest on the afternoon of February 29, got all the RS updates but didn't receive any order invitation yet.

Does anyone know the reason for this?
by The_Pixie » Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm
It's odd how both groups that ordered from either company are finding similar issues.
I expressed intrest on the first day, in the afternoon, ish. I've had the updates, but now? Silence. No emails for weeks.
However, as a friend of mine likes to point out, his Pi is arriving next week. He ordered with Farnell. Only difference.
by yertiz » Wed May 23, 2012 7:27 pm
stecklars wrote:I registered interest on the afternoon of February 29, got all the RS updates but didn't receive any order invitation yet.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

I doubt that RS have caught up with you yet. According to their last two updates they had around 75,000 expressions of interest by 5:00pm on 29 February and 100,000 by the ned of the day. Depending on how late in the afternoon you made your expression of interest it is quite possible that RS would not yet have reached you on a schedule of inviting 10,000 orders per day (implied in their indication that all 100,000 would have received an invitation to order by the end of this week).

I do not know if they have managed to stick to that rather demanding schedule. The highest order number I have seen so far is in the 31,000 range. Even if they are not on target to invite orders I doubt it is a major problem. They are suggesting that dispatch of those orders will occur throughout June and into July so it is unlikely to delay delivery of your Pi if you do not get an invitation to order until next week or even later.

I made my expression of interest around 6:30pm on 29 February and will not be panicking until I see order numbers in excess of 90,000 without receiving an invite myself.

Yertiz
by dukla2000 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:28 pm
grumpyoldgit wrote:Interesting that the RS thread has people who were expressing interest at 8:00am on the first day, just now getting confirmation that delivery is imminent, while on the similar Farnell thread it is the people who ordered on 3rd March who are getting similar emails. My suspicion is that it was quicker and easier to express and interest than go through the whole process of making a full order. Both computer systems were in meltdown but RS would have been able to have processed more, ceteris paribus.

Yeah - I thought my first expression of RS interest was about 06:00.00.001 but only got invite to order on 15 May, "hope to deliver within 7 working days" which I interpret as by this Friday (25th). I would like to think I was certainly well before 06:05 and so am somewhat miffed I didn't get an earlier delivery - a friend who got up to try help my queue fight also reckons to have beaten 06:05 for RS interest and only got offer to order this week.

OTOH Farnell I ordered 3 March 11:50 and last I heard the y suggested I should get excited w/c 28 May.

So while I thought RS handled 29th bunfight much better (by only taking 1 screen expressions of interest), if the deliveries do work the way I am anticipating Farnell have done a much better job on their backlog.
by JohnW » Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 pm
dukla2000 wrote:OTOH Farnell I ordered 3 March 11:50 and last I heard the y suggested I should get excited w/c 28 May.

So while I thought RS handled 29th bunfight much better (by only taking 1 screen expressions of interest), if the deliveries do work the way I am anticipating Farnell have done a much better job on their backlog.

Either Farnell have done a much better job, or they recieved fewer orders in the first place. Given that RS claim to have recieved 100,000 requests in the first 24 hours, while the farnell site was down for a big chunk of that time, it is not surprising that Farnell are getting PI out earlier..
by grumpyoldgit » Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm
JohnW wrote:
dukla2000 wrote:OTOH Farnell I ordered 3 March 11:50 and last I heard the y suggested I should get excited w/c 28 May.

Either Farnell have done a much better job, or they recieved fewer orders in the first place. Given that RS claim to have recieved 100,000 requests in the first 24 hours, while the farnell site was down for a big chunk of that time, it is not surprising that Farnell are getting PI out earlier..

I would go with that. I suspect that Farnell have a lot less orders.
by drgeoff » Thu May 24, 2012 5:12 pm
I'm in the UK and placed my order with RS on 15 May. RS confirmation email has number 65xx and said they expected to dispatch within 7 working days and when they did would send further details. No Pi or email since. I did include a PSU on the order. I could have managed without one if I'd been aware that might cause further delay.

Regarding Farnell, as even though I was under the impression that I had registered interest with RS early on the launch day but heard nothing more from RS by 3 March, I used the "direct order link" to Farnell on 3 March with my pre-existing account with them. That order is still sitting on the Farnell system with no updates whatsoever. Just says 'backorder' - no indication of delivery date. No emails or anything from them.
by tech_monkey » Thu May 24, 2012 5:21 pm
Got my invite Friday 18th May. And I registered on release day sometime after 17:00. Can't remember exactly when. My order number is 277XX. Expected arrival time is three weeks.
http://www.casatech.eu
by Redrose-bbs » Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 pm
I have just received my invitation to order From RS, now perhaps I am been naive, What is the point of asking me to order then Pay and say it will not be despatched for 5 weeks, It is a bit rich to ask us to pay 5 weeks before despatch. :?:
by itimpi » Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm
drgeoff wrote:Regarding Farnell, as even though I was under the impression that I had registered interest with RS early on the launch day but heard nothing more from RS by 3 March, I used the "direct order link" to Farnell on 3 March with my pre-existing account with them. That order is still sitting on the Farnell system with no updates whatsoever. Just says 'backorder' - no indication of delivery date. No emails or anything from them.

