RS and Allied Update #6

325 posts   Page 3 of 13   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13
by dilopes » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 pm
Hi all,

Another order from Portugal, should have been dispatched on the 24h (order number 1010221256). Still no news and no tracking number...
by Sr2004 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:05 pm
So I order on December 23, well not very good English, not if I have to get a shipping confirmation message, or if and alo sent my request code is 1010222XXX, want to help me, thank you very much by time
by kalehrl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:52 pm
Just received my redispatched parcel and I'm elated!
The shipping to Serbia took 5 working days - from Monday to Friday this week which is very quick having in mind the holidays.
Order number was 1010168xxx.
by michaeljquinn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 am
Ordered my pi on 3rd dec with Paypal - 101021XXXX, money debited on 3rd december, but no sign of my order, apart from the confirmation. hope its just the christmas rush

Should I start worrying, maybe element14 (ordered first pi from them) was a better option :x
by JaimePerlado » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 am
michaeljquinn wrote:Ordered my pi on 3rd dec with Paypal - 101021XXXX, money debited on 3rd december, but no sign of my order, apart from the confirmation. hope its just the christmas rush

Should I start worrying, maybe element14 (ordered first pi from them) was a better option :x

Hello

I also ordered the day 3, clearly they placed that three weeks, I contacted them on the 20th and told me to wait 9 days. I have waited and nothing. They call me an automatic email that in 14 days I returned the money, but 14 days seems excessive to me, so I created the claim PAYPAL. I'm not willing to play with my money.

Greetings and Happy Holidays.

Sorry for my bad English.
by sketchman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:44 pm
Just want to publicly document that 2 days ago I got a PM stating that the issue regarding my refund would be looked into. For the record, this is now 5 months and 22 days after I paid for the order and 2 months and 4 days since my last email was answered.

Waiting patiently, still.
by randrade » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm
I was happy to have woken up to this:

For the record, I placed my order on the 11th December.

Edit: I am even happier now... my order just arrived!
by Vic@RS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 pm
Hi everyone,

To all those who have posted on the forum since my last post, I have either PM’d you or sent your queries on to our raspberry pi customer services team, who I know are working as quickly as possible to get back to you all.

Sketchman- an email has been sent through to our credits department to ensure that your refund is going though and this will be confirmed in an email to you.

Dilopes- you should have received a reply from customer services today.

Sr2004- please allow 5 working days for delivery within Europe. As you ordered on the 23rd of December, 5 working days will take you to an expected delivery date of the 2nd of January- taking all of the Chrsitmas and New Year bank holidays in to consideration.

Michaeljquinn- please can you PM me your full order number and name so that I can look in to your order

Many Thanks,
Vic
by Nikoomba » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:39 pm
Dear Mike,

I've ordered 4 Raspberry Pi Model B's with the order number 1010221401 .

They should have been sent long ago(according to the schedule 23 December), but I've STILL not received the dispatch notice.

I've phoned both the Dutch and UK RS Components facilities and I've been told to mail to the raspberrypi@rswww.com address. I've done so 4 days ago, and I've not received any reply.

I'm getting rather worried since the site mentioned the products were in stock.

I think it's very bad service if people don't hear anything for over 10 days after their order, and aren't able to talk to anyone about it(RS doesn't know what's going on at all and just refers to the e-mail address which is responding way too slowly).

I'd really, dearly, like to know what's going on; especially since you mentioned your orders were sent according to schedule succesfully(either you're mistaken or the dispatch message service is broken).

Kind regards,
Sjors van Gelderen
The Netherlands
by Sr4l » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 am
I ordered 2 RPis on 17th Sep; my order number is 10101867XXX; dispatch duo shedule was 10. - 16 Dec.

No dispatch mail, no packages so far. 11 working days from GB to Germany, without public holidays .....

It sooooo extremely frustrating to check mailbox twice a day, and come back disappointed ....... :?
by sketchman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:59 pm
Refunded as of yesterday. Still no redemption for PayPal, but RS did honor their word. Thanks.
by santos0250 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 pm
Nikoomba wrote:Dear Mike,

I've ordered 4 Raspberry Pi Model B's with the order number 1010221401 .

They should have been sent long ago(according to the schedule 23 December), but I've STILL not received the dispatch notice.

I've phoned both the Dutch and UK RS Components facilities and I've been told to mail to the raspberrypi@rswww.com address. I've done so 4 days ago, and I've not received any reply.

I'm getting rather worried since the site mentioned the products were in stock.

I think it's very bad service if people don't hear anything for over 10 days after their order, and aren't able to talk to anyone about it(RS doesn't know what's going on at all and just refers to the e-mail address which is responding way too slowly).

I'd really, dearly, like to know what's going on; especially since you mentioned your orders were sent according to schedule succesfully(either you're mistaken or the dispatch message service is broken).

Kind regards,
Sjors van Gelderen
The Netherlands

Same here, only is my order number 1010220779...
I hope it will come this or next week.

Sammy from Belgium.
by michaeljquinn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 am
Dear Vic@RS

Thanks for chasing up, but its all cool. (pi number 2, I can see I'll be collecting a few of these :D )

The 3 weeks seemed about right, given the christmas rush and shipping to Australia
an extra 6 days is actually pretty damn good.

Comms needs some work, but hey, if you are selling heaps of pi's (and the margin is prolly not
great), then thats the main thing - get them out there !!!

