Stock at MCM Electronics

167 posts   Page 3 of 7   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
by Peteman100 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:27 am
Is there a reason why shipping is so expensive at MCM? $5 would be acceptable to me but $10 seems unnecessary.
by Pete Burgess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Would be super nice if they'd actually ship the orders they'd taken too, especially the ones that were ordered when the website said "In stock".
by mcmelectronics » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm
Peteman100 wrote:Is there a reason why shipping is so expensive at MCM? $5 would be acceptable to me but $10 seems unnecessary.

Our shipping charge model is based off order value, as opposed to weight. We know it's not ideal, especially for low cost orders. We're working on moving to a weight based charge, but obviously that doesn't help you right now. Hoping to improve on it in the future.

Pete Burgess wrote:Would be super nice if they'd actually ship the orders they'd taken too, especially the ones that were ordered when the website said "In stock".

We're happy to check on your order for you. Our orders ship within 24 hours 99% of the time. If the site said "in stock", it should ship. Care to PM us your "W000..." order number?
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
facebook.com/mcmelectronics
by tgwena » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am
I made on order on November 1 with an expected shipping date of November 12. Now it seems that date has disappeared?

Am I still on track for Nov 12?
by rav007 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 am
so i ordered last night when it said the 12th, now the main item page says 21st :(

does this mean the batch from the 12th got sold out or all orders have been pushed back to 21st? thanks.
by mcmelectronics » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm
rav007 wrote:so i ordered last night when it said the 12th, now the main item page says 21st :(

does this mean the batch from the 12th got sold out or all orders have been pushed back to 21st? thanks.

Yes, essentially, we sold through the batch we were to receive around the 12th and are now fulfilling orders from the next batch which should arrive around the 21st. I don't have complete visibility as to where exactly the cutoff was - if you ordered yesterday, it may be close.

tgwena wrote:I made on order on November 1 with an expected shipping date of November 12. Now it seems that date has disappeared?

Am I still on track for Nov 12?

Sent you a PM - your order should be filled from this next batch around the 12th.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by Roger-H » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 pm
I just ordered a few accessories from MCM today, including the SD card with OS image. Does the card contain the latest one announced here?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2296
by mcmelectronics » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 pm
Roger-H wrote:I just ordered a few accessories from MCM today, including the SD card with OS image. Does the card contain the latest one announced here?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2296

Not the latest version, no. Due to the rapid software updates provided by the Raspberry Pi foundation, we cannot update our SD cards as quickly as they release updates. I am attaching an image of the back of the card that we provide that gives a command to update the OS on the card to the latest release.

MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by mcmelectronics » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm
A quick note about individual boards - as of today, we'll be enforcing a 25 board limit. Bundles will still be limited to 100 units. If you're ordering for a group or educational organization and would like to order more than that, please contact us.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by SFX Group » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm
Hi

DO we have an update on the latest shipment, my order number is W000780673, it was due instock today.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2012 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
by dgirard » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am
I'm also wondering what the status on these are?

My order number is W000780617 placed on Nov 2nd.

I ordered the Pi and wal-warts...I received the wal-warts right away, and my tracking information shows the SKU for the PI with a status of complete, Qty 0 and blank "shipped ETA"...the date on the web site when I placed my order was Nov 12th...

I'm hoping they just haven't come in yet (or are still being received?) and not that the system thinks mine have already shipped...
by mcmelectronics » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:20 pm
SFX Group wrote:Hi

Do we have an update on the latest shipment, my order number is W000780673, it was due instock today.

Ashley,

It's en route right now and should be in later today.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by mcmelectronics » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 pm
Pis and bundles are back in stock, though in limited quantities. Please don't forget, we're limiting quantities to 25 on Pis.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by ukscone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm
mcmelectronics wrote:Pis and bundles are back in stock, though in limited quantities. Please don't forget, we're limiting quantities to 25 on Pis.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi

so backordered raspi's will ship tomorrow? darn thanksgiving getting in the way and allowing UPS to take a day longer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by mcmelectronics » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm
ukscone wrote:so backordered raspi's will ship tomorrow? darn thanksgiving getting in the way and allowing UPS to take a day longer

Yes. If they didn't go out yesterday, they should be going out today.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by eps » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 pm
Despite being prominently promoted as "Manufactured by Sony in the UK" both on the MCM Electronics home page and the Raspberry Pi landing page, and the first word after "Will my Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) have been manufactured by Sony in the UK?" on the FAQ page being "Yes," the ones I received earlier this week were Made in China (and have black audio jacks). (I was wondering why the Invoice/Packing Slip for an order consisting solely of Raspberry Pis started off with "For Chemical Emergency Call ...")