I placed my order with Farnell on 3rd March as well, and I got the email today saying it had just shipped. However I had an email from them a month or so ago indicating that I should expect delivery next week so they are slightly ahead of that date. Up until the point it shipped the Status stayed unchanged, and on shipping it has changed to "Completde".
by OllieB » Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 pm
I registered in Jan with RS and just received today my invitation to order. Needless to say, very excited! :D
by yertiz » Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 pm
Received an invitation from RS this afternoon and have just ordered. Order reference no. is 39xxx. Delivery expected within 5 weeks.

Given some of the earlier comments in this thread I thought the RS order system worked remarkably smoothly.

Yertiz
by jbeale » Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 pm
I just got my order invite from RS and placed the order May 24 2012 11:19 am PDT (UTC-7) without problem. Online order ref # 38xxx.
"Delivery Type : Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 5 week(s))"

I expressed interest within about an hour of the grand opening, as I recall (not sure of the time exactly though). I hadn't received the RS weekly updates for a while, so I was wondering if they'd forgotten me. :-)
by drgeoff » Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm
OllieB wrote:I registered in Jan with RS and just received today my invitation to order. Needless to say, very excited! :D

You must be using a different calendar from everyone else! :lol:
by varkey » Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 am
Did anyone who ordered on or after May 17th, got it delivered or a shipment notification? My order # is 103xx
by qiou » Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 am
varkey wrote:Did anyone who ordered on or after May 17th, got it delivered or a shipment notification? My order # is 103xx

Hi,

I ordered on May 18th (got invitation on 17th). My ordre # is 15xxx.
No news so far, 3 week despatching time at the date of order, maybe more news on early June.
by BBsan2k » Sun May 27, 2012 10:22 am
I ordered on May 7 10:00 and also had 3 weeks despatch.
OrderRef is 83xx.
Didn't receive any new since then. Hopefully it will deliver in the next 10 days.
by Midnight Caller » Sun May 27, 2012 10:50 am
I Got an invitation to order with RS Components, I placed my order today 27/5/2010 My ordre # 42***
RS Components Delivery (Despatch expected within 5 week(s) for UK

I Ordered
1) Raspberry Pi Type B
1) 4GB SD Card with Raspberry Pi OS installed
2) 4GB SD Card
1) Micro USB UK power supply for Raspberry Pi
1) 3.5mm Stereo to twin RCA plug cable for Raspberry Pi

Order total: £66.45

This is my birthday present to me, but It is going to be a late one it is my 50th birthday today.

From RS Components:
Once your order has been despatched we will send you further details on shipment and courier, to help track your delivery.
Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
by 999frogs » Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm
registration confirmation 3/3
Time to Order! email 17/5
Order placed (30***) 23/5 - Despatch expected within 3 week(s)
by Howard » Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 am
I have just received an invitation from RS to order using http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com
but when I get to the delivery page it is already partially filled in with:

First name: Sergio
Phone number: +59170374087____

And google identifies the phone number as belonging to Sergio and he is in Bolivia!

This makes me worried that its a spam invitation or a hacked website.

Has anyone else had similar issues AND actually had a board delivered ???

Howard Amos in New Zealand (which definitely isn't part of Bolivia)
by Steep » Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 am
qiou wrote:
varkey wrote:Did anyone who ordered on or after May 17th, got it delivered or a shipment notification? My order # is 103xx

Hi,

I ordered on May 18th (got invitation on 17th). My ordre # is 15xxx.
No news so far, 3 week despatching time at the date of order, maybe more news on early June.

Invitation 17th, ordered 10 seconds later :) no news here yet either, fingers firmly crossed.
by ForToffee » Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 am
Howard wrote:I have just received an invitation from RS to order using http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com

And google identifies the phone number as belonging to Sergio and he is in Bolivia!

Same here, UK. Last 6 digits of my key are "8e196b". Came to the right email address, only ever used it sign up to RS, so little confused!
by davez » Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am
I know I registered interest a couple of hours after the launch when I was finally able to get it.

I emailed RS and asked them if I was still in the queue and they only responded with a FAQ which states they can't tell you the place in the queue, I just wanted to know if I was in the queue at all, shouldn't be a problem for them.
http://blog.davido.me General tech site
by funix » Tue May 29, 2012 11:23 am
ForToffee wrote:
Howard wrote:I have just received an invitation from RS to order using http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com

Same here, UK. Last 6 digits of my key are "8e196b". Came to the right email address, only ever used it sign up to RS, so little confused!

Same here, also same last digits sent by rsonline@eu.rs-email.com. Maybe the key was not that unique so the original users' data was filled automatically. However I fear collisions in the order process especially when it comes to payments.

I will reply to the invitiation and see what RS tells me.
by ForToffee » Tue May 29, 2012 12:22 pm
funix wrote:Same here, also same last digits sent by rsonline@eu.rs-email.com. Maybe the key was not that unique so the original users' data was filled automatically. However I fear collisions in the order process especially when it comes to payments.

I will reply to the invitiation and see what RS tells me.

I've emailed their support email address, only got the initial "Have you read the FAQ" response thus far.

Just out of curiosity, the first 6 digits are "464d2c", does that match yours are well?