My order (1010213799) has arrived today and 1/2 hr later its all beautiful - thanks RS

Nice white case, power supply and the 512Mb pi !!! , so cool, all working fine

Now I have a development environment, to try thing out etc...

Quite happy with the stability of my Solar monitor pi, (the other pi) uptime of 9 days straight,
and nowI can try out different combos of software etc.., for solar monitoring, without losing
data collection (you get a little paranoid about losing 5 min of data :mrgreen: )
by puik » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 am
Hi all,

Made my order on 10th Dec (101216xxx) and got it on 29th via ordinary mail, came as oversized letter to Finland. Invoice dated 13th Dec. Got no shipping confirmation, same as with my first order in May.

I was before hesitating wether to order but the shortened time to ship (two weeks at that time) made me to :). So Ive been happy with RS except for the missing shipping confirmations. Now Farnell stopped selling directly to Finland and other option would have been using more expensive reseller which btw had Pis in stock.

Best regards
by bedronio » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 pm
Hello
Sorry for my bad English
I ordered my rasbperry pi on 27/10/2012
I received mail confirmation for order 1010200xxx
I received despatched mail on 13/12
But nothing received.
20 day is too long.
I live in Italy please investigate.
Thank's in advance
by dobrichelovek » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 pm
Allied in the U.S.

I just got off the phone with my account manager at Allied and she told me that my order from July 5, 2012 order # 25002138xx hasn't yet shipped because they don't yet have enough stock to cover the orders. I encouraged her to ensure that the information that has been posted here by Mike@RS on December 20th and what she told me are reconciled so that there is not misinformation being given.

I would like to thank Mike and Vic for posting any information at all, and am glad that they have been helpful to those in Europe to know when RS orders would be fulfilled, but it seems like the information about there being enough stock at Allied for current U.S. orders isn't in line with what I was just told. It would be great if we could get similar information for Allied that Mike and Vic have been providing for RS. Is there any chance we could get a more accurate statement so we know if six months will turn into much more? Has anyone who ordered from Allied more recently than July 5th gotten their orders already?
by Gallium » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 am
I just received my Raspberry Pi from RS Components. Oh and I live in Aussie.
by svennd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:47 am
santos0250 wrote:Same here, only is my order number 1010220779...
I hope it will come this or next week.

Sammy from Belgium.

Order 10101970XX; still nothing. 10 working days for Belgium they told me. I would get it before x-mas they told me, ... its just sad. Fact that a friend bought one 2 months ago, and received it the same week, well yeah. I choise poorly.
by sendelany » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am
5TH forum post just to get what I pad for 6months ago already. Everyone keeps on making promises and nothing happens, I Ordered mine in July, received a dispatch notice 3 months ago and have been following up ever since. I have talked to everyone with promises to re-dispatch my order. How many more PIs is my time and effort going to get me 2,3,4 or 5 maybe? Pathetic
by zalewskig » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 am
Hi All

My Rasp was sent 12 december 2012 and and till now I have not received it. Polish delivery (poczta polska) cant help me witchout package number. My delivery number is 1010204747. What is the procedure in this case and that in the event of loss of both Raspberry and lost money?
by Nikoomba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:11 pm
Alright, after having e-mailed the Dutch RS Components facility again and filing a complaint, they have contacted RS Components UK and asked them to clarify why my order was taking so long to process.

RS Components UK promptly replied and contacted the raspberrypi@rswww.com address immediately; who then the next day answered me the following message:

"
Good Afternoon Sjors,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in response to your emails.
Your order REF 1010221401 is showing as due for dispatch on today Thursday 3rd January.

The feedback we have been receiving from our customers in the Netherlands is that they are taking delivery of their orders up to 12 working days after it has been dispatched.

If you do not receive your order within this time frame please email and we will investigate.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Raspberry Pi Team
"

I'm happy to hear that the Pi's have been sent; but I still don't know WHY it took so long? Like, don't you have enough supply, or is there a bug in the site? Is there a problem with the couriers? It's just not clear where it's going wrong.

I'm very happy about the quick reply, however, so thank you for that. I'm just disappointed about how much I've had to do to receive any communication from you at all.
by gdw35 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 am
Gallium wrote:I just received my Raspberry Pi from RS Components. Oh and I live in Aussie.

When was yours shipped? I am in Australia too. Mine was shipped on December 14 and I am still waiting. I had 2 weeks holiday from December 23 and was hoping it would arrive during that time so that I could play with it on my break. Looks like that is not going to happen. :cry: Will be so annoyed it it turns up on my first day back at work.
by ubitrek » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 am
zalewskig wrote:Hi All

My Rasp was sent 12 december 2012 and and till now I have not received it. Polish delivery (poczta polska) cant help me witchout package number. My delivery number is 1010204747. What is the procedure in this case and that in the event of loss of both Raspberry and lost money?

Hi
My Pi was sent 11 Dec 2011 and arrived (to Poland) today 4 Jan 2013 .
Order number: 10102033XX.
by svennd » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:24 am

Contact them, if its lost in the mail, they will reship... good luck. As to why they don't have a tracking number, remains a mysterie.
by sendelany » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 am
svennd wrote:

Contact them, if its lost in the mail, they will reship... good luck. As to why they don't have a tracking number, remains a mysterie.

There is no certainty whether or when they will re-ship though. Mine got lost months ago and I have been waiting for a re-ship for weeks now.