I now have first-hand experience with both Allied (RS) and MCM (Farnell). The former took longer than I wanted, but didn't engage in misleading or deceptive business practices. Each one shipped working, undamaged products, but neither company fully met my expectations.

There's a fairly easy way to handle this, and it comes straight out of the hotel industry. Try to reserve a room online, and you might be presented with choices like:

"Best Available Rate"
( ) Deluxe Room, one king bed
( ) Deluxe Room, two double beds
( ) Deluxe Room, bed type not specified

(Where the price is the same for all three.)

What if customers could select from:

( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, Made in the UK
( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, Made in China
( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, any country of origin

I think this could be an interesting experiment.
by Cindley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm
Ordered with MCM a few days ago. Yay, Just received my tracking number. Can't wait.
by plugwash » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm
I doubt they were being deliberately deceptive, I suspect it was just a case of the last few batches were from sony in the UK so someone put that up on the website, then the next batch that turned up happened to be made in china.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by SFX Group » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:22 am
Hi

Order number W000780673 online seems to indicate the item has not shipped, however i have an email with a PDF file that says it was on 15 November 2012.

How do i find tracking information?
Many Thanks
Ashley

by SFX Group » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:22 am
Mines just arrived, 512Mb ram (i think), Made in China with screw holes dated 2011.12 with black sound port
Many Thanks
Ashley

by ukscone » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:29 pm
SFX Group wrote:Mines just arrived, 512Mb ram (i think), Made in China with screw holes dated 2011.12 with black sound port

When did you order yours? I specifically asked if they were the "made in uk" ones before ordering and was told yes that all their boards were "made in uk" ones. Yes i know that functionally they are the same but as i'm English & Welsh (&Scottish) there is a bit of personal Jingoism involved :) and if i'd been told they were the "made in china" ones i'd have ordered from elsewhere.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by mcmelectronics » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 pm
eps wrote:Despite being prominently promoted as "Manufactured by Sony in the UK" both on the MCM Electronics home page and the Raspberry Pi landing page, and the first word after "Will my Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) have been manufactured by Sony in the UK?" on the FAQ page being "Yes," the ones I received earlier this week were Made in China (and have black audio jacks). (I was wondering why the Invoice/Packing Slip for an order consisting solely of Raspberry Pis started off with "For Chemical Emergency Call ...")

I now have first-hand experience with both Allied (RS) and MCM (Farnell). The former took longer than I wanted, but didn't engage in misleading or deceptive business practices. Each one shipped working, undamaged products, but neither company fully met my expectations.

There's a fairly easy way to handle this, and it comes straight out of the hotel industry. Try to reserve a room online, and you might be presented with choices like:

"Best Available Rate"
( ) Deluxe Room, one king bed
( ) Deluxe Room, two double beds
( ) Deluxe Room, bed type not specified

(Where the price is the same for all three.)

What if customers could select from:

( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, Made in the UK
( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, Made in China
( ) Raspberry Pi Model B 2.0 512MB, any country of origin

I think this could be an interesting experiment.

To chime in on this - the FAQ stated "Yes, all the initial Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) have been manufactured at Sony in the UK" and continued with "To meet worldwide demand we will continue to manufacture future boards in both the UK and China.".

We'd love to be able to offer our customers a choice - but frankly, we don't know which boards will be sent to us until they arrive, and then we only have one type to offer. The latest boards came in earlier this week, and we didn't realize they were/are China boards (I've not been down to the warehouse yet to check, personally). We're sorry for the confusion and have updated the banner on our website. We're not in any way deliberately conducting "misleading or deceptive business practices". We're simply bringing in as many boards as possible, as fast as possible to ensure everyone who wants a Pi is able to get one. That being said, the boards will function identically regardless where they were manufactured.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by mcmelectronics » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:30 pm
SFX Group wrote:Hi

Order number W000780673 online seems to indicate the item has not shipped, however i have an email with a PDF file that says it was on 15 November 2012.

How do i find tracking information?

After checking on this - your order did ship the 15th. It looks like it was delivered yesterday, the 22nd. I've PM'd you the tracking number anyhow.
MCM Electronics
@mcmelectronics
by rexysmexy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm
I have bin trying to get ahold of MCM Electronic's about my current order. I have bin charged and it display's as Pending. I've emailed and called, so far i have gotten nothing. Really not happy with your service. I don't recommend these guys to anyone.
by SFX Group » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am
Mine was ordered 2 November 2012
Many Thanks
Ashley